La La Land (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 7) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: December 29, 2017
Purchase links: Lenti Slip - Full Slip - Special Box - One Click (Pre-order November 17, 2017 at 8 PM HKT, GMT+8)
Price: $48.99 (Lenti - Full Slip) - $54.99 (Special Box) - $152.97 (One Click)
Notes: Region A
Print Run is 2000 units for both Domestic and International. Limited to 2 Copies per Customer for each edition and 1 for One Click.
Full Slip: 200 Units
Lenti Slip: 300 Units
Special Box: 300 Units
One Click: 400 Sets (Includes all editions, Matching Numbers)
HDN Group Buy: Live at 2 PM tomorrow (Friday 3 November at 2 PM CST, Central time/US)

23130495_1558761787567257_3067312473449576367_n.jpg 23031709_1558761694233933_6758941504530821347_n.jpg 23031348_1558759534234149_375165741784518586_n.jpg

Last edited:
Why does Manta have such trouble with studio negotiations? Every other steelbook was released without credits on the back, Manta says they had tons of trouble with artwork approval... yet the other studios seemingly didn't? It's just strange because, IMO, Manta is a top tier steelbook retailer and usually do an amazing job, so wouldn't the studios be more amenable to them?

Why does Manta have such trouble with studio negotiations? Every other steelbook was released without credits on the back, Manta says they had tons of trouble with artwork approval... yet the other studios seemingly didn't? It's just strange because, IMO, Manta is a top tier steelbook retailer and usually do an amazing job, so wouldn't the studios be more amenable to them?
manta does do WEA for the releases so that slows it down a bit for sure. They also dont pump out 1-2 releases a month to flood the market

manta does do WEA for the releases so that slows it down a bit for sure. They also dont pump out 1-2 releases a month to flood the market
I understand but all of these La La Land steels were WEA. Manta seemed to be the only one with release/negotiation issues, as far as I know. Just wondering why that is.

So, which of these 5 steelbook - judged on external beauty alone - would take the gold?

Pics courtesy rejimi31
------------------------------ a -------------------------------------------- b ------------------------------------------------------- c --------------------------------------------------- d --------------------------------------------- e --------------------------------------------
DTyfSqcV4AA3jMi.jpg:large

DTyfSqfV4AAcfeL.jpg:large

Obviously not my kind of film so I wouldn't jump on these personally but if I had to rate them the order would be:-
e
c
d
b
a
Got all of them, but I've got to say I love the Best Buy version best... and yet it's the cheapest one hahah... Can't beat the elegance of the white background. I also love the back design of the Japan steelbook... I like the Korea version least but enjoyed their slip designs.

Just received my Lenti! OH BOY!!!:drool:
The sky on the backside has the same effect like the Mitty Fullslip sky, but in purple. Lenti on the front is okay, but no Lenti ever would blow me away.
BUT the Steelbook!!!! Damn, colours are gorgeous:drool::oohyeah::hungry:
ATM I own the FNC and this, and Manta's Steel kicks ass, like the Fullslip from FNC does! :D

AND: free of scratches :cool:

I received the Manta Lab lenticular, and to be honest the lenti does not look that impressive in my opinion. Waiting for the 2 korean editions, then I will decide which one I keep

Korean Lenti is way better imo

from the video I watched, I would expect the same. Now the big question is, should I open the Manta Lab to check for scratches? :drool: because in the end, if I prefer the korean edition once in hands, I will just resell the Manta, and if not sealed I might not sell it for as much as I bought it

from the video I watched, I would expect the same. Now the big question is, should I open the Manta Lab to check for scratches? :drool: because in the end, if I prefer the korean edition once in hands, I will just resell the Manta, and if not sealed I might not sell it for as much as I bought it
true, but on the other hand: if you have scratches you can write John and get a replacement. Did it with the last ME and was absolutly no problem. :)
Wish their Steelbook check would be as good as their customer service

Just received my Lenti! OH BOY!!!:drool:
The sky on the backside has the same effect like the Mitty Fullslip sky, but in purple. Lenti on the front is okay, but no Lenti ever would blow me away.

What is the sky effect on the back? I don't own the Mitty fullslip.

On the lenti itself, do the details get lost in the cityscape at the bottom?

I ordered one click directly from Manta and tracking says “sender is preparing item for posting” on Jan 4 and no change ever since :grumpy: Does anyone have the same issue? I contacted Manta but no response yet...

Looks like mine will be arriving tomorrow

But I’ll have to collect it Wednesday night because no one will be in

• Thanks
Reactions: Veronica Mars
Received my lenti and I absolutely love it! I'd been avoiding photos, so had no idea the sky on the slip had a glittery sort of effect to it... very nice touch IMO. The only downside is that my steel is riddled with fine scratches... that's two times in a row for me now - thank God Manta are switching factories!

• Thanks
Reactions: Veronica Mars
What is the sky effect on the back? I don't own the Mitty fullslip.

On the lenti itself, do the details get lost in the cityscape at the bottom?
Oh damn, sorry I forgot to reply.:ohno:
Here are some photos I took from the Mitty FullSlip. LaLaLand is just the same in another color :)
LINK

Yes the details are very blurred and get lost