USA
Release date: June 27, 2008
Notes: Limited quantity of 2000

rambo.jpg

Actual pictures:
rambo1.jpg

rambo2.jpg

rambo3.jpg

So yeah, I was surprised their was no topic on this one ... it's the holy grail of all things SteelBook. (least, blu-ray steelbook that is.)

Its been sold for $500 and 300 euros just for the empty case alone. Super rare, thought to have been limited to only 2,000 copies.

And this last pic which is nicely laid out came compliments of Tiger, a hardcore collector :)
18968.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So this must be an Amazon thing, because this uncut version was re released again in Germany (the one with Stalones face). So if I did a search on Amazon.de, I'm not gonna find any of the Rambo uncut versions for sale there correct?

The one with Stalones face was planed to included the cut disk. Due to a packing mistake they placed the uncut disk in the Steelbook. MM removed the Steelbook and repacked them with the cut disk. Just the first ones sold in the first 2-3 Days included the uncut disk.
If a movie is set on the index list there a two categories it could be moved to. First doesn't allow the movie to be sold open on shelfs or by promotion. You need an age verification and have to ask for the titel if you want it. Neither Media Markt or Amazon sell uncut movies from the index nor are they allowed to be sold on ebay.de. You have to get to special movie stores or Mueller for examble to order these movies.

The second category completly forbids selling of these movies.

Rambo is part of the first category thats why theres an uncut movie. And as the Steel was amazon exclusive they had to remove it and no one else could sell it

Last edited:
So this must be an Amazon thing, because this uncut version was re released again in Germany (the one with Stalones face). So if I did a search on Amazon.de, I'm not gonna find any of the Rambo uncut versions for sale there correct?

This is hard to explain, even in German ;)
After the movie is listed by the BPjM (government agency) the movie is not allowed to be selled or shown in places a minor has access to like the Amazon-Homepage. You can still buy it in a video store with adult area or online-stores with such a section like Media-Dealer.de. On Media-Dealer.de you can still buy the uncut version, but not the steelbooks as they were Amazon and Media Markt exclusives and are sold out...

Did every single one of these have a "manufacturing dent" on the front at the bottom?

I've had two people tell me that every steelbook has this.

Is that true?

I'm with DJ - not a single dent on mine.

A "manufacturing dent", would have to be on the entire run - and we've only seen that on a couple of steels and none of them being Rambo.

Yeah I figured that it was bollocks but because I've heard it from someone else and not just the ebay seller from yesterday, I thought I better check.

Hi!

The dent every single John Rambo Steelbook has!
It was a mistake in the production and there is none Steelbook without this dent!
Its so small that you cant see it on the first view! You have to hold it in the light and then you can see it on the front side right below...
But like I said, you can read it on google or ask other people who got it, every Steelbook does this have!

Thats the only thing...

- basia2088

Thanks anyway guys for confirming.

I've been searching for a couple of years for a perfect UNSEALED copy but have disregarded so many which even have tiny paint chips. Like really small.

Am I being too picky or should I just keep waiting for one with no paint chips or scratches whatsoever? Like I say, some of them I have decided against have had pin head sized paint chips but it bothers me!

I've been searching for a couple of years for a perfect UNSEALED copy but have disregarded so many which even have tiny paint chips. Like really small.

Am I being too picky or should I just keep waiting for one with no paint chips or scratches whatsoever? Like I say, some of them I have decided against have had pin head sized paint chips but it bothers me!
You most welcome, if I were you I'd wait until I find a mint one, certainly one without any dents whatsoever 'pin sized ones or not', this beauty ain't cheap and you deserve a pristine one for your hard earned mula bud, do not settle for anything less ;)

Good luck hunting my friend!! :thumbs:

Reactions: IRON MAN
This is one of the best action movies iv'e seen in recent years, plus its one of the nicest steelbooks out there imo

I would want this even if it wasn't rare and valuable

Everyone collects Steelbooks for different reasons... I collect them for the movies I love and for steels with great art. I own ALOT of crappy movies that have great steels. This movie was actually pretty good, really bloody! And I can guarantee you, that if you held this steel in your hands you would absolutely fall in love with it! :thumbs: :drool: