thedefector

Premium Supporter
Apr 5, 2012
UK
Release date: December 2nd, 2013
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Zavvi.com
Price: £22.50 (Amazon) - £24.99 £9.99 (Zavvi)
91E8jgcKSnL._SL1500_.jpg

Per Blu-Devil:
Man Of Steel has been announced for the UK. Artwork is as the German Edition.
It will be 2D/3D BD.
Pre order goes live this coming Friday (23rd) and release date is 2nd December.
Looks to be a store wide release.

Source:

movies-man-of-steel-steelbook-cover.jpg

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 349
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 414
Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't the '3D' be added to the title in the OP so everyone knows first hand that it's included?

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Cheers, I somehow mised that!
At least it doesn't show 3D in the title like the german one.

It looks like it doesn't have the 3D in the title because the 3D version of the film is not included for the UK Steelbook release. :dunno:

If you look closely at the digitalspy photos, it only mentions 3D for the combo pack photo.

It looks like it doesn't have the 3D in the title because the 3D version of the film is not included for the UK Steelbook release. :dunno:

If you look closely at the digitalspy photos, it only mentions 3D for the combo pack photo.

From the facebook page

We are delighted to announce that ‪#‎MANOFSTEEL‬ will arrive onto Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray 3D Steelbook, Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital Download on 2nd December 2013

Man really hoping the USA gets one too since our release will be a month earlier then the UK if Wally world can make it happen

It would be so messed up if it wasn't a Steelbook! So messed up! It better be! You UK guys are so lucky you don't have to deal with what we have to. We're the Third-World of Steelbooks! :hilarious:

It would be so messed up if it wasn't a Steelbook! So messed up! It better be! You UK guys are so lucky you don't have to deal with what we have to. We're the Third-World of Steelbooks! :hilarious:

The third-world of SteelBooks sums it up!

At least we know that this Steel would have all English text on it. I'm trying to take any little win I can with this. :)

BTW, will this be on Amazon or Zavvi?

While Walmart tries to get their ____ together, people are ordering from other countries. America should lead the world in SteelBooks. Sadly we don't. The retailers here seem more interested in getting exclusive deals than getting SteelBooks in our hands.

While Walmart tries to get their ____ together, people are ordering from other countries. America should lead the world in SteelBooks. Sadly we don't. The retailers here seem more interested in getting exclusive deals than getting SteelBooks in our hands.

And why should America lead the world in steelbooks exactly?? Strange comment!?!?

Reactions: Hussun
I think I'll forego the steelbook for Man of Steel. I know, it's sacrilege! But I want that collectors edition tbh and there's no sense in forking out for both. This can be the pride of my collection. Already got the awesome soundtrack with steel case and the hardback artwork book so that would go nicely with them. :scat:

Wish we had a choice of content. I'm not interested in 3D at all but understand that a lot of people are. They should release both editions with the 2D at a lower price. ;)

Suppose I can sell the 3D disc to get abit of money back.

Reactions: Hussun
The third-world of SteelBooks sums it up!

At least we know that this Steel would have all English text on it. I'm trying to take any little win I can with this. :)

BTW, will this be on Amazon or Zavvi?

Man of Steel is Warner and most of them are trade-wide releases, ao i can't see this being an exclusive, and deffinately not an ES exclusive as they so far only work with Paramount ;)