Iron Man (ZBOX) (Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 31st, 2015 (Zbox) and November 23rd 2015 (Steelbook)
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £39.99

zboxim.jpg

iron-man-2-580x337.jpg iron-man-2-2-580x337.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be wrong but I think they HAVE fixed the Lenti alignment problem.

It looks lined up on the Iron Man one.

Coz the 'circuits' on the magnet don't match up with what's on the edge if the steelbook.

Also the tip of the star on Cap's shield is on the edge of the steelbook but not on the Lenti.
If it was the same as the old way we would be seeing duplicate tips.

Not great pics to judge by, but I think they've fixed it.......

It looks lined up on the Iron Man one.....

Yeah your wrong lol

Look at the right (all the chip bits are out of place and the title iron man is out of sync completely

They don't match up at all. They should be identical in comparison????

Oh I get what you mean and I just realised the lenti on iron man is actually put on wonky but if you still see how it would be when straight it still don't line up

It looks lined up on the Iron Man one.

Coz the 'circuits' on the magnet don't match up with what's on the edge if the steelbook.

Also the tip of the star on Cap's shield is on the edge of the steelbook but not on the Lenti.
If it was the same as the old way we would be seeing duplicate tips.

Not great pics to judge by, but I think they've fixed it.......

Ehrm, youre contradictiong yourself. Youre practically saying its misaligned.
Its not fixed, clearly. Its completely off, exactly like Avengers Assemble.

The lenti should match the steelbookart with every line and in size, it does not.
This is the reason why a smaller sized lenti is a bad idea. It should cover the whole steelbook to look good.

Still, hard to see on a picture. It might line up better with a different image of the lenti.
Guess we will find out next week, but i highly doubt its fixed.

Last edited:
Ehrm, youre contradictiong yourself. Youre practically saying its misaligned.
Its not fixed, clearly. Its completely off, exactly like Avengers Assemble.

The lenti should match the steelbookart with every line and in size, it does not.

Still, hard to see on a picture. It might line up better with a different image of the lenti.
Guess we will find out next week, but i highly doubt its fixed.
How am I contradicting?

I'm saying that it should be like 'double vision' (like the first avengers-Thor had 2 heads etc....!!) if they were misaligned but there is no duplication on the edge of the magnets this time.

The edge of the magnets look like they DON'T match the edges of the Steelbook. Which is the way it should be.

How am I contradicting?

I'm saying that it should be like 'double vision' (like the first avengers-Thor had 2 heads etc....!!) if they were misaligned but there is no duplication on the edge of the magnets this time.

The edge of the magnets look like they DON'T match the edges of the Steelbook. Which is the way it should be.

What?
Look at the picture I posted and youll get what I/we mean. The art on the lenti should match the artlines on the steelbook, it doesnt.
The art is either smaller or bigger on the lenti and it looks like crap.

What?
Look at the picture I posted and youll get what I/we mean. The art on the lenti should match the artlines on the steelbook, it doesnt.
The art is either smaller or bigger on the lenti and it looks like crap.
The magnet could just be placed crooked under the shrink-wrap?

Anyway, it's all speculation and we won't know for sure until we see better......

They don't look as bad off hand as their first Avengers lenti magnet though. You could spot that a mile off.

View attachment 202247
Courtesy of zbox curator on twitter.
If possible, could you please take a direct face on pic of the two to see if the angle makes any difference ?

Obviously the best design would be like "Life of Pi' where there is no artwork on the border and consequently no lining-up problems.
A less satisfactory alternative would a flat front steelbook (no framing border) with a full-length lenti.
Both would do away with this 'lining up artwork' issue.

Reactions: dLux
If possible, could you please take a direct face on pic of the two to see if the angle makes any difference ?

Obviously the best design would be like "Life of Pi' where there is no artwork on the border and consequently no lining-up problems.
A less satisfactory alternative would a flat front steelbook (no framing border) with a full-length lenti.
Both would do away with this 'lining up artwork' issue.
He's only sharing a pic that was posted on Twitter from Zavvi.

He didn't take it himself personally......

Oh, I see, and thank you. I thought he was joking and I took the pic to be of a domestic set-up . . .

About the lining up of artwork of a 3D type 'double image' with the artwork on a 2D surface - is that even possible?

Last edited:
I don't know about this but with my avengers one the lenticular was just put on really badly under the shrinkwrap I just moved it and it was fine may be the same here

Oh, I see, and thank you. I thought he was joking and I took the pic to be of a domestic set-up . . .

About the lining up of artwork of a 3D type 'double image' with the artwork on a 2D surface - is that even possible?

Just make the outer lines static and just have double images further in on the lenti, like moving heads, arms or whatever that doesnt line up with the edges of the steelbook.

I don't know about this but with my avengers one the lenticular was just put on really badly under the shrinkwrap I just moved it and it was fine may be the same here

The Avengers lenti is still misaligned with the art. Thor having 2 shoulders is just one very noticable thing.
The magnet iself could be perfectly aligned on the steelbook but it still doesnt align with the art.

Glad I didn't buy into these releases. The lenticular magnet is definitely mis-sized from the pictures. Captain's helmet and shield on the lenti should line up seamlessly to the steelbook itself. It's as though the image on the lenti was zoomed in more than the picture beneath it (or something like that). When removing the lenti, the image should be identical underneath it and this is definitely not a case of the magnet being misaligned on top of the steelbook. I think it would've been better if they the lenti was never part of the set.

Saved myself a bunch of cash!

Reactions: dLux
It is pretty hilarious how desperate some members are to bash Zavvi. It does look like the lenticular magnet has alignment issues but everything else is virtually unknown, so making comments about the finish etc. is ridiculous.