Purchase link: Maleficent (sold-out)
Price: £24.99
Notes: 4,000 copies, Full gloss finish

01.jpg

02.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg
Maleficent.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the black design, im happy the zavvi copy turned out to be the same as spain as i cancelled originaly with zavvi because i hated the white artwork.

Is the embossing the same as the spanish copy?

And to be fair to zavvi, they have never really done wrong by me steelbook wise and on this and most other steelbook listings they do state *Artwork subject to change

I think partial refunds should be given out to ALL who ordered. Whether you are satisfied with the finally product or not, This is REALLY bad business on Zavvi's part and that would be an easy way to rectify the situation...Maybe the Mods can pass that idea along ;)

Or if you really dont like it, send it back for a refund and stop crying like babies :D

What? You dont want to send it back? You want to keep it but want money off - ah ok got ya! :hilarious:

Fairly certain that Zavvi will be reading this thread. :)

well you would think after GoG marvel/disney cock up they would have got there sh*t sorted out by now and actually opened a box when they recieved them and it would not surprise me if they get them a good 2 weeks before hand. How hard can that be to do open a box take a camera and if different photo it stick it up on there website???????? not rocket science is it.

also if maybe staff had asked a question and not got an answer out of contact they have, to say have asked a question but can't get an answer that may have set some peoples radar and alarm bells ringing as well as a thought. I did a post up about this back on oct 2nd asking this exact question.
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...zavvi-exclusive-uk.50266/page-25#post-1168207

not that i'm have ago about staff here at HDN they do the best they can with what there given but maybe when it comes to marvel/disney/zavvi releases we could consider nothing is certain and a little more mirco management could be worth the way forward but this takes zavvi to grab the bull by the horns because at the moment zavvi's trust rating is at an all time low now.

also for those that have copies they don't want of zavvis offering now cos they got spainish one or just upset, one sentence should cure all ills and that is
'trading standards and product not as described'

basil :thumbs:

I was defending the staff/mods and perhaps offering a suggestion to why no staff/mods hadn't contacted Zavvi for confirmation. I'm on your side. Only Zavvi and Disney are to blame for this cock up.

This is in no offence to the MODS/staff at HDN, but it seems Zavvi are so clear with you about the dates and times of flash sales and pre order dates, yet they cant tell HDN about crucial information like this.

I'm not implying HDN knew about the issue before hand, but Zavvi have created what will soon become a very negative thread through their own stupidity - and you cant reason with stupidity.

@PKAVFC , I understand your frustration as well as that of some other members. Contrary to the belief by some, we do not receive notice on 'every' pre-order live time, sale, code, etc. Decisions are made by all retailers as they need to make them-on their own time, and within a number of different departments. In cases where we 'do'receive advance info, it is shared if we can, and we always have done so. For those that ordered the Spanish Steelbook, or missed it from select retailers, there is plenty of raving about it in that thread. I didn't order any Steel of this film.

A general note to all members-we wish we had a crystal ball for all releases by all retailers, but that's never been the case, and never will be due to the number of moving parts in the entire Steelbook art process (which can be very different by studio/retailer). Our site operates independently of retailers' operations, and we have no control over the info or timing of info, that is made available to us. Though we did follow up with them to see if any info was available on the art change, we can't double check all of the 100's of releases that are announced every week around the world, between Steels, Digis, Limited eds,etc covered in our community, 'ahead of shipping' and 'just to see if there are planned art changes'.

As I mentioned earlier today, if other info becomes available, we will post. In the meantime, the choice whether to keep the item or not is always yours, and of course anyone has the right to contact any retailer to complain. Meantime, please don't kill the messengers :thumbs: (Save that for the 'Last Horror Movie watched' Halloween celebration, please:)

Last edited:
I do also think that Zavvi should have communicated with the customers before dispatching a totally different steelbook.
But in this case this "different steelbook" is such an unique piece of work that I'm still happy!

Reactions: digitalbabe
Just got home and opened my mail and was slightly shocked at first because i hadnt been on the forum and seen the different artwork. So at first i was like what the, i was expecting the White steelbook. But this is a big suprise for me as i really did prefer the black steelbook. Angelina's eyes really stand out, and i love it. I understand people are gonna be pissed, but im happy with the suprise and agree zavi should have notified people first than send a product out thats not as descibed. these kinda cock ups are rare aswell just like the play.com iron man steelbooks with different inside artwork.

The general impression I get from the comments here is a mix if naivety and opportunism. It is a little naive to trust customer service employees (we often know more than they do about Steelbooks), especially those who work for a company that is generally distrusted on this forum. On the other hand, I think some are going to use this as a chance to claw a few pounds back. If it's such a big deal no less than a refund is acceptable but I don't think many will be returning their copies.

Zavvi always cover their backsides by adding a disclaimer about artwork to their listings anyway, so I don't think there is any obligation from a legal view.

I accidentally thanked your post. Wish I could have it removed. I don't know about you, but they had them in hands and shipped to customers and still have the white listing up. That's BS. They are liars.

I accidentally thanked your post. Wish I could have it removed. I don't know about you, but they had them in hands and shipped to customers and still have the white listing up. That's BS. They are liars.
FYI, you can easily remove your rating nowadays. If the "Undo rating" link doesn't appear immediately after thanking a post, refresh the page and it'll be there.

Nearly time to leave work; here's hoping the steelbook has been delivered today!!! As much as I hate the fact there's no back art on this, the front of this steelbook does look amazing, and want it in hand to be able to appreciate it after seeing the picture of it so many times now.
Won't be watching the movie tonight though (did really enjoy it when I caught it at the cinema..) as i'll be watching the WBA/United game instead...

Reactions: Kizza
You don't ship out a product advertising it as white when you know its black. Anyone who is defending this better take a good look in the mirror. Currently cancelling the rest of my orders with zavvi.

Trust with zavvi is non existent from now on. This one is the final straw.

If not happy, you can ask for it to be returned as it was NOT what was advertised when you bought it, then they will have to give you a refund AND cover the cost of return postage (this is stated in their own T&C's.)

If enough people do this, it will end up costing them more than if they were honest in the first place and told the truth so as not to risk the wraith of mass cancellations. This way they will be down the cost of the sale of the Steelbook AND the return postage costs.

It would serve them right and maybe they might learn something from it for next time...