In the Heart of the Sea (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #40) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: August 15, 2016
Purchase link: Film Arena
Price: 899 CZK (34,20 €)
Note: Limited to 1001 numbered copies
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

13517466_1383683431648207_2517322858155844350_o-jpg.247656

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, after receiving it: I think this would have been nicer without the Holofoil.
I am fine with Holofoil. But I just think this image would have looked much nicer without it.

To be honest, after receiving it: I think this would have been nicer without the Holofoil.
I am fine with Holofoil. But I just think this image would have looked much nicer without it.

Maybe they could have made a whale skin slip for this, similar to the Revenant leather slip...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Reactions: C.C. 95
Maybe they could have made a whale skin slip for this, similar to the Revenant leather slip...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Made with real whale skin. I am all for it. I hate whales. Nothing sucks worse than when your fishing and they just strip the gear clean. All that work down the drain.

This is actually not a bad movie but there is hardly any replay value. Sound was only so-so despite being Atmos. The cinematography was quite brilliant though.

@ariba266,

Did you file a damage claim with your postal service? The package is quite strong and having such a damage is unacceptable.

Thank you for your answers Ninjas. I actually filed a complaint with the French Post Office, but I do not expect anything (they will put the blame on the Czech Post). I've had a similar problem (unfortunately) and it was the sender to make a claim. I will not bore Karel with that. :)

Reactions: lgans316
I thought the same @C.C. 95 I liked the movie as I saw it. I didnt order this one, but I did feel like the holofoil just didnt work well for this. I think it works well on only certain ones. Tho kudos for FA trying diff options. Subjective tho, im sure some love it.

I didnt order this one, but I did feel like the holofoil just didnt work well for this. I think it works well on only certain ones.

Having it in hand, I'd be inclined to agree with you. I think if they'd just released the fullslip with the same finish they normally do, it could have been a real winner. The steelbook itself is fantastic but I think the holofoil detracts slightly from the slip.

Having it in hand, I'd be inclined to agree with you. I think if they'd just released the fullslip with the same finish they normally do, it could have been a real winner. The steelbook itself is fantastic but I think the holofoil detracts slightly from the slip.

I collect movie posters and also stay up to beat on that scene. And in that collector scene they do holofoil sometimes too. And ESPECIALLY in the poster scene can holofoil be completely not needed. Then there are other times that it's executed intelligently and very well. Kevin Tong Mondo Antman poster gives the Antman the shrinking down affect with the poster. SO the execution was well. Holofoil on a robocop print works well as well. I get the tie in on this with it being like in the water. But I almost think holofoil would have worked better with say like Life of Pi, tho the lenti does that good to. Life of Pi would be pretty awesome with holo and also a lenti full slip.

Reactions: C.C. 95