Jessica Jones: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 5, 2016
Purchase link: Jessica Jones: The Complete First Season (live)
Price: £29.99

11348482-3994425713722266.jpg

11348482-1604425713657967.jpg

Last edited:
I got my copy in the mail!

It's not really that impressive. It's a fine steelbook, but there isn't really anything that makes it special to me. The finish is fairly flat, the artwork doesn't seem to have the "pop" that the Daredevil Steelbook had (not even talking about the embossing xD), and the color scheme seems a bit muted in contrast to the regular BluRay release.

Still- the show is fantastic.

What was truly fantastic is the fact that Zavvi got this to me in only 10 days without any dents or scratches!!!

I started watching this show and at the moment it's nothing speical. I hope that the last 4 episodes will impress me

I started watching this show and at the moment it's nothing speical. I hope that the last 4 episodes will impress me

It's by far the most interesting project Marvel has tackled. Instead of doing the classic "heroes journey" that they seem to constantly retread, Jessica Jones started off as a story about metaphorical ****- then evolved into a story about psychological ****- before finally having the nerve to reveal to the audience that it is a story about actual ****.

It's damaging, and it's the most intellectual thing that Marvel has done. Even a film as great as The Winter Soldier still feels the broad swatches of Marvel Studios desire to water everything down to appeal to the broadest audience.

EDIT: I don't know why it auto-edited the 4 letter word for Non-consensual sexual intercourse. But... it did. xD

Aye this is true.... Still nothing today either.... Just gutted as my dad got his copy on Saturday.
I finally got my copy today, did you get yours? Not sure why it took so long, but really happy with it really nice release. I have still to watch this so that is my entertainment sorted for the weekend. :thumbs:

It's by far the most interesting project Marvel has tackled. Instead of doing the classic "heroes journey" that they seem to constantly retread, Jessica Jones started off as a story about metaphorical ****- then evolved into a story about psychological ****- before finally having the nerve to reveal to the audience that it is a story about actual ****.

It's damaging, and it's the most intellectual thing that Marvel has done. Even a film as great as The Winter Soldier still feels the broad swatches of Marvel Studios desire to water everything down to appeal to the broadest audience.

EDIT: I don't know why it auto-edited the 4 letter word for Non-consensual sexual intercourse. But... it did. xD
It isnt bad, but the story-telling / story structure is a little bit strange or chaotic.

It isnt bad, but the story-telling / story structure is a little bit strange or chaotic.

The narrative is pretty streamlined, I think that there are only two episodes that drag into being nothing but filler.
It's part of the reason I think that these Marvel Netflix series' should transition to an 8 episode arc story as opposed to a 13 episode arc.
Daredevil Series 2 was painful for me to try to sit through, and I couldn't even get through Luke Cage. xD

Its boring as hell, with mundane scipts and the lead character is not very likable. This should have sold out being Marvel but it hasn't. Critics liked it but many fans didn't "I included" Im no Marvel fan boy but getting through this show to the end was a hard slog. The Winter Soldier destroys this on every single level. Daredevil was superb, Luke Cage terrible, this was watchable at best.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
The narrative is pretty streamlined, I think that there are only two episodes that drag into being nothing but filler.
It's part of the reason I think that these Marvel Netflix series' should transition to an 8 episode arc story as opposed to a 13 episode arc.
Daredevil Series 2 was painful for me to try to sit through, and I couldn't even get through Luke Cage. xD

Haven't finished Luke Cage either, not bad but not great either.... Found Daredevil a slog too. But liked JJ, just not enough to purchase this steel.
Love Marvel Studios movies, just find their tv series output somewhat lacking.

Haven't finished Luke Cage either, not bad but not great either.... Found Daredevil a slog too. But liked JJ, just not enough to purchase this steel.
Love Marvel Studios movies, just find their tv series output somewhat lacking.

I think the opposite is true with me at this point- I love the content that Marvel TV has been putting out.

I loved Daredevil Series 1.
Jessica Jones was bold.
Daredevil Series 2 was... there.
And while I'm not a fan of Luke Cage, I can at least appreciate that it is something that's different.
The Second season of Agents of Shield was great (which makes it a shame that the other 3 seasons have been crap).
And Agent Carter was good enough.

As far as Marvel Studios Proper goes- I think that they're starting to really frustrate me. Their films are starting to feel like dull, assembly-line, and sterile with all semblance of creativity stamped out in pre-production due to the Producer driven mindset that Marvel Studios is pushing. I mean- Doctor Strange straight up angered me. xD

Its boring as hell, with mundane scipts and the lead character is not very likable. This should have sold out being Marvel but it hasn't. Critics liked it but many fans didn't "I included" Im no Marvel fan boy but getting through this show to the end was a hard slog. The Winter Soldier destroys this on every single level. Daredevil was superb, Luke Cage terrible, this was watchable at best.

Winter Soldier was fantastic- and I think it stands as the single greatest film that Marvel has crafted by a very large margin.
No, Jessica Jones herself was not a "likable" character- but throughout the history of Cinema, the quality of a character is not necessarily defined by their likability.
The prime example I could give would be the character of Charles Foster Kane from Citizen Kane. A horrible human being, by all accounts, but it's the events that shape his character that make his own actions and motivations fascinating. The same I feel can be said for Jessica Jones. She's a broken character that has been placed in this level of vulnerability because her free will has been stripped from her.

And let's not get all misty-eyed over Daredevil, here... xP
It was a perfectly well-executed show, but you can also claim that it's contrived, redundant, and has the characters all come to revelations that the audience is already aware of- making the gravity and depth of their discoveries seem insignificant. Daredevil was good, but it didn't blaze any new trails here.

And I would actually argue that Winter Soldier does not beat Jessica Jones in terms of color-palate... It's a small thing, but it's something I feel is so obvious, I don't know how almost every single one of their films seems to be so visually flat and plain... Even when looking at something as fantastical as Civil War- you have... your big, climactic fight take place in an empty, grey, dull parking lot... what happened? xD

Yes it was worth the wait, nice looking steelbook! I'm guessing it must have the Christmas pressure perhaps?!?! That said I got a copy of magnificent Seven UHD turn up in the mail yesterday!

Have any fellow ninjas here in the US received their copy? I'm concerned cause mine has yet to arrive. I also ordered the Disney Lenti wave and have just received my Monsters Inc and Toy Story copies. Thanks!

Have any fellow ninjas here in the US received their copy? I'm concerned cause mine has yet to arrive. I also ordered the Disney Lenti wave and have just received my Monsters Inc and Toy Story copies. Thanks!

I received mine after despatch, and I live in NYC.
However, I ordered a copy of The Rocketeer, which was despatched a few days before the release date- and that still has yet to arrive.
After 30 days, it's best to contact Zavvi to see what they can do for you.

Reactions: texansfan26
Well the clowns at Zavvi replied to an email where I asked them why the steelbook never arrived. They replied that since the 40 days passed I was out of luck in regards to filing any claim (as if they'd do anything). Still waiting as well for my Fright Night which I also emailed them about.
Now I see why so many people here rightfully dislike Zavvi.

Last edited:
Reactions: yeslek
Got my steel the other day in the US. Love it, though the Marvel logo on the back is a woeful aesthetic mistake but whatever no big deal. My favorite Marvel show by far.

Surprised no one else has talked about... are there no special features on this release?

Got my steel the other day in the US. Love it, though the Marvel logo on the back is a woeful aesthetic mistake but whatever no big deal. My favorite Marvel show by far.

Surprised no one else has talked about... are there no special features on this release?

I think it was asked, and I'm sure I replied.

There are no special features.

I think it was asked, and I'm sure I replied.

There are no special features.

Thanks. I looked through all 9 pages and coulda sworn I didnt see a mention of it. Guess that's what I get for speed reading.

In any case, it's the show that matters so this is no big deal. But I sure am gonna be kicking myself if the ?inevitable? US release has some exclusive features.