Kong: Skull Island - In theaters March 10, 2017

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Kong: Skull Island (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Jordan Vogt-Roberts[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, John Goodman, Toby Kebbell, John C. Reilly

Plot: An action/adventure story centered on King Kong's origins.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
r2517Vz9EhDhj88qwbDVj8DCRZN.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Legendary just announced at SDCC that they're releasing a prequel to KING KONG called SKULL ISLAND! :)

Legendary surprised the Comic-Con crowd today in Hall H with a new take on the classic monster realm known as Skull Island. The announcement came in the form of a short trailer depicting a harsh, stormy, green land that culminated in the reveal of King Kong howling into the night. The king is back!

Skull Island is of course King Kong’s home, a realm of mystery and monsters. So while Kong is clearly going to be a big part of this film, the approach looks to also be an exploration of the island.

Does it exist in the same universe as Godzilla? It better!

This was the rare true Comic-Con surprise. We don't even know who's writing or directing the film yet, but we do know it has a release date: November 4, 2016.
Courtesy IGN
kingkong.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow! They way he just struts around

What the hell are those things! Glad there's also other beasts and creatures (had a feeling they would keeping with Kong tradition)

Hope the comedy aspect don't ruin it. Forgot he was in it lol - he looks like captian Birdseye

Didn't realise Shea Whigham is in this too!

This looks like it's going to be loads of fun! The humour took me by surprise, but it made me laugh, so that can only be a good thing. :D

So many familiar faces too... I didn't even realise half of those actors were in it. Bit disappointed that they didn't show much of Brie Larson though, considering she's supposed to be one of the main characters. Hopefully she appears more in the next trailer. :)

This looks like it's going to be loads of fun! The humour took me by surprise, but it made me laugh, so that can only be a good thing. :D

So many familiar faces too... I didn't even realise half of those actors were in it. Bit disappointed that they didn't show much of Brie Larson though, considering she's supposed to be one of the main characters. Hopefully she appears more in the next trailer. :)

Yeah, this trailer mostly focussed on three things: revealing Kong, the relationship between Sam Jackson and John Goodman's characters, and the absolute craziness of John C. Reilly's character. It was somewhat lacking Tom Hiddleston and rarely showed Brie Larson... which makes me believe that they'll be the two main characters in the end. It's definitely a loaded cast. I wonder who Michael Keaton and J.K. Simmons were supposed to originally play?

I like the more campy feel to it.

Godzilla could of used it, (and more Godzilla).

Can't wait!!!

Godzilla could of definately done with more Godzilla but I did like the tone

"I got a fever and the only medicine is more Godzilla"

The humour also took me by surprise. I reakon he might be good in it but I also hope it don't ruin it (and I like humour in serious and action films - when it works well)

Is a great cast and I reakon they will feature more in the next trailer

Yeah, this trailer mostly focussed on three things: revealing Kong, the relationship between Sam Jackson and John Goodman's characters, and the absolute craziness of John C. Reilly's character. It was somewhat lacking Tom Hiddleston and rarely showed Brie Larson... which makes me believe that they'll be the two main characters in the end. It's definitely a loaded cast. I wonder who Michael Keaton and J.K. Simmons were supposed to originally play?

completely forgot about those two too

I reakon suits in the normal world. Well they must be considering they were knowwhere to be seen

Either that or Keaton will be a huge island vulture :whistle::LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw and tridon
Really wanting to post the trailer... but I feel like Franky should get to do it. haha
@bloodsnake007 GET ON IT.

tumblr_mbpn0rP4JR1qedb29o1_500.gif

Seriously, though... WTF is Franky?!?! o_O

Franky's still watching the trailer
giphy.gif

:LOL:

Alyssa: "Franky, you coming to bed?"

Franky: "Dammit, woman! Cuddle Cowboy -- I'm staying with Kong tonight!"

:hilarious:
:oohyeah: :woot: :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Mexican-LOL!.jpg

You Ninjas are hilarious, your posts definitely made my day! :hilarious: Fell asleep early last night so I didn't get to watch the trailer until this morning. But WOW :OMG: it's FU**ING EPIC! :cool: :drool::drool::drool: :thumbs: KONG is a beast! :woot: That beating his chest and roar scene at the end gave me goosebumps! :hungry: I'm gonna go APE-SH*T with this film like i did for 'Godzilla 2014'! Can't wait! :naughty:

This is a mixed bag. The FX look really dodgy. And the director has a resume that suggests he has zero business directing a movie like this. (His CV is pathetic actually).

:oohyeah: :woot: :rofl::rofl::rofl:
View attachment 277104

You Ninjas are hilarious, your posts definitely made my day! :hilarious: Fell asleep early last night so I didn't get to watch the trailer until this morning. But WOW :OMG: it's FU**ING EPIC! :cool: :drool::drool::drool: :thumbs: KONG is a beast! :woot: That beating his chest and roar scene at the end gave me goosebumps! :hungry: I'm gonna go APE-SH*T with this film like i did for 'Godzilla 2014'! Can't wait! :naughty:

HE LIVES!!! :p