Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 26th, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live around 6pm UK time on Sunday 20th November)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 1,000

11356857-2134432179334653.jpg

11356857-1214432179387708.jpg 11356857-1764432179486612.jpg 11356857-7284432179446898.jpg

Last edited:
580x384-z-wk46-ch-Frankenstein_Steelbook_ART_Exclusive-122653.jpg

MARY SHELLEY'S FRANKENSTEIN STEELBOOK

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray!

Limited to just 1000 copies!

39% on rotten tomatoes. cancelling mine immediately. the way people were talking here was as if it were a timeless classic

Easy pass on this. Would rather have the Karloff Frankenstein (hint hint Zoom!)
Yes, agree about the Karloff and hopefully "Dracula" and "The Mummy" steelbooks sell sufficient quantities at Zoom to persuade Universal to commission steelbooks for the other 6 in their Classic Monsters Collection (even though one of the six has already had a non-slipcase steelbook release already).
Anyway, pre-ordered this as I didn't buy the Amaray when it came out about a year ago and only vaguely remember if from TV viewings a good while ago.

Maybe not a "Wow" steelbook but it's the best artwork out there for this title (IMO).

I never go by rotten tomatoes ratings to make a decision on a purchase
I decide for myself some releases that are brilliant have low ratings on that site it's a waste of web space IMO

• Thanks
Reactions: Steelselecta
lol i would gamble if there weren't a long list of other titles on pre order that im getting, so in these circumstances i have to rely on reviews/popular opinion

39% on rotten tomatoes. cancelling mine immediately. the way people were talking here was as if it were a timeless classic
In this case, Rotten Tomatoes is just about right. The creation scene, with Branagh strutting around in pleather pants and oily torso . . . oh man, it was just bad. The lameness of this steelbook is a good match for the film. :)

Looking at ratings sometimes helps but everyone's tastes are different. There are some films that are in the 80%+ which I hate and vice versa.
I do look to get a rough idea of what the rest of the world thinks but even if it has a low rating I usually still check it out to make my own mind up.
Some films I love have terrible ratings and can never work out why.

I personally loved this when I was younger and I mentioned before that it bridged the gap for me between childish monsters to more serious darker monsters. I would say alien and this done that to me.

Haven't seen it in years though and I really can't stand that art which is a shame

It was on ITV 24 a few weeks back and that was the first time I'd ever seen it and it was very poor. I think the rotten tomatoes assessment is about right.

I'm trying to remember what this film was about when I saw this many years ago. I ordered one to relive the childhood years. Been 'zavvied' full price on this one! @Flloydo

Lol been 'zavvied' a couple of times recently because I had a hunch they may sell out (hellboy, space Jam, ghost busters) and a few coming like agent carter 2 but hey ho and a code was used with them all anyway.
Have a feeling at least 2 of those will drop (SJ & GB) but no biggie.

Be interesting to see how this does just a shame about the art