Iron Man (ZBOX) (Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 31st, 2015 (Zbox) and November 23rd 2015 (Steelbook)
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £39.99

zboxim.jpg

iron-man-2-580x337.jpg iron-man-2-2-580x337.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't take it personnel bud I just think people had high expectations of this new wave so there is a fair bit of emotion being expressed as zavvi seem to have dropped the ball yet again :(

Well they are taking it personally as am I most people haven't even got this yet and this incessant bashing is obviously going to spoil it for people before they even get it.
Most people here either got or must have seen the avengers one where it was slightly off and shouldn't be amazed that this is the same if they were worried they should not have ordered.

I think Zavvi should employ you to do all their lenticular as your custom ones are amazing why have they got it so off?
(in people's opinions) :(

to be honest people are bashing it, and I don't have it I'm just going from the pics posted, because it looks terrible :(
I can't speak for the designers (and I say that in the loosest terms possible) at zavvi, not scanavo who just produce them. with the media sources they must have at their disposal they just look unacceptable I have no idea how they got them so unaligned

Last edited:
Yes that is what it should be about, individuals buying something they want and being happy with it and it is tedious when others who maybe do own others that other people can't get or couldn't afford saying that their one is rubbish it does kinda spoil it (not meaning you personally just general complaints)

I think you need to take a chill pill
I also don't own any iron man but I'm allowed to express if I don't like something.

Reactions: PKAVFC
Artwork perfectly lined up from the lenti to the framing border on a steelbook - on any steelbook ?. . .

We all know that full length lentis can look excellent on Blu-ray slipcovers or indeed on steelbook slipcovers/slipcases but what about when the lentis are on the steelbook itself and the artwork is continued on the border around the lenti ?
I'd imagine that it's problematic to line up perfectly as it's like matching a 'moving' image to a static one.

It would make better sense to me, if a steelbook is going to have a lenti magnet, that the framing border is in one colour only with no artwork on it as that would seem to me to be the best way to avoid alignment issues.

Last edited:
Well they are taking it personally as am I most people haven't even got this yet and this incessant bashing is obviously going to spoil it for people before they even get it.
Most people here either got or must have seen the avengers one where it was slightly off and shouldn't be amazed that this is the same if they were worried they should not have ordered.

I think Zavvi should employ you to do all their lenticular as your custom ones are amazing why have they got it so off?
(in people's opinions) :(
Steelbooks
Zavvi don't do any artwork design work but they do though suggest sometimes already existing artwork they have seen to film studios
The lenti artwork design would be done by the film studio

Information regarding steelbooks from Zavvi
How Is The Artwork For A SteelBook Chosen?
When we propose a title to the studios, we often also suggest certain ideas about the artwork
Final say on artwork, though, is with the studios themselves and no design work is done by us. SteelBooks are produced in Denmark as through a partnership between Scanavo and Glud & Marstrand A/S.

The Artwork Process
In the ‘Pre-artwork stage’, creative teams from the studios will send over their preliminary artwork to the Scanavo graphics teams for feedback. Scanavo will then send recommendations back concerning colour choices, ideas for embossing, and more. Scanavo will also provide certain templates for the artwork to make sure that it matches the form of the SteelBook in the best way possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flash
Pretty simple solution to avoid a crappy aligned lenticular is to either have it fullsize or not have any art on the steelbook border.

Last edited:
Artwork perfectly lined up from the lenti to the framing border on a steelbook - on any steelbook ?. . .

We all know that full length lentis can look excellent on Blu-ray slipcovers or indeed on steelbook slipcovers/slipcases but what about when they are on the steelbook itself and the steelbook has a continuation of the artwork on the border around the lenti ?

image.jpeg

There you go

Yes that is what it should be about, individuals buying something they want and being happy with it and it is tedious when others who maybe do own others that other people can't get or couldn't afford saying that their one is rubbish it does kinda spoil it (not meaning you personally just general complaints)

I do get your point,
Pretty simple solution to not have a crappy aligned lenticular is to either have it fullsize or not have any art on the steelbook border.

It can work with a lenti magnet-

Lone Survivor Lenticular (Nova)

Appears misaligned
image.jpg

But then the lenticular effect takes over:
image.jpg

A decent magnet can be produced, but Zavvi decided not to do so.

Lol I think people who didn't even buy it should do that

Yeah but you want these threads a completely positive vibe that's by your rules.

I don't care when people are praising or moaning, I just like to see people's views and who likes stuff and who don't.

I've seen it a lot with you (I don't mean to sound rude) but not everyone likes the same thing.

Always asking for people who don't like stuff to not comment or go away and it's strange.

They had until May when avengers assemble was released to not have them a dark and matte (now I know we don't know for sure if that's the case but it defo looks it to me) and to sort out the lenti problem. That's 5 or 6 months and when they are asking for £24.99 it's a bit of a piss take they can't do a proper lenti (again it could very well be gloss) but the lenti is a huge selling point.
I really don't care how the lenti looks now in clarity because to me they f*ucked it up with the misalignment

That one is lovely where was that from?

France I think and it really is a perfect lenti magnet.

Aswell as
image.jpeg

But it's not a great example as most the image is in the lenti and can see a bit when it joins on to the steel. But again a perfect lenti magnet

Yeah but you want these threads a completely positive vibe that's by your rules.

I don't care when people are praising or moaning, I just like to see people's views and who likes stuff and who don't.

I've seen it a lot with you (I don't mean to sound rude) but not everyone likes the same thing.

Always asking for people who don't like stuff to not comment or go away and it's strange.

They had until May when avengers assemble was released to not have them a dark and matte (now I know we don't know for sure if that's the case but it defo looks it to me) and to sort out the lenti problem. That's 5 or 6 months and when they are asking for £24.99 it's a bit of a piss take they can't do a proper lenti (again it could very well be gloss) but the lenti is a huge selling point.
I really don't care how the lenti looks now in clarity because to me they f*ucked it up with the misalignment

I'm sorry but I often feel the same about you constantly stamping your opinion on people and really don't like it that I may disagree with you and I won't just go away either. I don't want people to be only positive don't be silly. I just think pages of moaning about an item people don't even have yet is comical as do a number of people in here and even more silly that people who haven't bought it feel the need to ramble on about it.

I am so bored having these similar conversations with you, we shall just agree to disagree and get on with our lives eh, I don't have a problem with you I think you are a very intelligent guy with similar tastes to me but we sadly we just disagree a lot.
I do get your point,

It can work with a lenti magnet-

Lone Survivor Lenticular (Nova)

Appears misaligned
View attachment 202315

But then the lenticular effect takes over:
View attachment 202316

A decent magnet can be produced, but Zavvi decided not to do so.

That one is really cool where was it from?

Last edited:
Reactions: Flloydo
I'm sorry but I often feel the same about you constantly stamping your opinion on people and really don't like it that I may disagree with you and I won't just go away either. I don't want people to be only positive don't be silly. I just think pages of moaning about an item people don't even have yet is comical as do a number of people in here and even more silly that people who haven't bought it feel the need to ramble on about it.

I am so bored having these similar conversations with you, we shall just agree to disagree and get on with our lives eh, I don't have a problem with you I think you are a very intelligent guy with similar tastes but we just disagree a lot.

It is from Nova Media and is still on sale at about £28.

As for your comments, seriously don't take the bad comments personally, this is a below standard release and Zavvi seem to pee people off all of the time.

I collected so many of their releases and soon got bored of their lack of effort.

I now collect Nova, Kimchi etc, so buy now and then - expensive, but the quality is there.

One day you may take that path, but this is not an attack on your for liking it, it's a rant for a below par product. Collectors deserve more than what Zavvi serve up.

Reactions: Flloydo and Flash

I am so bored having these similar conversations with you, we shall just agree to disagree and get on with our lives eh, I don't have a problem with you I think you are a very intelligent guy with similar tastes but we just disagree a lot.

Everyone stamps their opinion not just me otherwise we would all be slugs that have managed to find a working computer with Internet access

It really don't matter if you own it, don't own it, have pre ordered or what not its just an opinion (I agree with zavvi they get more negativity even before it's released but their reputation has made that happen - and you know all about that)

When you watch a trailer for a film months before its out you think to yourself "that looks good" or "that looks crap" which is the same here when a steel is announced or pics surface. We shouldn't judge books by covers (some of the best films Ive seen I thought looked sh*t or I wouldn't like so this could still be a beauty underneath the lenti) but we all do when it comes to steels

Plus zavvi never really learn so I'm expecting the worst now with these and if they turn out nice then it's a nice surprise and a bonus

Thanks for the intelligence remark too very kind but you'd be surprised lol

Reactions: PKAVFC and Flash