Interstellar (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDzeta Exclusive) [China]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: May 8, 2018
Purchase link: HDN GB HERE (at 5th May, random time between 8-10 AM ET) ; pre-order at HDzeta shop 10:00 ET USA. Check your local time here.
Price: TBA

DZwnOv_VwAADpjF.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
From this point of view, I am strongly against this re-releasing, which is ruining value of the original editions and ruining the market generally.

There's that word again...value.

The same elitist entitlement view. Like, I'm special and only a select few should be allowed to own something that I own because I want it to have value. What's the point of owning something if everybody can have it?

These aren't paintings where only one exists. It's a movie on a disc placed in a flimsy steel box inside a paper cover that many years from now won't be worth anything.

As you should know by now these companies will continue to re-release these titles.
So if you really are buying these things for value, perhaps you should switch to something else.

Because this market is already "ruined" and these items will not retain "value"

What is it you think I need to prove? You have a problem with "scalpers", actually not just actual scalpers, you seem to have a problem with others collecting for different reasons than your own.

I don’t have a slightest problem with anyone. I simply asked you to quote where exactly I said I’ve had any sorts of problems, and, expectedly, you failed to do so. Was it that hard?

I do have an opinion, though, and I often type different examples and arguments to back them up. Online forums are pretty much designed with that in mind: for people to share information, experiences, and opinions. No need to get salty whenever you disagree with someone.

I don't need to quote anything in particular, it's evident from your posts in the thread that you have a problem with resellers.

No, it’s not evident. It’s not even remotely accurate. If you paid any attention, you’d read that in dire situations, with no other options, I DO make business with them. Funny how you missed on that, yet had no issue with twisting my words for three pages now.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k

The same elitist entitlement view. Like, I'm special and only a select few should be allowed to own something that I own because I want it to have value. What's the point of owning something if everybody can have it?

These aren't paintings where only one exists. It's a movie on a disc placed in a flimsy steel box inside a paper cover that many years from now won't be worth anything.

As you should know by now these companies will continue to re-release these titles.
So if you really are buying these things for value, perhaps you should switch to something else.

its a limited, numbered edition.. whats the point in doing that if you release the exact same edition few years later with some alteration.. and to make it worse, it is apparently superior to the first release..

value is a problem if you consider all the people who bought this for its latest going rate of about 100$ and now see it being re-released..

solution: change the artwork of the lenti to make it a whole new release. this way people who have missed out still get their hdzeta premium and the collectibility of the former release remains

@wxlinkswd

Last edited:
its a limited, numbered edition.. whats the point in doing that if you release the exact same edition few years later with some alteration..

There’s no any type of contract preveting them from printing the second run. Or third. Or fourth. New generations of collectors emerge every year, and it’s awesome if they get their chance too.

and to make it worse, it is apparently superior to the first release..

That’s not worse — it’s better. Things evolve. How many times people bought Blade Runner over the years because it was evolving from one medium to another? 8K version of HDZ Interstellar will be even better than this one. But who would wait or take chances?

value is a problem if you consider all the people who bought this for its latest going rate of about 100$ and now see it being re-released..

You are correct about that, but it’s a risk you’re taking whenever investing into anything. On the other hand, consider the people who were prepared to do the same, but DIDN’T buy them on eBay. Now they’ll save some money, and spend them on other films (Gladiator, Saving Private Ryan, etc).

This announcement today was amazing — one more thing to scratch of my eBay list. Hoping for The Terminator and Forrest Gump 4K scans in the future.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
its a limited, numbered edition.. whats the point in doing that if you release the exact same edition few years later with some alteration.. and to make it worse, it is apparently superior to the first release..

solution: change the artwork of the lenti to make it a whole new release. this way people who have missed out still get their hdzeta premium and the collectibility of the former release remains

@wxlinkswd

Isn't the slip being a double lenticular different from the original slip?
And if the original was a limited numbered edition, in a different slip, then shouldn't those have more "value"?

Like the first edition of a book? Later editions of the same book with the same cover don't have the same value.

It's the elitist bullshit attitude of 'I have to have this because they said only 500 will be made'
Like something or don't like something. But buying it because there are only 500 instead of 10,000 is disgusting.

Why not appreciate the fact that you were happy when you bought the first release of this from HDzeta?
It's not like it was the first Interstellar steelbook to be released. So your happiness shouldn't change.

Like I said earlier, now you know there will be re-releases. So maybe take that into consideration the next time you decide that you want to buy what is supposed to be a "limited edition".

Which of course is every release from these types of retailers.

WTF is this comment about...anything people consider "collectible" can have great value, even a disc placed in a flimsy steel box inside a paper cover as you call it. Are you some kind of prophet or what, saying many years from now they won't be worth anything. Look at e.g. some old comic books or hockey cards....piece of paper worth sometimes tens of thousands bucks.
Btw. I don't know why you call this point of view elitist, I just simply don't want to be cheated as a customer and collector. I can call your point of view communist...

And yes, I rapidly slowed down in buying so called "limited editions", because of what's going on recently. Zavvi has already ruined the steelbook market, Filmarena has flooded "limited editions" market, other retailers re-releasing old editions.

• Thanks
Reactions: hatredhorror
It's the elitist bullshit attitude of 'I have to have this because they said only 500 will be made'
Like something or don't like something. But buying it because there are only 500 instead of 10,000 is disgusting.

Saying this, you're evidently not a true collector as I understand the term....because the only bullshit here is what you write...exclusivity has always moved the world, regarding anything. I guess noone here is a billionaire to buy one of 30 pieces of La Ferrari. So at least we want something exclusive, but financially reachable. The feeling is just good. If you don't have it, then ok, go buy something that anyone can have at any time. But don't call our attitude "bullshit elitist" or disgusting, just because we want something special.

• Thanks
Reactions: hatredhorror
"I just simply don't want to be cheated as a customer and collector."

Is it fake? A cheap knockoff? Then I don't think there is any reason that you should feel cheated.

"And yes, I rapidly slowed down in buying so called "limited editions", because of what's going on recently. Zavvi has already ruined the steelbook market, Filmarena has flooded "limited editions" market, other retailers re-releasing old editions." :thumbs:

Saying this, you're evidently not a true collector as I understand the term....because the only bullshit here is what you write...exclusivity has always moved the world, regarding anything. I guess noone here is a billionaire to buy one of 30 pieces of La Ferrari. So at least we want something exclusive, but financially reachable. The feeling is just good. If you don't have it, then ok, go buy something that anyone can have at any time. But don't call our attitude "bullshit elitist" or disgusting, just because we want something special.

I'm not a collector at all. If I want something bad enough then I buy it. If I can't afford it, then there must be something more important that the money will be used for and therefore I guess I didn't want it bad enough.

I'm not even interested in owning this release. I already have an Interstellar steelbook and that one is good enough for me. I only replied to this thread because of the "value" comment.

I know I've already said too much on this topic and that's not what this thread is about.
So for that reason I won't say any more about this.

I rapidly slowed down in buying so called "limited editions", because of what's going on recently. Zavvi has already ruined the steelbook market, Filmarena has flooded "limited editions" market, other retailers re-releasing old editions.

Let me get this straight: printing more copies ruins the market? One would think it actually expands it.

I do believe this practice damages the AFTERmarket, which is a good thing (unless you make living of it).

exclusivity has always moved the world, regarding anything.

No, it didn’t.

It was (and is), however, nurturing the snobbery.

don't call our attitude "bullshit elitist" or disgusting, just because we want something special.

So if you have something from a 300-print run, does it feel 3x more special than if it was a 900-print run?

Also, would the ultimate achievement be owning the only existing copy in the world, in order to brag in front of the rest of the collectors’ population?

Just asking.

Been out most of the day, looks like a hot topic, will have a quick read and offer my two cents (as always :p)