Iron Man (ZBOX) (Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 31st, 2015 (Zbox) and November 23rd 2015 (Steelbook)
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £39.99

zboxim.jpg

iron-man-2-580x337.jpg iron-man-2-2-580x337.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually it's not...if Zavvi didn't charge PREMIUM prices for basically poorly put together steelbooks then you wouldn't get all this Zavvi bashing!!! DUH!!!!

In my view Zavvi get ALL they deserve!!!!!!

Reactions: dLux
It is pretty hilarious how desperate some members are to bash Zavvi. It does look like the lenticular magnet has alignment issues but everything else is virtually unknown, so making comments about the finish etc. is ridiculous.

I have had many problems with Zavvi so I am far from a fan of theirs but I agree, it's funny the amount of people so offended by certain releases who haven't even bought them. If people don't like them that's fine it's a good job they didn't buy them then but for people who have and like the releases its quite tedious to hear all the repetitive bashing. I like the look of the releases only wish I hadn't got the HMV CA or would have got it also.

I have had many problems with Zavvi so I am far from a fan of theirs but I agree, it's funny the amount of people so offended by certain releases who haven't even bought them. If people don't like them that's fine it's a good job they didn't buy them then but for people who have and like the releases its quite tedious to hear all the repetitive bashing. I like the look of the releases only wish I hadn't got the HMV CA or would have got it also.

This wasn't put on general sale and most people who won't buy into their tactics of getting you to spend more money with a crapbox was not given the chance to order on its own so it's a bit different for this release.
I'm not happy with the pic and regardless of finish you can see the steel looks dark and the lenti which is supposed to be a selling point looks shocking.
Yeah looks clearer than avengers assemble but still don't line up with the image and looks stupid

Ah well I guess if people are unhappy they should simply return it or just not buy from Zavvi if they are unhappy with their products. I am looking forward to this one have wanted an iron man steelbook for a long time still kick myself for missing the £10.99 play ones

From my own point of view, I base my opinion on the quality of the product.

The frustrating thing is any "Avengers" wave of releases are bound to be popular and with that, was the hope they will do it justice.

Unfortunately more often than not, Zavvi drop the ball when they have the opportunity to do something special with their exclusives.

With the prices asked for these releases, particularly those attached to the Zbox, for them to use below par Lenticulars and misaligned magnets is just unacceptable.

We have all seen the "fan made" attempts and they are so much better than what Zavvi, the home of steelbooks, have come up with.

All in all I feel frustrated as a collector with what could have been with these titles.

Had the magnets not been attached they would probably be more well received, as even the blufans steels have a matte finish.

They could have sold these for £16.99 and it will have been accepted that little bit more, but they didnt

From my own point of view, I base my opinion on the quality of the product.

The frustrating thing is any "Avengers" wave of releases are bound to be popular and with that, was the hope they will do it justice.

Unfortunately more often than not, Zavvi drop the ball when they have the opportunity to do something special with their exclusives.

With the prices asked for these releases, particularly those attached to the Zbox, for them to use below par Lenticulars and misaligned magnets is just unacceptable.

We have all seen the "fan made" attempts and they are so much better than what Zavvi, the home of steelbooks, have come up with.

All in all I feel frustrated as a collector with what could have been with these titles.

Had the magnets not been attached they would probably be more well received, as even the blufans steela had a matte finish.

As I said people do not have to buy them particularly with iron man there has been many versions already released and I am just happy to be able to afford one :(

As I said people do not have to buy them particularly with iron man there has been many versions already released and I am just happy to be able to afford one :(

I think for the extra £25-30 the Blu fans or kimchi is the best bet. Nice steel, decent goodies and a nice lenticular.

I appreciate costs dictate, which is what frustrates me with Zavvi, they are over charging customers on what should be a £16.99 steel.

You owning it does not make you a lesser collector, not at all, it's just a shame they didn't give you something special after all the time they have had to get it right after the same Avengers Magnet flaw.

Reactions: Flloydo and Flash
ok hmmm now as I well know alignment with lenti's it will always be an issue as the lenti obviously 'moves' but those do not look slightly out! Having just the small lenti will never work without some serious thought going into it and these do not seem to have any :(

I think for the extra £25-30 the Blu fans or kimchi is the best bet. Nice steel, decent goodies and a nice lenticular.

I appreciate costs dictate, which is what frustrates me with Zavvi, they are over charging customers on what should be a £16.99 steel.

You owning it does not make you a lesser collector, not at all, it's just a shame they didn't give you something special after all the time they have had to get it right after the same Avengers Magnet flaw.

A lesser collector? Lol ok, well I am pretty happy with my Avengers one and I am sure I will be with this, the other versions are far too expensive for a lot of people (me included)

Instead of simply having people who actually bought this discussing it, we have the same tedious complaints, it's a shame it's going to go on for pages now, no one is forced to order them and shame the moaning spoils it for people who are quite happy with them. I mean the avengers one sold out twice, someone bought them and liked them, anyway this is getting very :sleep: and most people haven't even got it yet :sleep:

Last edited:
A lesser collector? Lol ok, well I am pretty happy with my Avengers one and I am sure I will be with this, the other versions are far too expensive for a lot of people (me included)

Lesser collector, as in the way your previous messages come across that you don't have other releases i.e play.com.

A slight play on my words, or maybe you took it the wrong way, either way, no problem.

However, if you do put this against the other Iron Man releases, then it's not great.

With the Cap1 steel, the only design that can compare to is the Zavvi original release, but that retailed for £14.99/£15.99.

But each to their own. I appreciate you did not own this in steel format and if you are happy with it then that's great, as that's what it should be about.

Lesser collector, as in the way your previous messages come across that you don't have other releases i.e play.com.

A slight play on my words, or maybe you took it the wrong way, either way, no problem.

However, if you do put this against the other Iron Man releases, then it's not great.

With the Cap1 steel, the only design that can compare to is the Zavvi original release, but that retailed for £14.99/£15.99.

But each to their own. I appreciate you did not own this in steel format and if you are happy with it then that's great, as that's what it should be about.

Yes that is what it should be about, individuals buying something they want and being happy with it and it is tedious when others who maybe do own others that other people can't get or couldn't afford saying that their one is rubbish it does kinda spoil it (not meaning you personally just general complaints)

Yes that is what it should be about, individuals buying something they want and being happy with it and it is tedious when others who maybe do own others that other people can't get or couldn't afford saying that their one is rubbish it does kinda spoil it (not meaning you personally just general complaints)

Don't take it personnel bud I just think people had high expectations of this new wave so there is a fair bit of emotion being expressed as zavvi seem to have dropped the ball yet again :(

Reactions: Flloydo
You obviously do not own any lenticular magnet steelbooks from Germany. It is very much possible.
Yes, quite true, and if anyone can post a pic of any steel with lenti magnet that lines up well with the framing border artwork I'd much appreciate it so I can see that it's certainly possible though it wouldn't explain why Scanavo or whoever couldn't get it right with this expensive wave.

Yes, quite true, and if anyone can post a pic of any steel with lenti magnet that lines up well with the framing border artwork I'd much appreciate it so I can see that it's certainly possible though it wouldn't explain why Scanavo or whoever couldn't get it right with this expensive wave.
If I was at home right now, I would :D