Purchase link: Maleficent (sold-out)
Price: £24.99
Notes: 4,000 copies, Full gloss finish

01.jpg

02.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg
Maleficent.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Missed out on the zavvi because we only saw it this evening but there'll be a host of different steels from around the world i may even double dip on it it's that good a film.

OK So it seems like zavvi screw me on this one, i pre-ordered on the 28 and recieved an email confirmation, just decided to check my zavvi account page and couldnt find this in my Outstanding Orders, i then looked under order history and found it - "cancelled".

WTF :angry: i am not too happy right now.

I am happy this movie is getting the steelbook treatment, especially because I also have the Futureshop Exclusive Sleeping Beauty steelbook, but, the 24.99GBP price tag (with shipping, 25.98GBP) is complete overkill. It better be at the same quality level as the Sleeping Beauty release for that price. I pre-ordered before it sold out, but may cancel if the price doesn't drop. I am hoping for a Best Buy USA or Futureshop Canada exclusive announcement, which will be substantially cheaper.
The one thing Zavvi has going for it with this steelbook is the cover, I like it a lot. I don't have a lot of white steelbooks. I think it could look great if it is done right.

Reactions: psychoscot
I am happy this movie is getting the steelbook treatment, especially because I also have the Futureshop Exclusive Sleeping Beauty steelbook, but, the 24.99GBP price tag (with shipping, 25.98GBP) is complete overkill. It better be at the same quality level as the Sleeping Beauty release for that price. I pre-ordered before it sold out, but may cancel if the price doesn't drop. I am hoping for a Best Buy USA or Futureshop Canada exclusive announcement, which will be substantially cheaper.
The one thing Zavvi has going for it with this steelbook is the cover, I like it a lot. I don't have a lot of white steelbooks. I think it could look great if it is done right.

Doesn't matter if Zavvi do reduce the price, they will still charge you the original high price. That's why on steels that haven't sold out many cancel and reorder at the new cheaper price.

If you preordered this at £25, then that's what you will pay. :)

Reactions: steellogic
EEK!, thanks for the heads up. I wasn't aware of that. I have only ordered from Zavvi a few times, but not any pre-orders. I just assumed they would have a pre-order price guarantee like Amazon. My mistake.

Doesn't matter if Zavvi do reduce the price, they will still charge you the original high price. That's why on steels that haven't sold out many cancel and reorder at the new cheaper price.

If you preordered this at £25, then that's what you will pay. :)

If you order this at £25 and it changes to £20 before release you will pay £20 not £25 they do have pre order price promise

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

Pre-order Price Promise: Order this product with us today and if we reduce the price between taking your order and the release date, we will charge you the lower price! *terms & conditions apply

If you order this at £25 and it changes to £20 before release you will pay £20 not £25 they do have pre order price promise

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

Pre-order Price Promise: Order this product with us today and if we reduce the price between taking your order and the release date, we will charge you the lower price! *terms & conditions apply

I've ordered a fair few that had pre release price drops and they charged me the original price. Why do you think many cancel and reorder if not sold out. Like me they know they will be charged the original price. Their T&C aren't worth anything. :)

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

EEK!, thanks for the heads up. I wasn't aware of that. I have only ordered from Zavvi a few times, but not any pre-orders. I just assumed they would have a pre-order price guarantee like Amazon. My mistake.

Oh they say they have a guarantee in some items, but they aren't very good at honoring it.

Its very unlikely that there will be a price drop for this. There is no need for them to drop the price as it's already sold out!

Reactions: rpg
OK So it seems like zavvi screw me on this one, i pre-ordered on the 28 and recieved an email confirmation, just decided to check my zavvi account page and couldnt find this in my Outstanding Orders, i then looked under order history and found it - "cancelled".

WTF :angry: i am not too happy right now.

Got a BS support answer by Zavvi today, this company is just horrible.

Hello

Thank you for getting in touch.
I am very sorry that this order have been cancelled.
A system error occurred when trying to take payment for this order, and it was cancelled due to this.
We do our very best to make sure that errors like this do not happen, but unfortunately we are unable to guarantee that it wont. As the item is sold out, we are not able to place a new order for you.
I understand how frustrating this is, and sincerely apologise for the disappointment caused.
If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Dennis
Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

:angry:

Payment issue??? Unless using PayPal they shouldn't be taking payment for months yet!

Yet again more LIES by them! Sounds more like they are cancelling people's orders because they have accepted too many for the stock they will receive.

Reactions: PKAVFC
Payment issue??? Unless using PayPal they shouldn't be taking payment for months yet!

Yet again more LIES by them! Sounds more like they are cancelling people's orders because they have accepted too many for the stock they will receive.

Always used cc not paypal and i HAVE credit but payment error is just BS, i am keeping the disneys but with everything else they can go to hell.

Got a BS support answer by Zavvi today, this company is just horrible.

Hello

Thank you for getting in touch.
I am very sorry that this order have been cancelled.
A system error occurred when trying to take payment for this order, and it was cancelled due to this.
We do our very best to make sure that errors like this do not happen, but unfortunately we are unable to guarantee that it wont. As the item is sold out, we are not able to place a new order for you.
I understand how frustrating this is, and sincerely apologise for the disappointment caused.
If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Dennis

:angry:
not sure why that happened as I have an order for 1 on Card and 1 via paypal (just incase of payment issues nearer the time as Zavvi dont allow amendments *sigh*)

I questioned them and today i got another BS answer.

Hello
Thank you for getting in touch about your cancelled order.
As my colleague has advised, this was cancelled due to a system error.
Please check your spam and junk folder as you should have been informed of this.
I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.
Kind regards,
Nathan

"Please check your spam and junk folder as you should have been informed of this." - I just checked every folder available, nothing, should I laugh or cry...