I Saw The Devil (Blu-ray SteelBook) (WEA) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
WEA (World Exclusive Art), limited to 2000 copies.

Price: £17.99
Pre-order HERE
Sold out
Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus

Official artwork-final & update 4/16/2014

ISTDfinal.jpg

Inside/back art:
ISTDfinal-front.jpg

ISTDfinal-back.jpg

ISTDfinal-inside.jpg

isawdevil.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 300
Last edited by a moderator:
Thats not true. I did pay custom fees when I bought the wrestler! :(
It could have been drugs in the package, sent by a private person named "Kate Lee" ;)

So much for "nobody" mate

i apologize, i was wrong... i guess i'm just very lucky here in austria, hardly ever have to pay customs, exactly 3 times the last 12 months (2 orders amazon.ca because of ems shipping, 1 from dvdplanet.com). everything else (also asian orders) came in without any additional costs, no matter how high the value on the customs sheet.

sorry for offtopic...

Just because it's Plain Archive, it doesn't automatically make it better than any other release. The only thing revealed so far is the artwork and that is nothing special. This turned out better than most expected, so it's not a bad option for those who don't want to import or those on a tighter budget.

It definitely does. Director-approved; both cuts of the film; better, professionally designed artwork instead of a rushed Photoshop job...will probably come with multiple types of slips with unique finishes, a leather sticker, and be individually numbered. Plain Archive put tons of care into their releases and show lots of detailed photos so you know exactly what you're getting. Plus you're guaranteed better customer service and packaging.

It definitely does. Director-approved; both cuts of the film; better, professionally designed artwork instead of a rushed Photoshop job...will probably come with multiple types of slips with unique finishes, a leather sticker, and be individually numbered. Plain Archive put tons of care into their releases and show lots of detailed photos so you know exactly what you're getting. Plus you're guaranteed better customer service and packaging.

A leather sticker made from a paper cow.

It definitely doesn't. Every Steelbook should be judged on its own merit not simply on the reputation of the retailer that is releasing it. A Steelbook is not automatically better just because a certain retailer is releasing it.

Well Impressed with Zavvis latest wave. These far out-shone my expectations. It's amazing what a coat of gloss can do too!

oyiFN9o.jpg

f1gbVr9.jpg

zKStxKe.jpg

cFAgmRZ.jpg

ZmSHODl.jpg

bTvoUyo.jpg

cGNYu6i.jpg
**Photos were taken with AND without the flash to give an idea of the finish**

Great Photos
I got mine delivered this morning
Its fantastic looking

The Plain Archive release I will decide pending the price and what the Full Slip looks like and other extras

But for anyone who does want to get the Plain Archive version the Zavvi Steelbook is very good and is a lot better looking than most expected

If people are happy with this release that's all that will matter to them
Not everyone imports from Korea and can be expensive

Zavvi Steelbook £17.99 a good looking glossy steelbook with the Korean version 144 Min

The Plain Archive release will have to be a reasonable price and be amazing looking to make me even consider purchasing it and what I have seen so far has not tempted me
If its to expensive it will be a no purchase

The customers who purchased this who are happy that's what is important not what other version is coming out
Some will buy both and some will not

Last edited:
I just watched this (for the first time) It was (obviously) a blind buy.
I had ordered it, then cancelled, then changed my mind again and reordered just before it sold out with a discount code!!

Boy am I glad I did. I really enjoyed this. Beautifully and stylishly shot, it's an intense rollercoaster ride from grisly start to bloody finish. Highly recommend :thumbs:

Momentous occasion...

Just hot my copy today, way late to the party I know...thank god if arrived ok.

Credit when credit is due: FIRST...

Great job to Zavvi for their new bubble wrap packaging. Thats two steps forward for mankind. We have witnessed Evolution occur in Zavvi's packaging! Natural selection finally picked Zavvi! Hallelujah!

Next: Lets Give a round of applause to Studio Canal for an amazing release. The Steelie itself is such a bueaty, it's one of my new favorite steełs. Hell yeah!

I knew this was region locked so I picked up the Unrated standard Blu ray edition a few days ago. I couldn't wait, so I watched it right away. BAD ASS! This film just blew me away. Loved it. This villain had a Hannibal Lector-Anton Chugur thing going and I totally loved the film, story, acting, and especially the cinematography. A+ in my book. Any remake would be inferior.

I Never even heard about this film until the PA release picked up steam. So glad Im a **** for blind-buys :hilarious:

Best believe Im all in for the PA release also.

Reactions: BookofSteel
absolutely agree :thumbs:
this film is a masterpiece for me
story, acting, cinematography or the soundtrack
everything is great.

i can recommend you this korean movies.

a bitter sweet life (director of i saw the devil)
the good the bad the weird (director of i saw the devil)
the new world (my new favourite mafia movie)
the yellow sea

i know there are more good movies like only this four
but this is my top 5 list of korean movies :scat:
you will not regret it

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches