Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Logan

Tagline: His time has come

Genre: Action, Drama, Science Fiction

Director: James Mangold

Cast: Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Dafne Keen, Boyd Holbrook, Stephen Merchant, Richard E. Grant, Sienna Novikov, Eriq La Salle, Elise Neal, Elizabeth Rodriguez, Doris Morgado, David Kallaway, Han Soto, Jayson Genao, Krzysztof Soszynski, Alison Fernandez, Quincy Fouse, Al Coronel, Frank Gallegos, Anthony Escobar, Reynaldo Gallegos, Stephen Dunlevy, Daniel Bernhardt, Ryan Sturz, Brandon Melendy, Luke Hawx, Paul Andrew O'Connor, Rocky Abou-Sakher, Jean Claude Leuyer, Jef Groff, Jeremy Fitzgerald, Chris Palermo, Clinton Roberts, Keith Jardine, Andrew Arrabito, Sebastian James, Aaron Matthews, Garrett Hammond, Matt McClain, Maureen Brennan, Hannah Westerfield, Bryant Tardy, Ashlyn Casalegno, Parker Lovein, Jimmy Gonzales, Lennie Loftin, Mark Ashworth, James Handy, Bryce Romero, Phi Vu, Chester Rushing, David Simpson, Lauren Gros, John Raymond, Vanessa Cloke, Katie Anne Mitchell, Lara Grice, James Moses Black, Ned Yousef, Baxter Humby, Daniel Hernández, Michael Lehr, Bryan Sloyer, John Bernecker, Joe Williams, Robert Wu, Victor Winters-Junco, Craig Henningsen, Evan Dane Taylor, Toby Holguin, Panuvat Anthony Nanakornpanom, Eyad Elbitar, Rissa Rose Kilar, Salef Celiz, Aidan Kennedy, Chase Cubia, Vincenzo Lucatorto, Haley Glass, Nayah Murphy, Emma Teo, Noell Jellison, Ella Rowbotham, Hudson Wright, Sebeon Jackson, Kelton DuMont, Damon Carney, Dave Davis, Cynthia Woods, Mali O'Connor, Robert Vargas, David Paris, Ted Ferguson, Juan Gaspard, Julia Holt, Gonzalo Robles

Release: 2017-02-28

Runtime: 137

Plot: In the near future, a weary Logan cares for an ailing Professor X in a hideout on the Mexican border. But Logan's attempts to hide from the world and his legacy are upended when a young mutant arrives, pursued by dark forces.

Yup, completely fan made. But pretty well done. Jokes were very close to something reynolds would do
and the costume looks great!

It was the costume that gave it away at the end

I thought it was legit until he got up and I could see what the costume was made of, I had to rewind it to hear the voice again. But yeah I can imagine him doing that and it was well done

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Guys... Just because The Mist is a better film in Black and White doesn't mean that every film with grit will too.
The Black and Chrome Edition of Fury Road was billed as being the "better" cut of the film- and it was not.

Removing the color gradient from your film doesn't automatically give the film a connotation of being a throwback to the type of film it is paying homage to- and such an homage won't work if the tonal and stylistic presentation of the film clash with the actual black and white setting. Logan is very much a modern-day film. It's sequences are modern day action sequences. Nothing about the film lends itself to a black and white aesthetic.

Guys... Just because The Mist is a better film in Black and White doesn't mean that every film with grit will too.
The Black and Chrome Edition of Fury Road was billed as being the "better" cut of the film- and it was not.

Removing the color gradient from your film doesn't automatically give the film a connotation of being a throwback to the type of film it is paying homage to- and such an homage won't work if the tonal and stylistic presentation of the film clash with the actual black and white setting. Logan is very much a modern-day film. It's sequences are modern day action sequences. Nothing about the film lends itself to a black and white aesthetic.

But... "Better" is just a matter of your option tho, right? ;)

I do agree that not every film works in B&W. But I do think Logan will work well with it. Before the first trailer was released all the promo shots were in black and white and I even remember wondering in this thread if the film would be that way as well. I think from the start Mangold wanted to do a Black and White cut.

Fan-Made trailer in Black and White.

Looks good to me.

logan noir.jpg

On Tuesday, May 16th, audiences across the country can re-immerse themselves in the bold and beautiful brutality of the Logan story, presented in stunning black and white for one night only. Alamo Drafthouse and 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment are presenting Logan Noir, a new, monochromatic vision of one of the greatest comic hero films ever made.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Flloydo

Not saying I disagree with you because I'm not a massive fan of black and white films myself (Angel A & la haine being exceptions) and I don't get why such a colourful film like mad max was done in black and white but this is one for some reason really suits it IMO.

Thought that when it started when I first see it and I'm personlly looking forward to seeing it in black and white when it comes out.
Maybe because it's not overly colourful anyway and the pics I've seen make it look cool

At least they aren't milking us and bringing it out at a later date. Being included with the steels and other editons is a nice bonus.

• Thanks
Reactions: FN-2187