Maniac Cop (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Arrow Video) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: 30-06-2014
Price: £17.99
Purchase Links: Purchase here (Live Saturday 6pm UK time)

Limited to 2000 copies only!

Notes:
In collaboration with the ever-brilliant Arrow Video who are celebrating their 5th Anniversary, Zavvi are pleased to announce the first 2 of 5 extremely Limited Steelbook Releases!

10955500-1399637609-181985.jpg

Attachments

• 10955500-1399637609-182228.jpg
    10955500-1399637609-182228.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 302
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 285
Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine. Love Arrow steelbooks and the great booklets that come with them. Throw in a bit of Bruce Campbell and it's a must buy.

I just ordered this, I have no idea what this movie it's about but I am a huge sucker for the 2000 limited copies thing.
:D

Thanks, but i meant the other three of the five announcements Zavvi will be making lol... ;)
I didn't know there was a sequel/remake in the works though :D

1)Day of the Dead
2)Maniac Cop

3)Arrow Video ?
4)Arrow Video ?
5)Arrow Video ?

Phenomena is one of them as far as I know

Its like Disney keeps you guessing

Look at the Arrow Video Catalogue as in Titles still available
Note Deleted titles or lost rights releases not possible

What ones you like see released

what's your top arrow video releases you like to see get a Steelbook release that's possible to be released

My wanted Arrow Video releases not already given a Steelbook
are
Deadly Blessing
City of the Living Dead
Obsession
The Stuff
The People Under the Stairs
The Killers
The Fury
Deranged
Dressed to Kill
Knightriders
The Delta Force
Caligula
The Funhouse
The House by the Cemetery
Who Dares Wins
The Exterminator
The Wild Geese

New Arrow Video Blu-ray release later this year
I want steelbooks releases
Mona Lisa
The Long Good Friday

Last edited:
Reactions: severo
1)Day of the Dead
2)Maniac Cop

3)Arrow Video ?
4)Arrow Video ?
5)Arrow Video ?

Phenomena is one of them as far as I know

Its like Disney keeps you guessing

Look at the Arrow Video Catalogue as in Titles still available
Note Deleted titles or lost rights releases not possible

What ones you like see released

what's your top arrow video releases you like to see get a Steelbook release that's possible to be released

My wanted Arrow Video releases not already given a Steelbook
are
Deadly Blessing
City of the Living Dead
Obsession
The Stuff
The People Under the Stairs
The Killers
The Fury
Deranged
Dressed to Kill
Knightriders
The Delta Force
Caligula
The Funhouse
The House by the Cemetery
Who Dares Wins
The Exterminator
The Wild Geese

New Arrow Video Blu-ray release later this year
I want steelbooks releases
Mona Lisa
The Long Good Friday

wouldn't suprise me if mona lisa and the long good friday are in the 5

Maniac Cop is good and all. Wish Arrow would stop trying to flog steelbooks of films easily bought cheap. Dawn of the Dead amaray is now OOP, and seeing as how steelbooks are supposed to be special editions, this would make the ultimate Arrow release.

Maniac Cop is good and all. Wish Arrow would stop trying to flog steelbooks of films easily bought cheap. Dawn of the Dead amaray is now OOP, and seeing as how steelbooks are supposed to be special editions, this would make the ultimate Arrow release.

Any title Arrow Video don't have the rights to are not possible

Only Already Available are possible were they still have the rights to and new releases they get the rights to

Dawn of the Dead not possible as Arrow no longer have distribution rights and its not possible to get the rights again

i don't think any of the future release titles will be in the 5 - these will come extra as non-exclusives, no doubt.

from the catalogue titles, if i should pick just 2, it would be:

house by the cemetery

dressed to kill

(would make i nice set together with maniac cop, day of the dead and phenomena. )

Last edited:
Dear Zavvi Team,

You had me at "Maniac Cop"!

BLIND BUY but Im ALL IN! I have been meaning to watch this film, and the sequals, so it's Good Timing! And Thats Right, bring on the limited print runs Zavvi! :scat:

Second thoughts only because of the Artwork...the word BLAND comes to mind...

But I'm sure Zavvi will 'Spice it up' with a border and misaligned/embossed title :hilarious:

But I'm gunna roll with it, as long as there is NoDings & NoScratches! :hilarious:

not shore why campbell hates this film, its 10 times better than evil dead,
this is a real 80,s classic

Evil Dead was DIY filming. Very new and inventive in terms of what they tried to attempt. MC was just bad, poor script, badly made, badly acted and was destroyed by critics and fans when it came out. It became a cult hit on VHS. Campbell pretty much dismisses it as nothing more than a paycheck. I liked it as a kid, but in a so bad it's hilarious way. :D

Seem to remember it being piss poor, a lot of people don't remember that a great many of these so called video nasties classics from the 80's were actually crap, this being one, I'm torn between keeping my order as arrow do put a lot of effort into their releases and just cancelling it

Edit... Cancelled, have too many pre-orders as it is and as nice as it will be, I promised myself I would only buy steels if I like the film and I will watch it more than once, Maniac Cop, I don't and I won't

Last edited:
Seem to remember it being piss poor, a lot of people don't remember that a great many of these so called video nasties classics from the 80's were actually crap, this being one, I'm torn between keeping my order as arrow do put a lot of effort into their releases and just cancelling it

Arrow Video releases are worth getting just for the extras alone even when the film can be not the best

They put a lot of effort in releasing very good extras

I love majority of their releases they give you value for your money