This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Justice League - In theaters November 17, 2017

Discussion in 'Movies, Trailers, Cinema' started by digitalbabe, Mar 29, 2011.

1. digitalbabe

digitalbabe Staff/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +48,936
    Rating: 3.75 - 4 Votes Rating: 3.75/5 - 4 Votes
    Title: Justice League (2017)
    Tagline: Lets Make a Deal
    Genre: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Action, Adventure
    Director: Zack Snyder
    Cast: Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Jason Momoa, Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, Amy Adams, Ray Fisher, Amber Heard, J.K. Simmons, Jeremy Irons, Diane Lane, Billy Crudup and more...
    Plot: Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman's selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy.
    [​IMG]

Per Firstshowing:
    [/spoiler]

Attached Files:

#1 digitalbabe, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
  2. jitstark

jitstark The Ninth Wave
    Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,676
    Just came back from watching this at BFI IMAX in London. I loved it but my friend who isn't into comics didn't. It's not 'Marvel standard' but like I say I loved it and got more out of it because I'm down with my DC lore.

There were one instances where I lost my mind because it seems like I've been waiting forever to see it on screen.
    GREEN ******* LANTERNS!!!!!!!!!!!! Please just give us a Movie version of Green Lantern First Flight!

Batman was good. You were never gonna get the Batman of BVS as his whole outlook has changed since Superman died. I did think his character was more in keeping with his DKR persona with his view to ethics and general leadership.

Even though this is self contained you can see DC are pretty much table setting for their DCCU. I'm hyped for the Flash and even Aquaman could be good with the villain they've chosen.

Steppenwolf was a bit forgettable because they never spell out what his actual goals are.And I was kinda hoping they'd have Darkseid in it somewhere too.

Once again, I loved it. Fun fact: Danny Boyle was in the screening I was at. Good to see he just rolled out on a Sunday afternoon to watch a film in the cinema.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 4
    • Helpful Post Helpful Post x 1
  3. vexred

Ratings:
    +102
    It only did $96 mil at the USA box office. So it'll be interesting to see what they do. Hopefully the reboot Batman with a new Batman, start a Batverse and slowly build off that.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Drum18

Super Moderator Moderator Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +24,608
    [​IMG]

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
  5. harry

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +29,507
    There is Justice League extended cut (3 hours movie) :OMG::OMG::woot::woot::woot:

Here is the story

Link

Hope they will release it on bluray

6. Drum18

Ratings:
    +24,608
    I would love to see:
    a) an extended cut
    b) a REAL Zack Snyder cut (like they did with Superman II for Donner)

7. tommyh84

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,181
    It’s a shame that despite the largely positive fan reaction over the weekend to the first screenings of the film the media seem to be pushing negative agenda’s (probably to justify their/the ‘critics’ reviews), the latest one being this notion that Whedon ruined Snyder’s film this despite the previous heavy criticism of Snyder’s BVS

I really want DC to succeed with these films but it’s looking more likely that a swift Sony-like Spider-Man reboot will occur rather than persisting with the current crop

Like I said previously with only Aquaman already in production Warner have some real decisions to make in the coming months

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
  8. vexred

Ratings:
    +102
    It's pretty clear that Affleck isn't continuing as Batman. Dude didn't look arsed on that promo tour they did. I'm not sure they have to reboot the whole universe. Start a stand alone Batman trilogy, move ahead with WW2 and Flash, Aqua man is already filmed. Come back to Justice League in 7 or 8 years.

9. Drum18

Ratings:
    +24,608
    What about Superman? Personnally, loved Calvill, BUT would love to see a much brighter Man of Steel.

10. vexred

Ratings:
    +102
    I'd stick with Cavill, he's a good Superman. A while back there was talk of Matthew Vaughn pitching to WB about making the next Superman film and that he wanted to make it a more upbeat, less dour affair. DC have the best heroes and the best villains, I just want them to get their **** together and make films the fans love. There is so much great material that just needs adapting. The Court of Owls would make such a good Batman film.

11. kaw

kaw Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
    Moderator Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +10,032
    ABOUT DANG TIME!

New Posters:
    $.png
    $ (3).jpeg

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 5
  12. Flloydo

Flloydo Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
    Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +16,704
    Okay so I didn’t mind this. There was a lot of crap and some moments and scenes that didn’t fit or felt rushed (mostly the humour) but I thought it was better than BvS even though I prefer the extended version and batman in general for BvS.
    Batman was a little off in this but I preferred justice league supes compared to BvS supes

I also thought this was going to be much longer than it was. It felt too short.
    I’m personally hoping on a extended cut

Man of steel is still my favourite DCEU film. Still waiting on a sequel

The humour was awful. A particular moment batman comments on bleeding under the suit annoyed me.
    the flash was soooo cringe, I like the way he looked and the visuals around him were awesome but ezras humour was badly timed and just not funny.
    The only time the flash made me laugh was when he’s zooming round superman and he looks at him. Ezras facial expression was classic

Loved the flash back of the big fight and you see a lantern and the ring fly off. Thought that was cool.
    I’m half and half about the superman fight when he wakes again, just didn’t seem convincing that he was a bit mental but supes in the end fight was quality. Would of preferred if supes skin was more zombie like in that wake up scene :LOL:

I actually really liked the bad guy (whatever his name was). Some good fights with him but his mouth when talking was a bit off due to the CGI

Thought Aquaman and cyborg stood out the most and I enjoyed their characters but as I mentioned above I wasn’t as big on batman in this like I was with him in BvS. And I prefer superman in this compared to him BvS

Maybe because of wheedon it was trying to be avengers too much. Even the DC opening is too much like marvels now lol but I suppose it makes sense and it did look cool. And the start with video footage of superman reminded me of the opening to spidey. I wonder what scenes where reshot and supes had his tash edited out because that seemed like one of them

I thought we was going to see the other side of the scene in BvS when the flash time travels to warn Bruce! I suppose that will happen in another film or just not at all and forgotten about.

13. Drum18

Ratings:
    +24,608
    It should have been this forever... seriously... with the BvS ending, it was written all over the place...

And this is such a great hommage to Alex Ross (just too bad we’re missing 2)
    F5B766F7-BD0D-43FD-B87C-6B08151927F9.png

Also... hum... someone should explain to me (it's been a lonnnnnngggg time) why we got this Aquaman first teaser back in March 2015
    aquaman.jpg

#352 Drum18, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  14. bloodsnake007

bloodsnake007 Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
    Moderator Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +40,814

15. dboy99

Ratings:
    +735
    Lotta, so, so reviews and bad press for this movie, but to be honest, we should have seen this coming.Both Dc and WB got Greedy and tried to get a JLA movie made way before it was time.They had three movies made and one was set in WW2.They should have waited did the solo films of Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg and let the audience get to know the characters better.But instead they went and threw everyone together hoping to make a billion dollars.This movie was just poorly planned from the jump.

16. Drum18

Ratings:
    +24,608
    The DC opening sequence has been changed to this since last June for Wonder Woman.

17. Flloydo

Flloydo Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
    Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +16,704
    Ahh I’ve only seen it once and forgot it was in that. Waiting to receive the manta so I can watch it again

18. Alistair G

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,491
    No more words needed.
    Seen it yesterday and was thinking the Same.
    After Steppenwolf said Darkseid i hoped for a Preview for him.
    Deathstroke was also nice to see

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
  19. Noodles

Super Moderator Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +34,340

#358 Noodles, Nov 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2017
  20. TheCollector86

Ratings:
    +2,960
    I watched the movie yesterday and I enjoyed it. You can see and feel, that there were two directors who made this movie. There are the dark and stylish Zack Snyder scenes and the typical Joss Whedon humour. The second point is what I dont really like in this movie. I love Whedon's humour and laughed about his scenes, e.g. rescue scene by Superman and Flash ..a typical Whedon scene, but these scenes also destroyed the dark style Zack Snyder built in MOS and BvS. A little bit humour here and there would be ok, but they used too much ...feels like a Marvel movie..

The movie could be also much longer 30min-1h. The flashback scene was too short, but I dont want to spoil here. I hope they will release an extended cut on blu-ray and tell the story right and not within a three sentence flashback. Also I want to see Cyborg back story and few stylish scenes from the trailers, which were removed for the theatrical cut.

I really dont understand the hate. Sure, the movie isnt perfect, but the movie was doomed from the beginning. It's still a very good movie, which can be great movie, when they release an extended cut and fix the CGI, e.g. moustache.

I cant wait to watch the movie again on blu-ray

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  21. Drum18

Ratings:
    +24,608
    I've been reading a LOT about this; fansite, forums, Facebook, etc... and the only people that really are complaining are movie critics. Of course, not all loved it, like ANY movie, but seriously, no one HATES this like critics does.

As you said, it was doomed since day 1. Critics only keeps remembering about MoS and then BvS. They figured they didn't like those 2 so they HAD (to be consistent) to hate this one too.

Casual movie fans and comic book fans, in most, loved/liked this movie. It's too bad for Warner and their box office numbers, but I TRULY hope they'll release and extended AND a Snyder cut of this so that we can enjoy this even more.

• Thanks Thanks x 3