Mad Max Fury Road: Black & Chrome Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

TheJoker

The Clown Prince Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jan 19, 2013
England
Release date: February 13, 2017 (first run) - July 24, 2017 (second run of 1000 copies)
Purchase link: Zavvi (second run of 1000 copies going live Saturday, June 3 at 12PM UK time).
Additional stock from European run offered to Zavvi. Live 11/1/2017.
Price: £15.99
Note: Includes colour theatrical cut

MM1.jpg

11373866-1664441587461121.jpg
11373866-1034439209485927.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't be deliberately obtuse Paul !!

You're trying to make out that I said something which I didn't, and gloss over it by pointing to this video which has no bearing on the matter, to prove you are right about something! If you can't see that, it's your problem, of course, but don't put words in my mouth!!

I did NOT say the Black and Chrome is the slash dupe which was created as a cheap copy for the score composer!

And, if you would for once actually READ the bloody thing properly, George Miller is quoted as saying the best version WAS the slash dupe - PAST TENSE! He is OBVIOUSLY talking there of when they were in the editing suite as THAT is the context of the piece fcs!!

That was NOT the article which he said was misquoted !!
The misquote was was an article about whether there would be more Max Max or not (I suggest you look it up) - as I said previously, but you are so intent on being right all the time you've put yourself out on a limb!

Now I suggest you climb down of your high horse and relax.

Tu lo comprendes ahora? !!
You must have not watched the video interview :p
Have a good day :rofl:

Yup, pity the poor director who knows not what he's doing and just look at how Walter Hill spoiled "The Warriors" with his crazy tinkering inserting comic book scene transition panels which were what he wanted for his own film but which most viewers hated (LOL)

RE: THIS RELEASE in one of the most interesting steelbooks I've seen in a while - IMO great to have the option of the two FURY ROAD films in one package - the difference between the regular orange and blue vs. the B&C is just SO different - like night and day in fact - and all we need now is the director's true and complete vision for his film and that's the B&C with no dialogue only the soundtrack - would have been nice to have that as option #3 to make the package as complete as possible.

Of course it's not for the first time that we have the same film twice in one package with the B&W being the director's preferred version . . . the most obvious recent example being the B&W edition of Frank Darabont's THE MIST which I personally do not prefer to the regular version.
upload_2017-2-11_22-25-8.png

Not just Arthouse and classic film noir that were made in B&W (for various reasons one being the cost of colour film stock vs. B&W stock and the other being the "mood" of the piece) but also modern landmark films with B&W giving a specific look that colour can't hope to capture - just watch RAGING BULL or THE ELEPHANT MAN or SCHINDLER'S LIST or THE LAST PICTURE SHOW or even YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN.

The idea of a B&W RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK may be a step too far for most people but IMO it's not totally absurd and I think it doesn't look half bad in this short clip.
http://flavorwire.com/181969/10-modern-movies-that-are-better-in-black-and-white

Same applies to a less obvious example - THE LAST SEDUCTION - which has similarities to classic film noir with its feisty heroine etc.
http://flavorwire.com/181969/10-modern-movies-that-are-better-in-black-and-white/4

I wouldn't dismiss modern-ish horror classics such as SILENCE OF THE LAMBS . . .
http://flavorwire.com/181969/10-modern-movies-that-are-better-in-black-and-white/9

. . . or HALLOW'EEN in B&W
http://flavorwire.com/181969/10-modern-movies-that-are-better-in-black-and-white/10

Roger Ebert, the famous film critic, wrote this In his wonderful 1989 essay “Why I Love Black and White", “There are basic aesthetic issues here. Colors have emotional resonance for us… Black and white movies present the deliberate absence of color. This makes them less realistic than color films (for the real world is in color). They are more dreamlike, more pure, composed of shapes and forms and movements and light and shadow. Color films can simply be illuminated. Black and white films have to be lighted. With color, you can throw light in everywhere, and the colors will help the viewer determine one shape from another, and the foreground from the background. With black and white, everything would tend toward a shapeless blur if it were not for meticulous attention to light and shadow .”

On the other side of the coin we have, shock horror (LOL), colourised B&W films coming from Ted Turner, Disney and others which have hardly been popular but have at the very least preserved films which might otherwise have been lost.
Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your point of view, I've only seen one of the several hundred B&W films that have been colourised - IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE (1946) - and that wasn't a painful experience at all.

• Thanks
Reactions: ASHGOON
You must have not watched the video interview :p
Have a good day :rofl:

Oh Paul :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::(:ohno::asshat:.

You ALWAYS have to be right , even when you're entirely wrong, and take things completely out of context. Or simply don't understand the context.

(context: the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, in terms of which it can be fuly understood.
i.e. The statement needs to be considered in the context of the time it relates to.

English Language 101

Now be a good lad and give it a rest.

I'm a big fan of b/w movies. If it's some classic Monster movie, Crime Noir or French New Wave. And it's not just b/w, when you go to buy black paint you also get offered like 40 black tones. It's about the correct lightning, the depth of the frames, the grey and beige tones. It's not just turning the colors down.
So I really can't wait that the Steel hit my mailbox to watch the movie in Black & Chrome. Super excited for this version!

So, wait.......what?

Is it the studio or the director that's responsible for the 'slash dupe'??!! :p

View attachment 292341

Tthe slash dupe was created in the editing suite before it was signed off, only as a cheap copy for the score composer's use. As I explained to Paul,who got the wrong end of the stick), that is where George Miller first saw the film in black and white and decided he preferred it ((in black and white), so much so that he then asked WB if they could add a B&W version of the film to the original home release. There wasn't room on the disc.

But the short answer is: The Director