DudleyMan LZ378116035CN
Steelcouch LY206854201CN
rschiks LZ378116044CN
Shadowscythe85 LY206854215CN
Mefisto from Hell LZ378116058CN
kingkarl1967 LZ378115931CN
phate11 LZ378116061CN

Last edited by a moderator:
so there is some word on this i have heard through the grapevine.

This will possibly be a diskless release. The movie is banned from distribution in China but they have all the steels and goodies ready to go. So i think we are still going to have 2 editions to buy but there will be no disks.

Just have to see if that is the official word.

Yup been posted elsewhere -

-The bad news is that the movie It is banned in China and can't even be distributed as an imported 4K.
-The good news is that HDZ has already printed the materials and has been granted approval to sell them without the discs, but including the steelbook!
There will be 2 editions with a print run of 600 copies (300 ea) and the release is scheduled for May.

Annoyingly enough we get no update here at HDN.

@wxlinkswd given the amount of interest on these forums for this title can you provide an update?

• Thanks
Reactions: dchamp444
Interesting situation. Both slips look good so I hope the grapevine news is correct, better without discs than nothing at all.

so there is some word on this i have heard through the grapevine.

This will possibly be a diskless release. The movie is banned from distribution in China but they have all the steels and goodies ready to go. So i think we are still going to have 2 editions to buy but there will be no disks.

Just have to see if that is the official word.

The initial reaction may be one of panic, but this could actually be very good news if you think about it. So good that I actually wish ALL steelbooks came disk-less :OMG::OMG::OMG:. Controversial? Perhaps, but look at the advantages:

1. Everyone has the choice of their preferred disc format to put in the empty steelbook. One or two releases with mandatory 4K discs have basically priced me out of a release that I wanted, and the situation will only get worse as studios try and push the 4K format.

2. Steelbook upgrades would be more appealing. Ever liked a steelbook design, but you already have the amaray release? Put the amaray in the empty steelbook and avoid duplicate discs and wasted expense.

3. It's perfect for "keep it sealed" collectors. As you're no longer paying for a disc you'll never even get a glimpse of, this would be perfect for collectors - especially for those that like to collect multiple editions of the same release.

4. It's future proof. If a new disc format comes out in future, or even a new extended cut - as rumoured with IT - then again, you aren't stuck with a useless duplicate disc that you paid good money for. Just pop the new disc in the empty steelbook.

5. Region locking problems are solved. Disappointed to find your Logan disc from the Manta release didn't work on your region B player? Me too. Being able to put your own region disc in the empty steelbook would solve this issue.

I can't see it happening, but empty cases would be the best thing to happen to steelbook collecting IMHO.

The initial reaction may be one of panic, but this could actually be very good news if you think about it. So good that I actually wish ALL steelbooks came disk-less :OMG::OMG::OMG:. Controversial? Perhaps, but look at the advantages:

1. Everyone has the choice of their preferred disc format to put in the empty steelbook. One or two releases with mandatory 4K discs have basically priced me out of a release that I wanted, and the situation will only get worse as studios try and push the 4K format.

2. Steelbook upgrades would be more appealing. Ever liked a steelbook design, but you already have the amaray release? Put the amaray in the empty steelbook and avoid duplicate discs and wasted expense.

3. It's perfect for "keep it sealed" collectors. As you're no longer paying for a disc you'll never even get a glimpse of, this would be perfect for collectors - especially for those that like to collect multiple editions of the same release.

4. It's future proof. If a new disc format comes out in future, or even a new extended cut - as rumoured with IT - then again, you aren't stuck with a useless duplicate disc that you paid good money for. Just pop the new disc in the empty steelbook.

5. Region locking problems are solved. Disappointed to find your Logan disc from the Manta release didn't work on your region B player? Me too. Being able to put your own region disc in the empty steelbook would solve this issue.

I can't see it happening, but empty cases would be the best thing to happen to steelbook collecting IMHO.

I was just thinking of all of those things myself this morning after I had read this update.... :LOL::rofl::thumbs:

Nothing to stop someone from swapping discs now. Then you'd have one to sell if you want to. Not sure how this would effect the future value. Blu-ray has region coding but UHD is region free. I have a feeling the price won't change much, or possibly at all. Don't think I'm a fan of this.

• Thanks
Reactions: dchamp444
Yeah i think the majority agree that diskless is fine. I mentioned before I rarely use the disks from a premium release because i will have a digital copy or another release of the movie generally in hand way before the months of waiting for a premium release to come out.

That's easier said than done, especially if it's a region locked blu ray (plus there's the hassle of selling it on, postage costs, etc).

And I seriously doubt the price will be the same as a release that does include discs.

I've done it many times, not that big a hassle IMO. You're probably right about the price being less, hopefully not just a couple bucks less.

Well since I missed the HMV steel i was holding back to go for this release thinking it would have discs! Might just go and get the figgin 4K now then !!

Disc-less release options (for less $$$) would be pretty awesome IMO. Kimchidvd did that a long time ago when they "gave" us the extra Pianist fullslip

I don't mind a disc-less release every once in a while when necessary, however I wouldn't want it to become the norm. If I'm shelling out big bucks for a movie release, I kind of want there to be an actual movie included...

Apparently there will be an extented/Urated Cut of the film to come out...from what I read it should have been released already (n):dunno:
something about pennywise eating a Baby that was cut out of the Theatrical. An additional 15 minutes to the film.
Waiting for this version to be released to buy this movie.

They never actually said when it will be released.
Could be anytime.

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus