Martin Ansin Chat Thread

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
The Martin Ansin Chat Thread.

For all thing's Martin Ansin you've come to the right place!

ANSIN-MANOFSTEEL-R-PRESS.jpg

Scott-Pilgrim-vs.-The-World-Screen-Print-by-Martin-Ansin.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/SpankyStokes/TrustPigs/MondoThor.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I am glad the lady explained that to me, as I almost jumped on framing more prints even though it would be a different frame than we use and I don't have the funds. They are really tricky with their sales and designed to lure people in. She did explain that anybody that gets multiple things framed can get the same deal every time. So, I can now get the 60% + 10% deal anytime I take 3-4 prints in. :thumbs:

I still think paying $115 for my print is a good deal. Much cheaper than I expected, and I didn't go in for the sale, they just happened to be having it. Also, after I made my purchase, my receipt came with a 40% off custom framing coupon which the lady said could be used to stack on top of another deal. Not sure if that's accurate or not but I did ask the question.

Reactions: roseart
$115 seems pricey to me for a standard size print. Take this into perspective:

Every print I've framed so far has been either a 24x36 or an 18x24. I go to hobby lobby every other week for their 50% frames. I buy a frame I like for around $25-$30, I buy UV glass with the 40% coupon for ~ $22, acid free backing is $8 for 24x36, and two matts run me an average of $24. That's $84 out the door, being generous with my estimates.

Obviously I have to put it together myself.

$115 seems pricey to me for a standard size print. Take this into perspective:

Every print I've framed so far has been either a 24x36 or an 18x24. I go to hobby lobby every other week for their 50% frames. I buy a frame I like for around $25-$30, I buy UV glass with the 40% coupon for ~ $22, acid free backing is $8 for 24x36, and two matts run me an average of $24. That's $84 out the door, being generous with my estimates.

Obviously I have to put it together myself.

Of course having a store do it for you is going to be more expensive. The point isn't having them do it for you is cheaper- the point is they're having a sale so if you're going to spend x amount of dollars to get it framed, now is a good time to do it. Doing something yourself will almost always be cheaper.