Man of Steel (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Illustrated Artwork) (Amazon Exclusive) [Germany]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: December 7, 2017 December 14, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €14.99
Artwork:

91sLNcQBwYL._SL1500_.jpg 91LWsSzx-ZL._SL1500_.jpg 91boIHU8+9L._SL1500_.jpg 81cKuqncFGL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Steel 2 is currently in development with Matthew Vaughn rumoured to have been approached to direct.

Read that yesterday. Would be cool, man of steel is my favourite in the DCEU and I think the sequel should of come before BvS

Also read he wants to direct a fantastic four film as an apology after the last one

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Read that yesterday. Would be cool, man of steel is my favourite in the DCEU and I think the sequel should of come before BvS

Also read he wants to direct a fantastic four film as an apology after the last one

Matthew Vaughn for F4? Interesting but it would be better if F4 goes back to Marvel.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Matthew Vaughn for F4? Interesting but it would be better if F4 goes back to Marvel.

Agree and agree

I didn't realise he produced F4. And it seems he's just as annoyed as everyone else with the way it turned out

Id be happy with him making a man of steel 2 or F4 reboot reboot (lol)

Mind you I laugh, same thing happened with spidey but then I love the Garfield versions and the new one (as well as maguires S2)

View attachment 334725

Gloss, beauty in hand. Long time since I seen gloss purple goodness. Back is same art black and white. Pretty cool.

Feel free to credit Hi-Def Ninja

Wait... people are complaining about this? That's Jim freakin' Lee art! As in the same Jim Lee who's been drawing Supes in comics for the past decade. If you don't like it as a SteelBook collector, that's fine... but actual comic book fans are gonna go crazy over this release! That's a beauty! :drool:

Reactions: rj531 and Noodles
Wait... people are complaining about this? That's Jim freakin' Lee art! As in the same Jim Lee who's been drawing Supes in comics for the past decade. If you don't like it as a SteelBook collector, that's fine... but actual comic book fans are gonna go crazy over this release! That's a beauty! :drool:

As a comic book fan and fan of illustrated drawings etc it's amazing but I'd like an illustrated steel for man of steel to resemble Henry cavil. A bit like the current Wonder Woman illustrated steel does look a bit like her. And a reason I love the Logan illustrated steel because to me it looks like jackman.
Same goes for any illustrated steel art I like.
But this makes it look like a animated feature for part of the DC animated films (which all have great art work like son of batman, assault on Arkham, killing joke etc)

There is a Batman v superman illustrates steel coming also right? Im sure i saw a listing on amazon.de

Yeah and suicide squad. Interested to see how they turn out. Mostly SS because I don't own that yet but if the illustrated art turns out as the comic versions then I won't be too sure

Love Jim Lee but this doesn't match the WW art. The WW art was based on the movie. This has no connection to the actual movie. Just a comic related piece of art. Probably will pass on this.

Agree and agree

I didn't realise he produced F4. And it seems he's just as annoyed as everyone else with the way it turned out

Id be happy with him making a man of steel 2 or F4 reboot reboot (lol)

Mind you I laugh, same thing happened with spidey but then I love the Garfield versions and the new one (as well as maguires S2)

I like watching Superhero movies. It's like comicbooks, some are great and some are head-scratchers...lol

Reactions: Flloydo
Man of Steel 2 is currently in development with Matthew Vaughn rumoured to have been approached to direct.

I had heard rumours of a Superman sequel but with all of the Batman sequel talk (Ben is directing, Ben isn't directing but starring, Ben won't be in it at all, Ben will be in it...) I just figured that Warner Brothers don't know what they want anymore. Now it's "let's rush a Joker movie, Harley Quinn movie" and on and on.

Love Jim Lee but this doesn't match the WW art. The WW art was based on the movie. This has no connection to the actual movie. Just a comic related piece of art. Probably will pass on this.

I don't think these releases have anything to do with the comic art on the North American "exclusive" Wonder Woman steelbook. This is a listing and thread for a release at Amazon in Germany.

So I don't think there was ever any intent or need to connect to the art on Wonder Woman.

I could be wrong. That's just how I see it.

For me ... I loved MOS from the theaters, and will buy multiples and have .... I however will not buy more than 1 to 2 editions of Suicide Squad and Batman vs. Superman and own 1 of each so far only ... passed on all premium editions for them too. The better the film to me the more I open up the wallet lol.

I bought the Man Of Steel steelbook. I bought the Batman v Superman steelbook before ever seeing the movie because I liked the art. I have never seen the theatrical version (because I never did hear anything good about it)
I checked out the Extended Cut blu-ray from my local library and I found it decent enough.

If I hadn't liked the movie I would have returned the steelbook.

Suicide Squad? Never liked the art for this steelbook, hate the green, never saw it in the theatre.
Again I checked out the Extended Cut blu-ray from my local library and I hated it. Hated the look of the Joker, hated Jared Leto as the Joker and I will never own this movie or a steelbook for it.

However I found Margot Robbie a nice surprise in it. Not because of looks (I didn't think she looked very good in the movie). I know nothing about the Harley Quinn character in comics but I thought Margot was good in this movie, seemed clever and had some good moments and lines. I wasn't expecting much from her and I thought all of the talk about her being good in the movie (before I saw it) was just going to be because there was a woman in a skimpy outfit in it.

I really like that Superman: The Movie poster or cover or whatever it's from.

I saw Superman II in theatres 20 times (knew the words by heart) and it was my favourite movie up until 1985.
I would love to own a good looking Superman II steelbook. But not the Richard Donner cut :vomit:.

Having said that, Richard Donner has always been one of my favourite directors.

Actually I would also love a steelbook of Superman: The Movie but with what I believe was the teaser poster for it which was that great logo and that phrase:

"You'll believe a man can fly"

superman-movie-poster.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: digitalbabe
I don't think these releases have anything to do with the comic art on the North American "exclusive" Wonder Woman steelbook. This is a listing and thread for a release at Amazon in Germany.

So I don't think there was ever any intent or need to connect to the art on Wonder Woman.

I could be wrong. That's just how I see it.

Art for German WW illustrated steel will be the same as NA version.

Art for German WW illustrated steel will be the same as NA version.

I wasn't sure if that was going to be the case. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Well that's really unfortunate for Germany then.

But then again I guess this probably means a less expensive version of this steelbook since (I'm guessing) that none of these Amazon releases have 4K in them.

I wasn't sure if that was going to be the case. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Well that's really unfortunate for Germany then.

But then again I guess this probably means a less expensive version of this steelbook since (I'm guessing) that none of these Amazon releases have 4K in them.

Yes. Those poor Germans lol

• Thanks
Now that all 4 in this mini wave of DC Illustrated steelbooks have been revealed in all their glory (or otherwise . . . depending on you POV) I'd say that 2 look just fine and the other 2 less so.
The two I like the look of:-
upload_2017-9-28_11-52-42.png
upload_2017-9-28_11-53-18.png

The other two somewhat less:-
upload_2017-9-28_11-54-44.png
upload_2017-9-28_11-55-21.png

Prices unsurprisingly all over the place with WW priced at 25, the two Superman steels at 15 and SS at 20.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
Now that all 4 in this mini wave of DC Illustrated steelbooks have been revealed in all their glory (or otherwise . . . depending on you POV) I'd say that 2 look just fine and the other 2 less so.
The two I like the look of:-
View attachment 336191 View attachment 336192
The other two somewhat less:-
View attachment 336193 View attachment 336194

Prices unsurprisingly all over the place with WW priced at 25, the two Superman steels at 15 and SS at 20.

Is it confirmed that the WW will be exactly the same as US BestBuy or not? Especially the back side, I would prefer the US back artwork rather than black and white front art again ( If it will be same concept as Man Of Steel )