snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 31st, 2015
Purchase link: Interstellar Collector Box
Price: EUR 39.99
Notes: Includes 48 page booklet and soundtrack CD.

1520-1 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am at a loss as to what exactly you want the box to be made of at this price point?

I am not being paid to figure that out so I am not going to answer that. I will just say that at $55 (inclusive of shipping) I expected more. The soundtrack and Steelbook can be purchased individually for less. So all that one would be getting in addition for their $$$ is a tiny excerpt of a full book that is already out there for sale, and a cardboard box.

Last edited:
Well, at $55 (inclusive of shipping) I expected more. The soundtrack and Steelbook can be purchased individually for less. So all one would be getting in addition is a tiny excerpt of a full book that is already out there for sale, and a cardboard box.
But what about the 48 page booklet?

Cardboard is cardboard though, right? Whether flimsy or rigid? It is still susceptible to damage, nicks n tears etc. I would be really interested in getting this if the box was made of sturdier material, and as I already have everything that the box contains (minus the steelbook obviously) it's hard for me to get too excited.
Cardboard can still be good quality if it's thick enough. I've had boxsets that have lasted years and don't have any marks if you look after them. There's not a lot else they can use for packaging without it costing a lot more.

But what about the 48 page booklet?

Yeah, I already mentioned that in my comment. Again, it is only a 48 page excerpt of a much larger (160 page) book (which is hardbook too; this isn't). I would rather have the full thing (which I do) as this booklet is likely to just be pictures and no/hardly any text. Most fans I know already have the book or will be purchasing it.

But nevermind, it is out of stock now anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah, I already mentioned that in my comment. Again, it is only a 48 page excerpt of a much larger (160 page) book. I would rather have the full thing (which I do) as this booklet is likely to just be pictures and no/hardly any text. Most fans I know already have the book or will be purchasing it.

The Book? Naw, still available for 26,95 EUR @ Amazon.de : http://www.amazon.de/dp/0762456833/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

No, I meant the FNAC exclusive which we were discussing.

You discussed a lot, sorry couldn't sort it out.

And for me when I purchase the single edition its:
Steelbook 29,99 EUR + OST 13,99 EUR = 43,98 EUR

And for the Box I payed 47 EUR shipped. So its 4 EUR more for the Booklet and the fine Box :thumbs:

What stopped me pre-ordering is the probable printed banner on the steel....

I hope so much they don't produce an extra Steelbook for this Edition with the banner :ohno:. The regular EU release is without so I hope they took it from that stock o_O

You discussed a lot, sorry couldn't sort it out.

And for me when I purchase the single edition its:
Steelbook 29,99 EUR + OST 13,99 EUR = 43,98 EUR

And for the Box I payed 47 EUR shipped. So its 4 EUR more for the Booklet and the fine Box :thumbs:

Fair enough.

For me it's Steelbook $24.99 + OST $10.00 = $34.99.

An extra $20 for shipping, the book, and the substandard box (n)

Yeah, I already mentioned that in my comment. Again, it is only a 48 page excerpt of a much larger (160 page) book (which is hardbook too; this isn't). I would rather have the full thing (which I do) as this booklet is likely to just be pictures and no/hardly any text. Most fans I know already have the book or will be purchasing it.

Isn't this booklet also in French? Digibooks etc usually are

I should have a friend picking this up for me but wasnt sure so I rather placed the order. Even tho I am paying 27€ for shipping I'm glad I preordered it now that I see its oos.

Reactions: digitalbabe
passing on this in favour of the US neo pack and the Czech Film Arena numbered steelbook.
If the box is of the same standard as the Fury collector's edition from FNAC it should be a good quality release, which i received in the UK via DHL signed for the next day!! FASTEST SERVICE EVER!!!