Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 6, 2014
Purchase links: Amazon FR - FNAC
Price: €24.99

81v+A262SHL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If no better release is announced for this then I'll definitely be getting this one - just got back from seeing the film today and it was extremely good! I don't mind if it's a FuturePak or a Steelbook, either's fine with me.

Reactions: IRON MAN
She looks even more stunning than normal on the steel! Please please let their be a UK steel w/this artwork!

Already asked Entertainment Store if they might be doing this as its released in the UK through Universal so would be an eOne release, they have no information at present. Could be an HMV release same as Riddick and Kick Ass 2

• Helpful Post
Reactions: PKAVFC and wyatt03
Two potential problems:

1. The bloody banner - especially at this price!

2. Amazon FR will most likely send it out in a padded bag (fnac, I'm not so sure) - and we all know what happens to them don't we?!!!

I've ordered a couple times from Amazon.fr and they used individuals boxes for each steelbook where the steelbook is safe, the individual boxes then are placed in a bigger box.

Reactions: goufcustom
I've ordered a couple times from Amazon.fr and they used individuals boxes for each steelbook where the steelbook is safe, the individual boxes then are placed in a bigger box.
That's the exception rather than the norm unfortunately, every time I've ordered from them they've always sent stuff out in A1 mailers (or the larger equivalent) without any protection - Amazon France are one of the worst for doing it I've found (whereas Amazon Germany almost always uses the Steelbook packaging that was introduced).

---

Also, when was this confirmed as definitely a FuturePak?

Reactions: JackRegan
Then you've been extremely lucky - the DO have a nasty habit of imitating Zavvi at their worst. I have ordered many times, and they have NEVER used the frustration-free packaging, nor the slim P1 boxes either - I say this from bitter experience!

That's the exception rather than the norm unfortunately, every time I've ordered from them they've always sent stuff out in A1 mailers (or the larger equivalent) without any protection - Amazon France are one of the worst for doing it I've found (whereas Amazon Germany almost always uses the Steelbook packaging that was introduced).

Then you've been extremely lucky - the DO have a nasty habit of imitating Zavvi at their worst. I have ordered many times, and they have NEVER used the frustration-free packaging, nor the slim P1 boxes either - I say this from bitter experience!

That certainly sucks fellas, maybe they only use these for long distance shipping and when it's next door they don't? Just wondering.

Either way, if it arrives damaged, you have the certainty of dealing with proper customer support. At least in my experience, it's been proper.

For further retailer discussion, we can take the convo to this thread :)

Back to topic, futurepak or steelbook, if this is the only metal release for Lucy, I'm in :D

Nice looking steelbook with that artwork but before that will have to view the film before making a final choice...

Two potential problems:

1. The bloody banner - especially at this price!

2. Amazon FR will most likely send it out in a padded bag (fnac, I'm not so sure) - and we all know what happens to them don't we?!!!

A third potential problem is that this title is being released by EuropaCorp, who were also responsible for the French releases of "Taken" and "Taken 2", both of which, I understand, had forced French sub-titles!

A third potential problem is that this title is being released by EuropaCorp, who were also responsible for the French releases of "Taken" and "Taken 2", both of which, I understand, had forced French sub-titles!

And probably a fourth, truth told, in that it's not terribly good - Sometimes I wish Luc Besson had stuck to his guns and retired as he said he was doing.

Not sure about the Takens having forced subs - someone here is sure to know though - over to you someone . . . . . .

And probably a fourth, truth told, in that it's not terribly good - Sometimes I wish Luc Besson had stuck to his guns and retired as he said he was doing.

Not sure about the Takens having forced subs - someone here is sure to know though - over to you someone . . . . . .

This post is probably academic now that Zavvi have announced a UK Steelbook release of "Lucy".

Three other forums confirm that the French EuropaCorp release of "Taken" has forced sub-titles. I've not been able to find out about the sub-titles for their release of "Taken 2". So it's anyone's guess as to whether or not they will be forced on this forthcoming title.

I've not actually seen "Lucy" myself. In spite of it being directed by Luc Besson, I was rather put off by the reviews it has received. I take it from your comments above that you have seen it and weren't impressed. Is it as dire as some critics say it is?

Last edited: