Hellboy: The Collection (Blu-ray Box Set) (MLIFE Exclusive #016-017) [China]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: August 20, 2017
Purchase links: Taobao - eBay HK - eBay
Price: 528 CNY (Taobao - OOS) - HK $650 (eBay)
Notes: Limited to only 150 copies; Includes Hellboy, Hellboy II: The Golden Army, and the animated films on DVD

Hellboy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it got rejected by Chinese customs like my parcel was. China has been super weird the last couple of months with stuff like this. For example, Taobao (Chinese Amazon crossed with eBay) have an in-house shipping forwarder for international customers and they semi-recently set a whole bunch of restrictions as to what they will ship out of the country--it's basically everything is not allowed except clothes.

It comes down to if you get a stupid customs officer. Like I've just gotten an HDZeta package today which was shipped out after this no problems. Do you have the tracking number?

Yeah, the tracking number is 8443043626. DHL is the only site that even recognizes the number--when I've tried other services like 17 Track, I get no results at all.

I purchased it from the Ebay seller.

Yeah, the tracking number is 8443043626. DHL is the only site that even recognizes the number--when I've tried other services like 17 Track, I get no results at all.

I purchased it from the Ebay seller.
Ah, dang. I forgot they send by DHL. For some reason they always send my stuff by EMS, and they don't do that for anyone else as far as I can tell. With EMS, there's a Chinese site that gives you more scans than normal, but with DHL you're stuck with what you got. I'd message the seller and see what they have to say. Their communication isn't great, but they definitely do reply.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: adarkcorner
I've contacted that Ebay seller, and here's the correspondence so far:

"adarckorner:
The shipping label for this order was created 16 days ago, but there have been no tracking updates at all since then. It still says nothing but "shipment information received." Have you mailed this package or not?

avworld2009
hi
your tracking number is EA310494198CN
the information of it is below:
2017-09-19 21:59:00 GuangDongShengGuangZhouShi 51010100 Posting
2017-09-20 03:16:57 GuangDongShengGuangZhouShi GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center
2017-09-20 03:16:57 GuangDongShengGuangZhouShi GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center
2017-09-21 15:53:00 RUSSIA RURUMOWT Arrival at Sorting Center
2017-09-22 06:32:00 RUSSIA RURUMOWT Released from Customs
2017-09-24 12:40:00 RUSSIA RU426880 Attempted delivery
2017-09-25 15:13:00 RUSSIA RU426880 Delivery

it delivered on 25th.Sep
you can check it with your local post office
thanks

adarckorner:
That tracking information is for someone in Russia. I'm not in Russia. I'm in the United States. Memphis, Tennessee. The tracking number you sent me on September 11 was 8443043626. The only tracking service that recognizes the number is DHL, and their tracking info says all you've done is notify them that you're going to give them a package. That's it. My package was never even shipped, so it certainly hasn't been delivered."

This is not looking good at all.

"adarckorner:
The shipping label for this order was created 16 days ago, but there have been no tracking updates at all since then. It still says nothing but "shipment information received." Have you mailed this package or not?

avworld2009
hi

it delivered on 25th.Sep
thanks

adarckorner:
That tracking information is for someone in Russia. I'm not in Russia. I'm in the United States. Memphis, Tennessee. The tracking number you sent me on September 11 was 8443043626. The only tracking service that recognizes the number is DHL, and their tracking info says all you've done is notify them that you're going to give them a package. That's it. My package was never even shipped, so it certainly hasn't been delivered."

@adarkcorner mate it looks like the guy at avworld2009 has sent you the wrong tracking number maybe? I used him to get my MLIFE Hellboy and it arrived to me fine here in Tasmania, Australia last week. I've never purchased from him before but he seemed legit to me. At least, I had no problems other than he was a quite slow in replying to my emails. Fingers crossed he gets this sorted for you.

"adarckorner:

avworld2009
hi

it delivered on 25th.Sep
thanks

adarckorner:

If it's any consolation, the new tracking number I was given hasn't become active yet and it's been about a week now.

@Mark Wilson Argh! Salt in my wounds! I'm in Sydney and my package got refused by Chinese customs.

I found a link where he had 6 left but asked and was told sold out and listing took down which is a bugger as i was going to order one.

If it's any consolation, the new tracking number I was given hasn't become active yet and it's been about a week now.

@Mark Wilson Argh! Salt in my wounds! I'm in Sydney and my package got refused by Chinese customs.

They got back to me last night and told me DHL had "switched" my tracking number to a new one, which sounds rather bizarre to me. The new number tracking info shows that the package started its journey four days ago and is now in the US, headed to my city. So hopefully all is well now.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mark Wilson
I found a link where he had 6 left but asked and was told sold out and listing took down which is a bugger as i was going to order one.
Listing still up for me but says cannot be delivered to UK even though when I messaged him he said he could ship to UK.

Very frustrating

Here's the latest on my package for anyone who's interested in this company's products but still on the fence about whether to trust them:

On September 29, the package's tracking updates came to a halt in Cincinatti, Ohio (I'm in Memphis, Tennessee); the last event description said (and still says) "Please contact DHL." I called DHL a couple of days later, and they told me that the package had been seized by Customs. I've had well over 1000 packages delivered to me from overseas over the last 20 years, and I've never even heard of anything like this happening in the U.S. They said that once Customs decides whether they're going to release it to me, I would be notified and/or the tracking information would start updating again. It's been a week now, and nothing's happened.

I sent the following email to MLIFE to let them know something had gone awry:

"This concerns an order I placed with you two months ago for item 263106134207.

You should be aware that something has gone wrong with the delivery of this package. If you check the DHL tracking number you gave me (8155350910), you'll see that the last entry was on September 29, and it says "Please contact DHL." I called them and asked what was going on with the package, and they told me that it's being held by "Customs," who haven't yet made a decision about whether they're going to deliver the package to me. DHL couldn't tell me any more than that.

Anyway, DHL told me that once Customs decides what they're going to do with the package, either the tracking information would be updated or I would be contacted by someone with the news. Just thought you should know that the package could be coming back to you. And if it does come back to you, just keep it and refund my money--this has already been more trouble and stress than it's worth."

This was their response:

"hi
I am upset to hear that news
we ship so many packages to USA already but never heard of that before
as you know,American Customs is out of our control,right?
if return it to us,we have to pay double shipping cost for this return
but anything we did is wrong?
we get your money and ship your goods to you
we did all what we can do for you already
and now we just hope your Customs can delivery it to you
thanks"

So if you order from this company and the package never reaches you, they apparently will not give you a refund. In other words, you'll be taking a definite risk.

I'm going to give it another week, and then I'll be submitting a request to Paypal for a refund. I've had to do this a couple of times before with sellers (one was Nova Media) who refused to refund me after a package failed to arrive, and both times Paypal came through for me--quickly.

Needless to say, I'll never be ordering from this company again. And I recommend that you do the same.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Im sorry to hear that man and here was me findingca link showing 6 in stock week or so ago but was taken down and was told its sold out.
Probably glad now i never bothered.

I've had 6 shipments from them with no problem...though the last order was delayed because of U.S. Customs. I received an email from the seller that they were working on the problem. Anyway got it about a week later than usual. Sorry to hear of their attitude about your item! I will probably still order & if I have a problem with one I'll do the PayPal refund.

• Helpful Post
Here's the latest on my package for anyone who's interested in this company's products but still on the fence about whether to trust them:

On September 29, the package's tracking updates came to a halt in Cincinatti, Ohio (I'm in Memphis, Tennessee); the last event description said (and still says) "Please contact DHL." I called DHL a couple of days later, and they told me that the package had been seized by Customs. I've had well over 1000 packages delivered to me from overseas over the last 20 years, and I've never even heard of anything like this happening in the U.S. They said that once Customs decides whether they're going to release it to me, I would be notified and/or the tracking information would start updating again. It's been a week now, and nothing's happened.

I sent the following email to MLIFE to let them know something had gone awry:

"This concerns an order I placed with you two months ago for item 263106134207.

You should be aware that something has gone wrong with the delivery of this package. If you check the DHL tracking number you gave me (8155350910), you'll see that the last entry was on September 29, and it says "Please contact DHL." I called them and asked what was going on with the package, and they told me that it's being held by "Customs," who haven't yet made a decision about whether they're going to deliver the package to me. DHL couldn't tell me any more than that.

Anyway, DHL told me that once Customs decides what they're going to do with the package, either the tracking information would be updated or I would be contacted by someone with the news. Just thought you should know that the package could be coming back to you. And if it does come back to you, just keep it and refund my money--this has already been more trouble and stress than it's worth."

This was their response:

"hi
I am upset to hear that news
we ship so many packages to USA already but never heard of that before
as you know,American Customs is out of our control,right?
if return it to us,we have to pay double shipping cost for this return
but anything we did is wrong?
we get your money and ship your goods to you
we did all what we can do for you already
and now we just hope your Customs can delivery it to you
thanks"

So if you order from this company and the package never reaches you, they apparently will not give you a refund. In other words, you'll be taking a definite risk.

I'm going to give it another week, and then I'll be submitting a request to Paypal for a refund. I've had to do this a couple of times before with sellers (one was Nova Media) who refused to refund me after a package failed to arrive, and both times Paypal came through for me--quickly.

Needless to say, I'll never be ordering from this company again. And I recommend that you do the same.
I'm in the exact same boat.
Same situation.
But I think you are directing your anger in the wrong place. MLIFE has no control over what US Customs does. (If I ship you a steelbook and your postman destroys it, why would I be culpable?)
From what I was told by DHL - customs randomly chooses what packages get flagged and checked.
I don't expect they will be quick about it - but I do expect that afterwards my package will find its way to me. I have ordered from MLIFE a few times before without incident. I don't think they are in any way responsible for this - in fact, it is completely out of thier hands.
This is a U.S. customs issue.
I'll let you know if I hear anything more about my situation (which is pretty much identical)

• Helpful Post
I've had 6 shipments from them with no problem...though the last order was delayed because of U.S. Customs. I received an email from the seller that they were working on the problem. Anyway got it about a week later than usual. Sorry to hear of their attitude about your item! I will probably still order & if I have a problem with one I'll do the PayPal refund.

I'm in the exact same boat.
Same situation.
But I think you are directing your anger in the wrong place. MLIFE has no control over what US Customs does. (If I ship you a steelbook and your postman destroys it, why would I be culpable?)
From what I was told by DHL - customs randomly chooses what packages get flagged and checked.
I don't expect they will be quick about it - but I do expect that afterwards my package will find its way to me. I have ordered from MLIFE a few times before without incident. I don't think they are in any way responsible for this - in fact, it is completely out of thier hands.
This is a U.S. customs issue.
I'll let you know if I hear anything more about my situation (which is pretty much identical)

I have to say it's a huge relief to know I'm not the only person this has happened to. Since I had never experienced this and had never seen anyone on HDN ever mention packages being delayed by U.S. Customs, I thought that there was something highly unusual going on here and that I probably wasn't going to eventually get the package. Thanks, guys.

But @C.C. 95, I think you misinterpreted my post. I wasn't angry, and I wasn't blaming MLIFE for what was happening--that is to say, I didn't and don't think that they've done something wrong or that they have any control over what happens to a package en route. However, I absolutely hold any company I order something from responsible for that package until it's in my hands or on my doorstep. Regardless of the fact that neither the seller nor the buyer have any control over what happens to a package while it's en route, I believe--100%--that the seller must provide a refund or free replacement to the customer if that package ultimately fails to reach them and there's clear tracking evidence of that fact. I've never encountered an American (or British, or Japanese, or German, or French) company that would tell a customer, "Tough luck, it ain't our problem that you didn't get your package." Ever. Any company with a policy like that wouldn't last long in the U.S. I've personally sold thousands of items through Ebay and Amazon, and it would never even occur to me to tell a customer that it was their problem that they didn't get their package or that the item was damaged in transit. Indeed, there have been multiple instances where something I shipped was lost en route or badly damaged, and I refunded the customers' money without hesitation.

My saying that I'll never order from this company again wasn't an expression of anger or proclamation of revenge. It's just a pragmatic decision--I won't take the risk of ordering from a company that I know for a fact won't do anything about a package that fails to reach me. Two years ago, Nova did this to me, and I haven't ordered from them since. I'm not trying to punish them--I still buy their releases through group buys, so they still get my money. I just won't take the risk of ordering directly from them anymore. Same for this company.

Edit: That email from DHL is kind of chilling to read :LOL:. I wonder why they didn't email me?

Last edited:
Reactions: C.C. 95
I have to say it's a huge relief to know I'm not the only person this has happened to. Since I had never experienced this and had never seen anyone on HDN ever mention packages being delayed by U.S. Customs, I thought that there was something highly unusual going on here and that I probably wasn't going to eventually get the package. Thanks, guys.

But @C.C. 95, I think you misinterpreted my post. I wasn't angry, and I wasn't blaming MLIFE for what was happening--that is to say, I didn't and don't think that they've done something wrong or that they have any control over what happens to a package en route. However, I absolutely hold any company I order something from responsible for that package until it's in my hands or on my doorstep. Regardless of the fact that neither the seller nor the buyer have any control over what happens to a package while it's en route, I believe--100%--that the seller must provide a refund or free replacement to the customer if that package ultimately fails to reach them and there's clear tracking evidence of that fact. I've never encountered an American (or British, or Japanese, or German, or French) company that would tell a customer, "Tough luck, it ain't our problem that you didn't get your package." Ever. Any company with a policy like that wouldn't last long in the U.S. I've personally sold thousands of items through Ebay and Amazon, and it would never even occur to me to tell a customer that it was their problem that they didn't get their package or that the item was damaged in transit. Indeed, there have been multiple instances where something I shipped was lost en route or badly damaged, and I refunded the customers' money without hesitation.

My saying that I'll never order from this company again wasn't an expression of anger or proclamation of revenge. It's just a pragmatic decision--I won't take the risk of ordering from a company that I know for a fact won't do anything about a package that fails to reach me. Two years ago, Nova did this to me, and I haven't ordered from them since. I'm not trying to punish them--I still buy their releases through group buys, so they still get my money. I just won't take the risk of ordering directly from them anymore. Same for this company.

Edit: That email from DHL is kind of chilling to read :LOL:. I wonder why they didn't email me?
@adarkcorner
I can't really say I agree OR disagree with the idea that a company is responsible until it reaches your doorstep. It certainly would be easier for it to be between the company and the other party interfering with it making it to your doorstep.
I have a had two instances to draw on:
I once ordered a Studio desk from Czechoslovakia - when there were issues at the U.S. Customs I called the company & DHL (as their proxy) - and they were ALL OVER IT. They handled everything.
So that worked out well.
Another time I ordered a bunch of Steelbook sleeves from Steelbook Central and they messed up the invoice. Instead of 100 sleeves it became 10,000 - and the units # made the import price astronomical on paper. DHL and customs wanted import duty. Import duty in the U.S. does not kick in until over $2K (I think) - so the incorrect numbers on invoice triggered this.
It wasn't a huge order. Not worth SC paying to have it back, and I was certainly not going to pay $500 duty for $100 worth of sleeves.
SC, myself, DHL, & customs were at an impasse.
I called Steve at SC and we agreed that the only solution was to let DHL and customs burn them, and he sent me a new order. Crazy, right?! But, it was really the only solution!
So, these kinds of things can get a little hairy.
What I am hoping is that - Customs diddles around for thirty days, looks at it, and then passes it on to me. Hopefully.
If you read between the line lines on that DHL email - they are basically saying "hey, it's out of our hands. We'll let you know when when it isn't. And don't call us- because we don't know anything."
So, we'll see.
If it makes you feel any better- I have an (expensive) order from a (New)Chinese company, making an unlicensed statue, that I bought from a Belgian company (who I have never heard of - but seem be in good standing), to ship here. Now, THAT is fraught with danger!!:LOL:
(Maybe if it came from China customs would stop it - but since it would be coming from Belgium, maybe it won't?)