Purchase link: Maleficent (sold-out)
Price: £24.99
Notes: 4,000 copies, Full gloss finish

01.jpg

02.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg
Maleficent.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This was hands down my favorite movie this year! But even as much as I adored, and absolutely loved this movie, I had to cancel my orders with Zavvi. To many bad experiences and I would rather not have this than to receive it damaged.

This was hands down my favorite movie this year! But even as much as I adored, and absolutely loved this movie, I had to cancel my orders with Zavvi. To many bad experiences and I would rather not have this than to receive it damaged.

Yeah same dude, I've cancelled this for the same reasons. Will maybe try and pick it up later if I can, and if it's not going for ridiculous prices.

Reactions: chunk and Bluprint
Can somebody help me understand ?

Maleficent is available ltd OOS with Zavvi but I don't mind as I don't purchase from Zavvi.

What I would like to Understand, This is a BIG Disney Movie shot in Native 3D(Real 3D ie: big money invested to shot it in real 3D)) and I cannot see other countries releasing is as well. Usually Big Blockbusters will get Steelbook treatments to other than zavvi even if they have the exclusivity in the UK, Disney will not lose money they will want more releases to sell. So why haven't I seen other country releasing a Steelbook of the movie OR an AMARAY 3D of the movie. It is not like Disney to pass up on making money.

Been watching and not seeing anything...

Maleficent is available ltd OOS with Zavvi but I don't mind as I don't purchase from Zavvi.

What I would like to Understand, This is a BIG Disney Movie shot in Native 3D(Real 3D ie: big money invested to shot it in real 3D)) and I cannot see other countries releasing is as well. Usually Big Blockbusters will get Steelbook treatments to other than zavvi even if they have the exclusivity in the UK, Disney will not lose money they will want more releases to sell. So why haven't I seen other country releasing a Steelbook of the movie OR an AMARAY 3D of the movie. It is not like Disney to pass up on making money.

It is available in a 3D amaray: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KL779CY/?tag=hidefnin-21

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Actarus

Might have something to do with this. Here you go........

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/11/us-amazon-com-walt-disney-idUSKBN0GB09Z20140811

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Actarus and Skog

Link to the Scandinavian four country Blu-ray 3D + 2D plastic case release at Discshop.fi, release date 2014-10-03.

I would imagine that Maleficent will be widely available on Blu-ray 3D.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Actarus

He said other countries.

Thank you so much, ok so whatever if Amazon does't en up carrying it didn't read whole article but it shows that it will be available somewhere on Amaray...and possibly steelbooks will pop up closer to release dates as some country has announced some, hopefully some Asian country will...

but thank you I now know it will be available will just need to keep an eye out to see where and what I will want to buy

Grateful for all your info/help on this :)

Last edited:
Thank you so much, ok so whatever if Amazon does't en up carrying it didn't read whole article but it shows that it will be available somewhere on Amaray...and possibly steelbooks will pop up closer to release dates as some country has announced some, hopefully some Asian country will...

but thank you I now know it will be available will just need to keep an eye out to see where and what I will want to buy

Grateful for all your info/help on this :)
Disney have a system known only to themselves regarding release dates on both new and 'vault' (archive) films; but basically they stagger releases and also limit some releases to a set time period or amount.
Disney oddly enough aren't always that interested in maximising profits - witness some very limited releases of 'vault' materials.

Uncle Walt was complicated - and so was/is the company he left . . . :)

Just Watched the Movie, loved the way Disney started with the Castle and the river in a different way I have never seen(The Magic Castle that we see at every beginning of a Disney Movie), I didn't know anything about the movie had avoided everything about wanted to watch it with no expectations, and loved loved loved it, will double and triple dip on that one...such a wonderful movie that makes you forget that you are actually watching one :emb:

I saw this just the other day and it is a magnificent film, beautifully shot and their could not be a better Maleificent than Anjie! I'm so glad I ordered the steelbooks. It was a blind pre-order, but I always pre-order first then cancel later. And 3D fcuk this will look even better in 3D.

Last edited: