Purchase link: Maleficent (sold-out)
Price: £24.99
Notes: 4,000 copies, Full gloss finish

01.jpg

02.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg
Maleficent.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's fair enough but I would hesitate before accepting the opinion of only one person even if they are a renowned film critic.

I prefer to go by imdb because although it's full of kiddies, the fanboys and the haters tend to cancel each other out when they dish out their 1/10 and 10/10 and the in betweeners give a more valid opinion - it scores 7.5 on imdb which is pretty good considering over 13.000 people have left their score.

I can recommend the Empire podcasts, they usually have 3 or 4 critics talking through the movie together, provides a good cross section of opinions. Latest one had 3 of them loving Godzilla whilst one guy hated it. One of the critics seems to be regularly berated for loving Attack of the Clones :hilarious:

Will look forward to hearing them discuss this particular movie.

Never stop voicing your opinion on the steelbooks. We have more value than it seems on the output of final products. HDN is the steebook center of the world. They most likely do have people reading our opinions. We've actually had steelbooks changed to due to our voice in the specific threads(Wreck-it-Ralph Zavvi for example). When we all have one cohesive voice, we can do things. We would have the most cost efficient steels possible (bare metal, matte, one disc, no interior art, printed banners and logos and data backs) for premium prices shipped in bubble mailers if we stayed quiet.

as a newbie it feels from what I have observed and learned from a lot of knowledgeable people that it basically comes down to what the studio wants to do and how much room they allow which is not much... so from observing many released in a period of 3 to 4 months and looking at people's comment, it seems that it's the most comments on a thread and I personally haven't seen, not even one change on the release I was looking people voice their opinion(in regards to the design of the steelbook itself).

It seems that maybe little finishing artwork like Kimchi listen but it has nothing to do with the core of the comments ''the steelbooks itself'' I haven't seen any changes, but in regards to the finishing touches like Kimchi may listen in regards to the bonus stuff and lenticular but again never seen a steelbook being changed because of comments. That is my own observation.

I don't feel it's with our opinions that we will make a difference but with our money... for example if most of the people who are not happy with a Zavvi release because of the steel, if nobody buys them it's when the studio will listen, but if we continue buying them and just ''crying'' about it i.e. it's not glossy or there's no title on the steel and spine etc... not much change would happen in that route I believe.

but again that is my personal opinion. companies listen with money 99% of the time.

Last edited:
I get what your saying but we've had designs changed before and will happen again. Its special case scenarios that are few and far between but why should we stay quiet when there is even the slightest chance it could make a difference.

Voicing opinion = x amount % chance
not voicing opinion = 0%

Also I would assume chances are greater when the steels haven't hit the factories yet which is definitely the case with this one.

faith-now-we-must-have.jpg

The movie was absolutely amazing! I love every minute of it. However, if you come to see a Disney movie and expecting it to have deep meanings, then it may disappoint you! Anyway, keeping my order! Glad I secured 2 copies before it sold out!

I get what your saying but we've had designs changed before and will happen again. Its special case scenarios that are few and far between but why should we stay quiet when there is even the slightest chance it could make a difference.

Voicing opinion = x amount % chance
not voicing opinion = 0%

Also I would assume chances are greater when the steels haven't hit the factories yet which is definitely the case with this one.

faith-now-we-must-have.jpg

You're right there is always a chance however small therefore everyone should always voice their opinion. The fact this has a title on the front and spine means maybe, just maybe Disney have listened to our complaints about the last few Disney/Marvel releases.

Saw this yesterday in the cinema and really enjoyed it. Will definitely be picking u the 3D BD

Saw this yesterday in the cinema too and I think it's worth owning in steelbook. However, I see it's sold out in Zavvi. Is anyone doing a group buy for this?

You're right there is always a chance however small therefore everyone should always voice their opinion. The fact this has a title on the front and spine means maybe, just maybe Disney have listened to our complaints about the last few Disney/Marvel releases.

At here we come to the crux of the matter, does everyone dislike titleless fronts? Some might prefer them not to have the title on the front, whilst others will prefer one.

Sure at a minimum I think it should have a title on the spine but that's just me.

It was nice, but i really did not like some of the cgi. Some of it was just to fake... Also I did not get why they use some sort of high frame rate.

Last edited: