tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
HDN Podcast.jpg

Episode 1 is finally here! Join @Wreck and myself as we chat about SteelBooks, what's currently in theaters, Mondo and various other art print companies, and much, much more!

Episode 1 also features 'The SteelBook Shakedown' -- a segment where we talk about what's at the top of the SteelBook section of the forum -- and 'Tridon Gets Wrecked' -- a segment where I interview the man himself and give you some insight into the world of HDN.

There's currently a few different ways to get the podcast: SoundCloud, iTunes, orYouTube

Give it a listen and then come back here and let us know what you liked and what you would like to hear the next time around! :thumbs:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-07-03 23.42.01.png
    Screenshot 2017-07-03 23.42.01.png
    138.1 KB · Views: 183,519
Last edited by a moderator:
Great episode honoured with a shout out, not much dirt on me, squeaky clean.
As for Danzigg that nickname was given to by my co workers about 20 years ago, didn't have a clue that Danzigg is a group lol
Big comic book collector and massive lover of the Spider-Man 1977 CBS TV Series.
Got a hefty Steelbook collection sadly there safely tucked away in the Loft. Got 2 kids and take the risk of the littlens damaging them or even worse taking them out of the packaging when sealed.
Hope to hear a Group Buy shakedown perhaps?
@Wreck @tridon great work fellas, also we need to help choose an Avatar for @Igans316
I commented on @lgans316 lack of an avatar in a PM to him recently and suggested he use the eBay logo, but he totally blanked me... rude! :bored::p

Ahahah!
Nice episode #3! So cool "Dismember the Member" about all great members around here! Learned many cool stuff about really awesome Ninjas!
Really cool Shakedowns about Steel and Slips. Also, for Film discovery: M. Holland Opus is also in my TOP3 @tridon. I know it's available from Germany, but I need this one in French as I've always heard it in it. I also learned to play drum while this movie was out so I truly connected with the whole story.

And no @Wreck I wasn't there back in the BRC days... as you said, my joined date was back in 2011, not 2009... Great to see you feel I've been here foreverrrrrrrr :hilarious:

Great episode honoured with a shout out, not much dirt on me, squeaky clean.
As for Danzigg that nickname was given to by my co workers about 20 years ago, didn't have a clue that Danzigg is a group lol
Big comic book collector and massive lover of the Spider-Man 1977 CBS TV Series.
Got a hefty Steelbook collection sadly there safely tucked away in the Loft. Got 2 kids and take the risk of the littlens damaging them or even worse taking them out of the packaging when sealed.
Hope to hear a Group Buy shakedown perhaps?
@Wreck @tridon great work fellas, also we need to help choose an Avatar for @Igans316

Great getting to know you, @Danzigg1979! I'm also a big comicbook collector... not as much as I used to be, but I still collect when the room and funds suffice. Thanks for the suggestion! :thumbs:

Ahahah!
Nice episode #3! So cool "Dismember the Member" about all great members around here! Learned many cool stuff about really awesome Ninjas!
Really cool Shakedowns about Steel and Slips. Also, for Film discovery: M. Holland Opus is also in my TOP3 @tridon. I know it's available from Germany, but I need this one in French as I've always heard it in it. I also learned to play drum while this movie was out so I truly connected with the whole story.

And no @Wreck I wasn't there back in the BRC days... as you said, my joined date was back in 2011, not 2009... Great to see you feel I've been here foreverrrrrrrr :hilarious:

Happy to meet another Mr. Holland's Opus fan! It's truly a remarkable film. It really tugs at the heartstrings in all the right ways. Awesome to know that you learned to play drums because of that film. I always connected to the music in it, but not to the point where it made me pick up an instrument. That's a beautiful thing, man.

Happy to meet another Mr. Holland's Opus fan! It's truly a remarkable film. It really tugs at the heartstrings in all the right ways. Awesome to know that you learned to play drums because of that film. I always connected to the music in it, but not to the point where it made me pick up an instrument. That's a beautiful thing, man.
Ah geez man... here we go... you brought me down memory lane....

podcast is live ......... ninjas feel free to tag people who are mentioned as you listen a long. Its a long episode but it gets much better with time and I think many of you will really enjoy this one. 14 tracks, many many many hours mixing.

Also on iTunes, subscribe to our Podcast all your iphone users! And rate our podcast its just an easy star rating and drop a one-line review please. (on itunes/your iphone if you got it)

Great job @Wreck and @tridon! That was a cool episode. I loved the dismember the member section! Here's a pic of the awesome bat Wreck made for me! I know it must have took John ages to do but it does look fantastic and I'm happy to own 1 of only 2 editions!:D

View attachment 323738

View attachment 323737
@Wreck and @tridon
YAY! :woot: I kept getting distracted and interrupted yesterday, so I restarted it this morning at work and finally listened to it all! Man, you guys are fu**ing AWESOME! I love this one! :notworthy: I can tell you both are having so much fun creating these podcasts, it definitely makes them much more enjoyable! And a suggestion for a future podcast, I'd like to hear a BLOOPERS segment! :D

I enjoyed it so damn much that I took notes! :p
20170724_100833.jpg

Where do I begin? :confused:

Columbia House!? :OMG: Haven't heard that name in a long ass time. I remember ordering the vhs movies you wanted where you had to cut out the stamps and mail the form back to them! Old school baby! :thumbs: With them is how I started my DVD collection. Thanks for the blast from past ;)

Steelbook shakedown ROCKS! :woot: "Don't touch my donut!"
rteZP.gif

LOL! :LOL:

Thanks for including the Slipcover/Slipbox thread into the podcast! Glad you're shaking things around! ;)
That Ghost in the shell is a beauty, can't wait to own it tomorrow!

"FRANKY! You're always putting possible! What the HELL!? Damn it man!"
Sorry :sorry:..
"Have some COJONES!" I fu**ing love it! :hilarious:

The film discovery segment was amazing. Thanks for the recommendations and for your thoughts. Ken, surprised to hear 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape' is your favorite film of all time! It truly is an incredible film! Stake Land? Heard of it, haven't seen it. One of my most cherished independent films of all time is 'Instructions Not Included'! :drool: Such an amazing Mexican film, I highly recommend it! And I do the same, I enjoy watching films over and with friends and family to see their reactions, like The Raid and John Wick. I feel like it's my job to introduce them to these kick ass films! :cool:

source.gif

Postersss! That's a lot of S's! :p

Vinyls. Currently not buying or looking forward to one, but I am excited for the Stranger Things Cassette! :woot: I also used to own a record player until it defecated on me! :emb: But I still buy those bastards, love 'em! Nacho Libre is my favorite! Still want to get The Book of Life and From Dusk till dawn! :angel:

And finally, DISMEMBER THE MEMBER! :woot: :woot: :woot: Hearing you Señor Wreck rocking out was fu**ing AWESOME! Best segment of it all! Absolutely loved it! (Hope this is not the last one!) I guess thanks for starting the fire with me! :oohyeah::woot::rofl::rofl::rofl:
ZicvTfA.gif

I'm honored! LMFAO!

"Who the hell has an 8ft statue"...me :sorry: :emb: "Where does the wife sleep?" Man that sh*t had me rolling! Hell, even Alyssa got a kick out of it! :p And get this right Kenzilla, I'm not short, I'M FUN SIZE! :cool: ;) Lotta AWESOMENESS in this spicy grenade! :D

@Drum18 Mr. Mark, the and ONLY! Awesome DUDE indeed!
@Flloydo, crazy hairy hombre! YOU ROCK!
@Sigill, seagull. Damn you guys really know how to butcher sh*t up! LOL! Epic Inglorious Basterds bat you have there Amigo!
@rj531 HDN's #1 cheerleader! HELL YEAH! :notworthy:
@C.C. 95, Wrecks chuckle said it all! :hilarious: I agree, he is the GIF KING! :notworthy:
@TheCollector86 "He must like animated fat boys?" "Whatever floats your boat" :rofl:
And Lgans, "Mr. NO Avatar" LOL! That's hilarious!

Once again I loved Episode #3! Thanks for the entertainment. Bring on the next one!
popcorn2.gif

@Wreck and @tridon
YAY! :woot: I kept getting distracted and interrupted yesterday, so I restarted it this morning at work and finally listened to it all! Man, you guys are fu**ing AWESOME! I love this one! :notworthy: I can tell you both are having so much fun creating these podcasts, it definitely makes them much more enjoyable! And a suggestion for a future podcast, I'd like to hear a BLOOPERS segment! :D

View attachment 323960

Columbia House!? :OMG: Haven't heard that name in a long ass time. I remember ordering the vhs movies you wanted where you had to cut out the stamps and mail the form back to them! Old school baby! :thumbs: With them is how I started my DVD collection. Thanks for the blast from past ;)

rteZP.gif

Thanks for including the Slipcover/Slipbox thread into the podcast! Glad you're shaking things around! ;)

The film discovery segment was amazing. Thanks for the recommendations and for your thoughts. Ken, surprised to hear 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape' is your favorite film of all time! It truly is an incredible film! Stake Land? Heard of it, haven't seen it. One of my most cherished independent films of all time is 'Instructions Not Included'! :drool: Such an amazing Mexican film, I highly recommend it! And I do the same, I enjoy watching films over and with friends and family to see their reactions, like The Raid and John Wick. I feel like it's my job to introduce them to these kick ass films! :cool:

source.gif

Vinyls. Currently not buying or looking forward to one, but I am excited for the Stranger Things Cassette! :woot: I also used to own a record player until it defecated on me! :emb: But I still buy those bastards, love 'em! Nacho Libre is my favorite! Still want to get The Book of Life and From Dusk till dawn! :angel:

And finally, DISMEMBER THE MEMBER! :woot: :woot: :woot: Hearing you Señor Wreck rocking out was fu**ing AWESOME! Best segment of it all! Absolutely loved it! (Hope this is not the last one!) I guess thanks for starting the fire with me! :oohyeah::woot::rofl::rofl::rofl:
ZicvTfA.gif

I'm honored! LMFAO!

"Who the hell has an 8ft statue"...me :sorry: :emb: "Where does the wife sleep?" Man that sh*t had me rolling! Hell, even Alyssa got a kick out of it! :p And get this right Kenzilla, I'm not short, I'M FUN SIZE! :cool: ;) Lotta AWESOMENESS in this spicy grenade! :D

@Sigill, seagull. Damn you guys really know how to butcher sh*t up! LOL! Epic Inglorious Basterds bat you have there Amigo!
@C.C. 95, Wrecks chuckle said it all! :hilarious: I agree, he is the GIF KING! :notworthy:
@TheCollector86 "He must like animated fat boys?" "Whatever floats your boat" :rofl:

Once again I loved Episode #3! Thanks for the entertainment. Bring on the next one!
popcorn2.gif

Ha, I was also writing notes on my phone but didn't start until 30 mins in

The "possible" chat was well making me laugh. Avengers 7 with possible slip cover lol

You reminded me I still need to get the from dusk till dawn vinyl but it's so expensive to ship to the UK. But I neeeeeeed it

I completely forgot to mention the bit with wreck rocking out lol. Too funny

Seagull made me chuckle too. It's funny to hear how others pronounce forum names. I read it as Cig-gal (like ciggy - cigarette but with an S and gal like gal gadot).
they got mine bang on.

@Wreck and @tridon

View attachment 323960

rteZP.gif

source.gif

ZicvTfA.gif

I'm honored! LMFAO!

popcorn2.gif
Thanks Franky! Yeah I never thought of myself as a seagull until it got mentioned!:LOL:

Ha, I was also writing notes on my phone but didn't start until 30 mins in

The "possible" chat was well making me laugh. Avengers 7 with possible slip cover lol

You reminded me I still need to get the from dusk till dawn vinyl but it's so expensive to ship to the UK. But I neeeeeeed it

I completely forgot to mention the bit with wreck rocking out lol. Too funny

Seagull made me chuckle too. It's funny to hear how others pronounce forum names. I read it as Cig-gal (like ciggy - cigarette but with an S and gal like gal gadot).
they got mine bang on.
Wreck actually said mine spot on at one point. It's Si then gill. It's just my name shortened. It is funny how different people do read names though!

Thanks Franky! Yeah I never thought of myself as a seagull until it got mentioned!:LOL:

Wreck actually said mine spot on at one point. It's Si then gill. It's just my name shortened. It is funny how different people do read names though!

Oh now i feel like a right derp! I even know your first name lol

I did hear him say it like that too

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Love Instructions Not Included @bloodsnake007 I believe that is the one about the Mexican boys from Phoenix competing in a robot competition ? Talk about bringing the waterworks.

I think I about died when Ken was like "oh how nice you name him after a **** hawk" about sigill ..... at that moment I knew how stupid Ive been sounding in my head. lol

yeah the rocking out thing was just being silly stupid ... so if people get a laugh, mission accomplished. If people think im serious .... oh man. Crazy enough i mixed that all in acapella and finding a beat afterwards and chopping up the original lyrics i had for it. It took far too much time .... need a break for a while ha

Oh now i feel like a right derp! I even know your first name lol

I did hear him say it like that too

Haha no worries mate!:)

Love Instructions Not Included @bloodsnake007 I believe that is the one about the Mexican boys from Phoenix competing in a robot competition ? Talk about bringing the waterworks.

I think I about died when Ken was like "oh how nice you name him after a **** hawk" about sigill ..... at that moment I knew how stupid Ive been sounding in my head. lol

yeah the rocking out thing was just being silly stupid ... so if people get a laugh, mission accomplished. If people think im serious .... oh man. Crazy enough i mixed that all in acapella and finding a beat afterwards and chopping up the original lyrics i had for it. It took far too much time .... need a break for a while ha
That did make me laugh when Tridon said I'm named after a crapping bird! Lol. Don't worry Wreck, I've been called worse things!:rofl:

@Wreck I also love that movie, the one you're thinking of is Spare Parts with George Lopez :thumbs:

It's another one of my favorites! :drool: I agree, this definitely brought the waterworks! :cry: I actually saw it 2 years ago at GateWay Community College (where I work at). One of the professors for the machine shop program had a special screening for it :cool:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00URU8WL2/?tag=hidefnin-20

Mission Accomplished INDEED! :woot: Sillier the better! :hilarious: Next 'Dismember the Member Segment', you but bust a rap flow! :headphone: "Straight Outta Hidef! Crazy fu**ing Gringo named Sir Wreck 'em! When he's tagged on, he's got his steels ready to blast off!" LOL! JK! I suck at this sh*t! :sorry: :emb: :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and tridon

I think you did a great job Sir Wreckem. Dismember the Member was very very cool. :cool: They are definitely very entertaining.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and tridon