Retired
Release date: November, 2014
Print run: TBA
Notes: WEA

To discuss individual steelbook:
Kung Fu Panda (Blufans Exclusive #17)
Kung Fu Panda 2 (Blufans Exclusive #18)

Kung Fu Panda 1+2 Doublepack
- Lenticular slip. Cover will be in English with a sleeve wrapping having Chinese wording.
- 52 page booklet with English and Chinese text. Size similar to The Godfather booklet.

1.jpg

Kung Fu Panda 1 & 2
- Embossed slip
- 8 postcards. Similar size to The Godfather.
- KFP2 only has 8 cards, not 10 as shown in the render.

2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL! @Actarus and @chunk . I know the feeling all to well. My biggest haul, when I first started collecting and playing catch up, was 69 steels in one month :p:emb: Thank god I'm done with that, now I'm just sticking to true exclusives and releases that offer more than just the steel. But yea, with so many preorders around, I've skipped many that I would've normally gotten.

Reactions: Actarus and chunk
@AlienKing.
But the image is very close up image so not the best way to get depth in a lenticular.
This is exactly what I was afraid of. But @bevins2012 tells me it actually has good depth so I shall wait for his comparison as well and make the decision. I'm not too bothered even if I miss out on it, after all, I've got the full slips :) And no worries about the video, thanks for trying :notworthy:

This is exactly what I was afraid of. But @bevins2012 tells me it actually has good depth so I shall wait for his comparison as well and make the decision. I'm not too bothered even if I miss out on it, after all, I've got the full slips :) And no worries about the video, thanks for trying :notworthy:

Drive and Kung Fu Panda have the best clarity with KFP being the best. KFP pops out of the surface, something neither Drive or EoT do. KFP wins for the best depth IMO but you have to look carefully at the different depth levels (this is due to the fact that it's a close up shot and not a poster shot), its not as obvious as EoT or Drive.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: AlienKing
LOL! @Actarus and @chunk . I know the feeling all to well. My biggest haul, when I first started collecting and playing catch up, was 69 steels in one month :p:emb: Thank god I'm done with that, now I'm just sticking to true exclusives and releases that offer more than just the steel. But yea, with so many preorders around, I've skipped many that I would've normally gotten.

I was the same, some days I would get 7-8 steelbooks turn up on my doorstep, it was like birthday and christmas every few days back then.. I feel the same as you now, I want to add steelbooks with all the extras, I have pretty much every release I want in just the plain steelbook, so I'm looking at the ones that are quality full packages.. I still will pick up regular releases but I'm much more picky too about what to add. this hobby is definitely expensive.. good job I don't have a social life really, couldn't afford one:rofl: steelbooks are my money pit:D:drool:

Reactions: AlienKing and harry
Drive and Kung Fu Panda have the best clarity with KFP being the best. KFP pops out of the surface, something neither Drive or EoT do. KFP wins for the best depth IMO but you have to look carefully at the different depth levels (this is due to the fact that it's a close up shot and not a poster shot), its not as obvious as EoT or Drive.
Fair comparison. I can understand the depth limitation due to the close up shot. Even though I'm leaning toward a "don't need to purchase it for now" option, your input suggests otherwise. Who knows, come pay day, I might just pull the trigger. It's in our collectors' blood, such impulses. :p

I was the same, some days I would get 7-8 steelbooks turn up on my doorstep, it was like birthday and christmas every few days back then.. I feel the same as you now, I want to add steelbooks with all the extras, I have pretty much every release I want in just the plain steelbook, so I'm looking at the ones that are quality full packages.. I still will pick up regular releases but I'm much more picky too about what to add. this hobby is definitely expensive.. good job I don't have a social life really, couldn't afford one:rofl: steelbooks are my money pit:D:drool:
I might be worse than you then. Because I can convince myself I don't need a social life since I have this hobby :wow::cautious:
Who needs women when I can devirginize so many steelbooks :naughty: And I'm just about to do one (J. Wick from NM, FYI :D)
Who needs friends when I can surround myself with plenty of these :thumbs:
:rofl:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: chunk
Fair comparison. I can understand the depth limitation due to the close up shot. Even though I'm leaning toward a "don't need to purchase it for now" option, your input suggests otherwise. Who knows, come pay day, I might just pull the trigger. It's in our collectors' blood, such impulses. :p

I might be worse than you then. Because I can convince myself I don't need a social life since I have this hobby :wow::cautious:
Who needs women when I can devirginize so many steelbooks :naughty: And I'm just about to do one (J. Wick from NM, FYI :D)
Who needs friends when I can surround myself with plenty of these :thumbs:
:rofl:
Lol.. Yep who needs friends in the real world when we have everything we need at hdn.. All we need is WiFi and a debit card and our lives are filled:drool::cigar:

Reactions: AlienKing
@AlienKing if you do not have any Kung Fu Panda steelbook then I would say that the lenticular double pack is definitely worth getting. If however you already possess the single slipcase editions then I would say it is not worth double dipping for $130.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: chunk and AlienKing
@AlienKing if you do not have any Kung Fu Panda steelbook then I would say that the lenticular double pack is definitely worth getting. If however you already possess the single slipcase editions then I would say it is not worth double dipping for $130.
Of course, I don't want to spend $130 and double dip just to find out its not what I thought it would be, hence me asking for the video from others here :) So you're absolutely right. I was planning on getting rid of the single editions in case I somehow end up preferring the lenticular.

Am I right in thinking that you don't get the full slips if you buy the Combo? I love the lenti on the front of the combo but really want the slips

Am I right in thinking that you don't get the full slips if you buy the Combo? I love the lenti on the front of the combo but really want the slips

I had the same problem, I liked both and went for the slips in the end, no slips with the combo but you do get a nice booklet with it, you get art cards with the slips:thumbs:

I had the same problem, I liked both and went for the slips in the end, no slips with the combo but you do get a nice booklet with it, you get art cards with the slips:thumbs:
I'll probably get the slips because they look very nice, but I do like the look of the combo!

I'll probably get the slips because they look very nice, but I do like the look of the combo!

This is one of the nicest Blufans ever made, The FullSlips 1 & 2 are superb, they are embossed and the color on them with the spot gloss on the slip is amazing.
plus the characters under the data sheet on the back artwork are just way too beautiful.

Not to mention this is 2 of the best quality and design that Blufans has ever made, the spot Gloss treatment on the steel is absolutely Perfection and breathtaking.
This is quality all The Way ! This 2 releases 1 & 2 are pure Art !

It's too bad that Blufans can't produce such quality products from A to Z on each of their releases like they did with those 2 FullSlips.

I think that's Bryan Cranston voicing his father, great stuff!

Anyone else notice the distributor is 20th Century Fox instead of Paramount? Would that mean Fox could disagree to release this in Steelbook. :wow:

Anyone here still happen to have this Kung Fu Panda 1+2 (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #18-#19) brand new sealed for sale at a friendly member price? Please PM me if you have it. Thanks.