UK
Release date: November 10th, 2014
Purchase link: Let Me In
Price: £14.99
Notes: Ultra limited print run

10997013-1410523581-597977.jpg

10997013-1410523581-598011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received mine. What a shame. This could have been such a nice steelbook if they did not use that cheap bronze finish again. I am not ordering anymore UK steelbooks.

The only advantage to this is that it's not a streaky mess like Apocalypto. I think these distributers are getting cocky and that any old piece of flimsy metal with a low quality picture on it will suffice. A shame indeed.

I really don't like the term "remake" when it comes to film adaptions of book. Let's just call it new adaption or alternative adaption.

But thats off- topic...

I actually came here to say that this steel should win the "most wasted potential 2014 award" if there was one.

I really don't like the term "remake" when it comes to film adaptions of book. Let's just call it new adaption or alternative adaption.

But thats off- topic...

I actually came here to say that this steel should win the "most wasted potential 2014 award" if there was one.

It is a remake though. Reeves claimed that it would be another adaptation of the book before the film came out, but it ended up not being the case. From wikipedia:

In comparing his adaptation to the Swedish one, Reeves admitted to not adding many different details from the book that weren't in the original film, stating that " the story was so big that you couldn't really add a lot of stuff in without taking away the focus of the coming of age story so I tried to have allusions and references to stuff in the book." Reeves also admitted to borrowing elements from the Swedish film, stating "There are things that [Lindqvist] adapted brilliantly in the movie and I borrowed from that because I thought he did a great adaptation. But there are some things that hopefully don't detract and fit into the context of the story. It's a mixture of details from the book, the original film and things that grew out of adapting it."[20]

Reactions: augustus and MGD
Personally I prefer the US version because it streamlined the story better for me on a cinematic level and removed parts of the book that detracted from the children. The Swedish version I found boring in parts, and even though I'm a huge fan of the book I didn't think it was neccessary to cram as much of it in as he did. Of course film hipsters will always say the Swedish version is better :thumbs:

Personally I prefer the US version because it streamlined the story better for me on a cinematic level and removed parts of the book that detracted from the children. The Swedish version I found boring in parts, and even though I'm a huge fan of the book I didn't think it was neccessary to cram as much of it in as he did. Of course film hipsters will always say the Swedish version is better :thumbs:
Let me In
Its a UK Film
Hammer Films

It was released in the cinemas in Canada and USA and UK
The rights belong to Hammer Films a UK company

Reactions: psychoscot
Let me In
Its a UK Film
Hammer Films

It was released in the cinemas in Canada and USA and UK
The rights belong to Hammer Films a UK company

Technically is can be classed as either since Hammer were only part of a group of companies that made it, the other 2 being US based, which is why it's listed on film sites as both a UK/US production. :)

Hipsters! How dare you! :p More like patient viewers that don't mind subtitles. I like the remake but it wasn't emotionally affecting or beautiful like the original was. I felt like it added action for the sake of action, and an unnecessary overblown score.

Hipsters! How dare you! [emoji14] More like patient viewers that don't mind subtitles. I like the remake but it wasn't emotionally affecting or beautiful like the original was. I felt like it added action for the sake of action, and an unnecessary overblown score.
About 20% of my film collection is foreign language. [emoji6]

I felt the remake was far more emotional, hence why it's one of my all time top 10 films [emoji3]