Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 SE (PS3/XBox 360 Steelbook) [North America & UK]

Jan 29, 2010
Saw this on Kotaku. Gamestop has it up for pre-order already.
Available for PS3 and Xbox 360

I am a fan of the series (even though I am not very good) and will be getting this without a doubt.
Looks like it comes with one month of digital comics subscription and 2 DLC characters so it might not be a bad idea to get this over the regular edition. Gamestop also has free console decals.

500x_-1_01.jpg

MVC31.jpg

MVC32.jpg

MVC33.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I preordered this a while ago at the mall. Can't wait til it releases, this will be my first video game SteelBook! Thanks OP for the heads up on this preorder.

I am pretty sure they are always G1 for Xbox and rarely G2 for PS3. I have a 360 so It doesn't matter to me but the picture looks like both are G2

Hmmmm in that pic I see nothing xbox. Just saying, cause I see a ps3 disc on the inside of the steelbook that is all. Btw, most all ps3 steelbooks have always been G2, only Dragon Origins and that MGS4 bonus disc thing I believe were G1.

I own ...

007 Quantum of Solace
Dead Rising 2
Bad Company (french)
MW2
Black Ops

All G2. Both Star Wars and Mafia II are G2 too.

I'll find out if its G1 or G2, but just saying.

Hmmmm in that pic I see nothing xbox. Just saying, cause I see a ps3 disc on the inside of the steelbook that is all. Btw, most all ps3 steelbooks have always been G2, only Dragon Origins and that MGS4 bonus disc thing I believe were G1.

I own ...

007 Quantum of Solace
Dead Rising 2
Bad Company (french)
MW2
Black Ops

I just took the PS3 picture from Gamestop. I only own Splinter Cell conviction and Gears 2 steebooks but like I said, 360 are DVD sized.

I own ...

007 Quantum of Solace
Dead Rising 2
Bad Company (french)
MW2
Black Ops

Just for future reference, majority of companies that make multiplatform games usually advertise the Xbox version first. So there's a high probability that this is indeed the xbox version in G1 and the PS3 is most likely G2. Capcom will probably do a G2, they did it for Dead Rising 2, I don't see why they wouldn't for MvC3.

Now who wants to get their butt kicked first in MvC3? :p

Just for future reference, majority of companies that make multiplatform games usually advertise the Xbox version first. So there's a high probability that this is indeed the xbox version in G1 and the PS3 is most likely G2. Capcom will probably do a G2, they did it for Dead Rising 2, I don't see why they wouldn't for MvC3.

Now who wants to get their butt kicked first in MvC3? :p

You are indeed right, but the reason why i was saying this was because if you are a ps3 fiend like me you are quick to spot the ps3 labeled on the disc. So that is why I first saw PS3 and then G1

However, I did get info that this is just a mock up since obviously this release is so far out ... that being said, they used G1 since xbox will have that. Though PS3 should have G2.