Release date: March 31st, 2015
Purchase link: Interstellar
Group buy: apsmith21
Price: $19.99 (release date price)
Notes:

01.jpg

02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I scanned about 30 of the Interstellar steels. Found the best copy of the bunch, OCD Perfect for my sealed collection

I noted that this print run was: US Gloss at its finest. Really Clean batch of steels. Equal quality/caliber finish as the 22 Jumpstreet steel.

HOWEVER, I noted 2 subtle factory imperfections that plagued most this print run:
1) slightly misaligned spine!!!
2) Fine Knicks on the edge of the spine plate. Can only see them in proper light/angle.

My sealed copy is PERFECT tho, best of the batch.
And my opened copy, and my brothers copy are almost perfect.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I really want this, cool it comes with a cell too. Been having a peek on eBay but most are quite expensive and hoping to find one for a decent price. I'll have to play the waiting game with this one and keep bidding until I get the U.S. or Canadian version for roughly £20.

Im liking this edition over the Neo-pack. Only thing that makes it inferior to FS WEA release is that the photoshop on McConaughey is terrible. His eye look misaligned lol. But overall great release for USA. I love that all the Film Cells are different. Might try to collect a few of them. If anyone doesn't want theirs, ill gladly take them off your hands:D

2899cso.jpg

No photos of the inside?

I had picked the Futureshop release as the one to get. But now I think I might be leaning towards this, now that it's glossed. Really brings out the colours.

Reactions: Geek Tragedy
Yeah!! Managed to get one! @tealfan I'm also in SoCal and ended up going to the Target in Culver City off La Cienega. They had TWO left :dead: Luckily, they were both in good shape. I'm sure there was no shortage in other stores at the time I went, but that was the closest to work. The gloss on this is nice. Pleasantly surprised with the finish.

My local Target had 9 of these on the shelf at opening. All of them were badly damaged. Almost all in the same spot. Below the bottom of the spine, where the front meets the back, badly dented where the box was apparently dropped In shipping.

man, i am so completely put off right now.

called target at 8am and spoke to the dude in electronics asking him to hold one for me till i got in. made sure he knew i wanted the steelbook! he said "i have the steelbook in my hand, and will put it on hold for you in electronics"!! i was pretty pumped my steel was secure....until...

i get there today to pick it up. i check their assortment first and see it's completely sold out. so happy i have one on hold i thought to myself. that is until i got to electronics where there was NO FREAKIN STEELBOOK ON HOLD!!!! seriously, man, the dude even asked for my name??????? best i got out of them was 'well you can buy the amray". unbelieveable. so here i am without one, and will be stuck having to dish out twice as much for one on ebay, which i can't justify with my current situation.

utterly unhappy and just plain pissed off.

^
That SUCKS! Same thing happened to me with the Best Buy Guardians Of the Galaxy steelbook. I feel yer pain bro. If I had the extra cash to spare this week I would gladly pick one up for you but I was already using gas and grocery money on my copy.

man, i am so completely put off right now.

called target at 8am and spoke to the dude in electronics asking him to hold one for me till i got in. made sure he knew i wanted the steelbook! he said "i have the steelbook in my hand, and will put it on hold for you in electronics"!! i was pretty pumped my steel was secure....until...

i get there today to pick it up. i check their assortment first and see it's completely sold out. so happy i have one on hold i thought to myself. that is until i got to electronics where there was NO FREAKIN STEELBOOK ON HOLD!!!! seriously, man, the dude even asked for my name??????? best i got out of them was 'well you can buy the amray". unbelieveable. so here i am without one, and will be stuck having to dish out twice as much for one on ebay, which i can't justify with my current situation.

utterly unhappy and just plain pissed off.

PM sent

@RobertJoseph17 - I highly recommend using that Find In a Store feature on the product page (see OP) and call ahead to check/hold before going out there. It might save you time and the agony of not finding any left :(