Retired
Release date: November, 2014
Print run: TBA
Notes: WEA

To discuss individual steelbook:
Kung Fu Panda (Blufans Exclusive #17)
Kung Fu Panda 2 (Blufans Exclusive #18)

Kung Fu Panda 1+2 Doublepack
- Lenticular slip. Cover will be in English with a sleeve wrapping having Chinese wording.
- 52 page booklet with English and Chinese text. Size similar to The Godfather booklet.

1.jpg

Kung Fu Panda 1 & 2
- Embossed slip
- 8 postcards. Similar size to The Godfather.
- KFP2 only has 8 cards, not 10 as shown in the render.

2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Actarus sorry to bother you buddy. I'm wondering if you can provide a short video of this lenti effect? :ohno: Please & thank you :notworthy: I cant seem to find a video, only pics.

Actually, I'd appreciate it if anyone could show us a video :) Thanks

@Actarus sorry to bother you buddy. I'm wondering if you can provide a short video of this lenti effect? :ohno: Please & thank you :notworthy: I cant seem to find a video, only pics.

is that because you want in the GB maybe ? sorry I have an old iphone 3GS and even have difficulties trying to take good pictures...taking a video is really not good with it :(

but if you had to chose, I'd say the Fullslip 1 & 2 are pretty sweet, spot gloss on them, they are one of the best release from the blufans catalogue... the back once removed data sheet are pretty sweet...plus the steels ouffff best spot Gloss treatment I have ever seen...I guess spot glos and black matt steel works like a nice combo to highlight the spot gloss effect !

but the double is sweet too, still sealed for me though...

Reactions: severo

Hehehe, no need for video, just get it
KF Panda is awesome and the Lenti is nice, those eyes on the panda are quite captivating.

Reactions: chunk and Actarus
@AlienKing I agree all 3 releases are stunning so wheter you go with KFP 1 & 2 individual or the Lenti Double Pack, you can't loose, I've said it before those 3 releases are part of the best releases Blufans have ever done, they are really high up there !

I was not interested when it was advertised at first so I didn't pre-order any but once I saw the pictures I was just captivated, got them and in hands THEY ARE EVEN MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN IN PICTURES, pictures do not do them justice like they should. Such a Stunning release. The steels in hands are just insane, to see such a beautifully crafted Spot Gloss treatment.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

@Actarus
I already have the full slips :emb: but I was looking at pictures but I can't make up my mind about the lenticular. I simply prefer lenticulars over others. Can't go wrong with 3d/moving pictures :D. But of course, there are times when full slips are better than lenticulars. In those cases I still buy the lenti for consistency, unless the lenti is absolutely garbage. This case is different because the lenti is a double pack with the 3rd movie on the way. So I got the full slips thinking BF might do KFP 3 and I don't want first 2 together and last separate, even though its a lenti.

And yes I wanted to get on the GB. So I wanted to see how good the lenti is before I buy the lenti and trade in the separate steels.

@charleybusko
Heheh, yea I've been reading up on it and people say the lenti is nice and I believe them. But still, I want to see it. Looking at the pictures, its a close-up of the face, so not much going on. That's why I still can't convince myself. :dunno:

Reactions: chunk and harry
It is a nice lenti for sure. But If you want to keep the singles in case Blufans releases the 3rd one as a single
so they go all well together it is up to you, they are beautiful and same steels anyways...
I got all of them because of my complicit nature.
This is a question only you can answer, will you be happier with the singles or the double pack ?
it's difficult to answer for someone else as for me all different versions are 10/10.

I think you can judge by the picture posted, people have posted nice ones if I remember correctly.
But if Blufans releases the 3rd one and they design it to match with the 2 first singles,
at that point it will look different with the Double pack and the 3rd movie as a single(it won't match)

as I am writing, the more I think about it, because of the ''possibility'' that Blufans might release the
3rd movie at one point as a single, if you don't have the first 2 movies as single it will look weird.
I believe that the double pack, is really made for the collector to go for the extra package after having bought the first 2 singles.
So if you Plan on getting the double pack, Keep the singles 1 & 2 in case Blufans releases the 3rd movie.

That is just my opinion and as I always say, do what feels right to you.

Reactions: AlienKing and chunk
It is a nice lenti for sure. But If you want to keep the singles in case Blufans releases the 3rd one as a single
so they go all well together it is up to you, they are beautiful and same steels anyways...
This is a question only you can answer, will you be happier with the singles or the double pack ?
it's difficult to answer for someone else as for me all different versions are 10/10.

I think you can judge by the picture posted, people have posted nice ones if I remember correctly.
But if Blufans releases the 3rd one and they design it to match with the 2 first singles,
at that point it will look different with the Double pack and the 3rd movie as a single(it won't match)

as I am writing, the more I think about it, because of the ''possibility'' that Blufans might release the
3rd movie at one point as a single, if you don't have the first 2 movies as single it will look weird.
I believe that the double pack, is really made for the collector to go for the extra package after having bought the first 2 singles.
So if you Plan on getting the double pack, Keep the singles 1 & 2 in case Blufans releases the 3rd movie.

I put in for the singles last night for that reason, individual slips just in case blufans release the third movie:happy: I have never gone for a slip over lenticular before but because of the third film and the fact that those slips look beautiful :cigar: can't wait to receive them and finally see them in hand.
I looked on the Internet last night for an unboxing video, and couldn't believe that no one has done one for these releases:confused: or I just couldn't find it /any:emb:

Reactions: AlienKing
I put in for the singles last night for that reason, individual slips just in case blufans release the third movie:happy: I have never gone for a slip over lenticular before but because of the third film and the fact that those slips look beautiful :cigar: can't wait to receive them and finally see them in hand.
I looked on the Internet last night for an unboxing video, and couldn't believe that no one has done one for these releases:confused: or I just couldn't find it /any:emb:

No I believe it's only pictures available but I was so surprised at the sheer quality of the slip, it has spot gloss treatment, on a slip !!!, plus the bonus art Card are the size of the fullslip which are LOVELY and to complement everything that steel to just drool all over it.

It is unsure as if Blufans will release the 3rd movie, but if ever they do(as there is a big chance) at least you will have had both singles to go with the 3rd movie. If ever they don't release the 3rd movie(which would not make sense) you still have 2 exquisite release. Once you remove the back data sheet(careful remove gently as there is a spot of glue that holds the data sheet not to have a fold in your data sheet when removing, but if done slowly after it just rolls off... but underneath the data sheet, really nice back artwork :woot:

In the Pictures I have taken in my collection of the singles, you can see some places the spot gloss on the slip and you also see the back of the fullslip without the data sheet Kung Fu Panda 1 & 2 FullSlip Pictures

hopes this makes you more comfortable having gone for the singles

• Helpful Post
Reactions: chunk
No I believe it's only pictures available but I was so surprised at the sheer quality of the slip, it has spot gloss treatment, on a slip !!!, plus the bonus art Card are the size of the fullslip which are LOVELY and to complement everything that steel to just drool all over it.

It is unsure as if Blufans will release the 3rd movie, but if ever they do(as there is a big chance) at least you will have had both singles to go with the 3rd movie. If ever they don't release the 3rd movie(which would not make sense) you still have 2 exquisite release. Once you remove the back data sheet(careful remove gently as there is a spot of glue that holds the data sheet not to have a fold in your data sheet when removing, but if done slowly after it just rolls off... but underneath the data sheet, really nice back artwork :woot:

In the Pictures I have taken in my collection of the singles, you can see some places the spot gloss on the slip and you also see the back of the fullslip without the data sheet Kung Fu Panda 1 & 2 FullSlip Pictures

hopes this makes you more comfortable having gone for the singles
Thanks for the heads up about the glue on the back, I'm be very careful:ohno:
they look amazing and I haven't heard a negative comment about them:drool: I couldn't find a picture of the back of the combi pack last night (just one with what looks like a data sheet) so I got the singles, looks like as much effort went into designing the slips as the steelbook itself :cigar: I'll check out your pics:thumbs:

Reactions: Actarus and harry

I'm more than happy with my full slips. I just wanted to see a video of the lenti and see if that would change my mind :p. I don't wanna spend that much on the double pack, and end up having to get rid of it. I'll stick to my full slips for now :D

Heyy :woot: another lenti lover :naughty:. Like yourself, this was one of those instances where I've gone for the full slip over lenticular. Looking at the pictures, the lenti is a single image. Which means its a "3D effect" lenti. But with the picture being such a close up of the face, I donno how much depth they achieved. So without actually seeing a video, I wont bite on it.

@AlienKing , I wondered too how good the lenti would be as its such a close up, and without any video available I thought (for the first time ) go for the slips cos I could see exactly what I was getting. . I'm sure the lenti is lovely but I'm happy with my choice. first I got into steelbooks, then lentis and now slips, will it ever end:greedy::greedy::rofl:

I'm more than happy with my full slips. I just wanted to see a video of the lenti and see if that would change my mind :p. I don't wanna spend that much on the double pack, and end up having to get rid of it. I'll stick to my full slips for now :D

Heyy :woot: another lenti lover :naughty:. Like yourself, this was one of those instances where I've gone for the full slip over lenticular. Looking at the pictures, the lenti is a single image. Which means its a "3D effect" lenti. But with the picture being such a close up of the face, I donno how much depth they achieved. So without actually seeing a video, I wont bite on it.

I have no way of getting you a video of the lenti but if it helps this is seriously one of the best depth lenticulars I have ever seen and I own several Blufans and Korean releases.

What I did to alleviate the costs is I sold the steelbooks out of the double pack and all my money back from the cost of the double. Of course that is because I paid original GB cost. I have all 3 editions

@AlienKing , I wondered too how good the lenti would be as its such a close up, and without any video available I thought (for the first time ) go for the slips cos I could see exactly what I was getting. . I'm sure the lenti is lovely but I'm happy with my choice. first I got into steelbooks, then lentis and now slips, will it ever end:greedy::greedy::rofl:
It will NEVER end! :LOL:

I have no way of getting you a video of the lenti but if it helps this is seriously one of the best depth lenticulars I have ever seen and I own several Blufans and Korean releases.

What I did to alleviate the costs is I sold the steelbooks out of the double pack and all my money back from the cost of the double. Of course that is because I paid original GB cost. I have all 3 editions
That's good to hear, but now you got me pondering again :cautious::p. How would you compare this lenti to Drive and Edge of Tomorrow from Nova?

@AlienKing ..I think you're are right..it's a bit scary the lack of will power I've had lately. . haven't gone this crazy since I started collecting and was playing catch up.:confused:

@AlienKing. The lenticular effect is quite good.
But the image is very close up image so not the best way to get depth in a lenticular. Not much transition, just depth and very clear. The Drive and Edge of tomorrow lenticular images were not close up images and so could convey a better overall depth.
Sorry cannot seem to upload any video.

@AlienKing and @chunk

Yes Stunning Lenti from Blufans, looks so Classy, but like it was mentioned since it is such a close up of the face it is difficult to see any big lenti effect like for example the magnet lenti in HG3 from film arena, I am sure you saw the video, around the mockingjay the fire totally goes out and comes back, it is insane. @chuck, It is Crazy playing catch up and can be very expensive, luckily I am almost over with the catch up thing as I finally got all the back items I wanted... now focussing more on the pre-release... but this hobby is so expensive and can be stressful.

@AlienKing and @chunk

Yes Stunning Lenti from Blufans, looks so Classy, but like it was mentioned since it is such a close up of the face it is difficult to see any big lenti effect like for example the magnet lenti in HG3 from film arena, I am sure you saw the video, around the mockingjay the fire totally goes out and comes back, it is insane. @chuck, It is Crazy playing catch up and can be very expensive, luckily I am almost over with the catch up thing as I finally got all the back items I wanted... now focussing more on the pre-release... but this hobby is so expensive and can be stressful.

I thought I was over playing catch up too, then all of a sudden I've been binge buying again :confused: I think its because I've taken a liking to the full package. with kung fu panda (at the time of release), I think I had a lot on pre order and so I decided to skip it, but I've often wished I had it in my collection. . really happy I am getting it now. lots to look foward to this summer for releases from the Asian retailers:)

I agree, I love the hunger games lenti, its like at the end of the movie (at the credits) when it catches fire, awesome effect on that one..also really like the predator german lenti for the same reason, changing from Arnies face to how the predator see's him. sometimes these company's pull it off so well..john wick from nova.. up, wreck it ralph ..yep love my lenti steelbooks:drool:

Reactions: harry and Actarus
@chunk I so agree, I thought it was over for me too than I started liking some editions and had to get them at a premium, so this is when it gets tough, our taste change as we see something we like, something new and different and it gives us a taste for something else... and we now start running around playing catch up when we thought it was over :drool:

Reactions: smileyx9 and harry