Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 6, 2014
Purchase links: Amazon FR - FNAC
Price: €24.99

81v+A262SHL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This post is probably academic now that Zavvi have announced a UK Steelbook release of "Lucy".

Three other forums confirm that the French EuropaCorp release of "Taken" has forced sub-titles. I've not been able to find out about the sub-titles for their release of "Taken 2". So it's anyone's guess as to whether or not they will be forced on this forthcoming title.

I've not actually seen "Lucy" myself. In spite of it being directed by Luc Besson, I was rather put off by the reviews it has received. I take it from your comments above that you have seen it and weren't impressed. Is it as dire as some critics say it is?

I wouldn't go so far as to say dire - but if you regard Subway as a high water mark for Luc Besson - as I do - then this is swimming in the shallows.

Thanks for that confirmation on the forced subs.

Reactions: augustus
I wouldn't go so far as to say dire - but if you regard Subway as a high water mark for Luc Besson - as I do - then this is swimming in the shallows.

Thanks for that confirmation on the forced subs.

That's good enough for me. I'll give it a miss at the cinema and wait for it to appear on TV.

Thanks.

Nikita and Leon are both superior films to Subway, which without rose tinted glasses is very dated and shallow as a puddle. Lucy may not have as much style although it's definitely a Besson film, it wipes the floor with Subway in every other way. :) "IMO"

Nikita and Leon are both superior films to Subway, which without rose tinted glasses is very dated and shallow as a puddle. Lucy may not have as much style although it's definitely a Besson film, it wipes the floor with Subway in every other way. :) "IMO"

No rose-tinted glasses required to appreciate Subway; and I wouldn't argue that Nikita and Leon are very good films - but as the great man said - comparison is odious (especially in this case as they are light years apart in style and content. It's like comparing Rolls Royce with Porsche . . .
Subway is what it is - stylish, funny and of its period - it's a demonstration of Luc Besson at his best before he stopped taking the medication and came up with The Fifth Element :)
It's also the highest rated of all Luc Besson's films with both critics and the public.

I'm sorry, but with Lucy you come away thinking you just wasted 90 minutes of your life.

You come away from Subway feeling happy, relishing the sheer style and panache - it's a complete original, a one-off, whereas films like Lucy come along all the time.
One should never ignore that for Luc Besson, the style IS the substance of the films - sadly Lucy is one of his least sylish films.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: augustus
60635_217a62cb8d7ffec9011242a0b7099daf_gc-3-news11.jpg

Source : dvd-forum.at
Is this how the futurepack will look like? I have seen this as a prototype at Gamescom in Cologne in August, and they told me they were going to distribute it to publishers... but the preview image in this topic still looks different.

I really like the look of this, but €25 I might see if it gets a price drop. Great movie as well.

I actually think this looks decent with the embossing on the bottom left. They could have done with putting something on the back though and not leaving it plain.

Hmm, this is okay but I'll be sticking with my Zavvi Steelbook pre-order I think. Too expensive and nothing on the back.

Well ive saved money here! Same image on the front as on the left inside, plain back?! So many great things they could of done here! UK amaray it is unless a massive price drop!

Shame they didnt stick with the one found in this video:

Reactions: lgans316