• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Pre-order: September 2
Release date: October 15
Price: 34.99$ (Promotion price for 3 days)
Buy links:
Memento - Kimchidvd Exclusive Lenticular Edition
Memento - Kimchidvd Exclusive Full Slip Edition

Package detail: See below
Local and Overseas

Live for pre-order at (times):

Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California) Monday, 1 September 2014, 22:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
New York (U.S.A. - New York) Tuesday, 2 September 2014, 01:00:00 EDT UTC-4 hours
Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Monday, 1 September 2014, 22:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
Montreal (Canada - Quebec) Tuesday, 2 September 2014, 01:00:00 EDT UTC-4 hours
London (United Kingdom - England) Tuesday, 2 September 2014, 06:00:00 BST UTC+ 1 hour
Paris (France) Tuesday, 2 September 2014, 07:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
Frankfurt (Germany - Hesse) Tuesday, 2 September 2014, 07:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
Prague (Czech Republic) Tuesday, 2 September 2014, 07:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
Hong Kong (Hong Kong) Tuesday, 2 September 2014, 13:00:00 HKT UTC+8 hours
Taipei (Taiwan) Tuesday, 2 September 2014, 13:00:00 CST UTC+8 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Tuesday, 2 September 2014, 05:00:00

Here is Memento package shot
1) Lenticular package (1300 copies)
2) Full slip package (1300 copies)
3) 1/4 slip non-exlusive package

Pre-order date & price will be announced next week

Lenticular Edition (1300 copies):

10531252_1588884411338770_850310102720728645_o.jpg

Full-Slip Edition (1300 copies):

10507064_1588884561338755_1752972550848847898_o.jpg

1/4-Slip:

10577160_1588884671338744_1779424754378400059_n.jpg

Please choose SteelBook artwork (vote on Kimchidvd's Facebook page):

TYPE A
momento-a-jpg.83452

TYPE B
momento-b-jpg.83453

TYPE C
momento-c-jpg.83454

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions
Old info:
Type A
14-jpg.73123

Type B
2_9-jpg.73124

Type C
2_4-jpg.73125

Attachments

• ??? ???14.jpg
    ??? ???14.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 16,794
  • ??? ??2_9.jpg
    ??? ??2_9.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 16,295
  • ??? ??2_4.jpg
    ??? ??2_4.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 16,231
  • Momento-A.jpg
    Momento-A.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 17,091
  • Momento-B.jpg
    Momento-B.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 16,401
  • Momento-C.jpg
    Momento-C.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 17,384
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 913
Last edited by a moderator:
sorry guys if i write it here, but anyone of you know where's the thread about steelbook protection, plexi shells, plastic bags, etc.?
I remember it was pretty well highlighted before the new site layout, but now I really can't find it, even with a search (maybe just 'cause i don't remember the name of the thread)

I never buy anything from ebay private sellers on principles there not a registered business and don't pay tax
I on rare occasions will buy from likes of Zavvi-outlet and entertainment store as there official companies and are a registered business

I cant print what I think of private sellers here in full detail and not the place to do so

I wanted the Full Slip but was sold out and was left with no choice but to order the Lenticular instead of the Full Slip Yesterday

I could have today order the Full Slip Today but that would have meant buying 2 versions with the same steelbook and as you pay up front there is not an option to change your order to a different one
That was caused only by not been told in advance of the correct print run before it went live yesterday
I never ever buy 2 versions a full slip and Lenticular of any same steelbook release unless its a different artwork on a steelbook itself and also from a different company

I have never sold any of my collection ever and been collecting films since the early 80's and will never ever be seen selling on ebay ever

If others wish to sell on ebay that's their choice and right but its not something I approve off for various reasons especially as I was in the retail business for years

Enjoy your beautiful steelbook Paul, I love your videos! ;)

One of my favorite movies. I slept in so no one but to blame but myself on missing the full slip. I'm very happy I got the lenti slip though. There's a silver lining to everything :)

Last edited:
Missed the Fullslip..i had to order with my smartphone..worked good but when i was in the last check. OOS
Not that bad at all..

wow some serious people on this thread , its meant to be a hobby collecting these but people seem to get slated cuz they where up at correct time and wanted 1 of each for there collection.:yawn:

Currently overseas and missed out on this twice. Might be sour grapes, but I'm starting to feel Kimchi exclusives are too much effort. The exclusives are nice, but the quality control on the Steels themselves is pretty poor. I'm not an OCD collector and I open all my Steels, but after Leon, I haven't received a single Kimchi exclusive in mint condition (usually scratches or in the case of Infernal Affairs, weird defects due to the gloss).

This I can live with, but it's the whole process to buy them and the aftermath that I find so frustrating. I mean, this isn't like trying for Blufans stuff in which the entire system itself is flawed. This is just buying from a regular online store that I assume at this point does a decent amount of business, and yet each and every time it's a mad scramble. And then afterwards the scalpers put their wares up on eBay for crazy, like seriously crazy mark ups and the rest of us come here to HDN to gloat or cry. I just don't know if it's worth it anymore.

well this steel was very easy to get. the site didnt lag at all and it didnt sell out for over an hour. no effort on my part

Same here! I didn't set my alarm, just went to HDN, saw it was live, couldn't decide which one I wanted - bought both. No effort at all. In the afternoon the lenticular again was live for half an hour or so. I understand the frustration of some people, but this steelbook was available and cancellations will go live again and everybody who seriously wants one will find one on HDN or on ebay - even without paying scalper prices! If it's only about the steelbook, the 1/4 slip will be available soon as well! Sometimes it seems as if people are moaning for the sake of moaning....

Today I talked with kimchidvd about future stock plan for Memento.

As matter of fact, allocated quantity in local store looks not sold out yet,

after 1 or 2 weeks, Kimchidvd will take out all quantity from local store then put all stock on kimchidvd.com for who missed this

I will post more info if Kimchidvd confirm the rest of final live quantity.

I'm hope everyone that wants one will get a third chance to buy. I do empathise with Futurhythm; when kimchidvd's steelbooks go on sale at odd hours and sell out in 20 minutes, only for hundreds to appear on ebay after release, it must be annoying. I'll be looking forward to seeing the photos HDN members post, I'm wondering if I'll change my mind on this one.

I'm sure they will come back in stock so not to worry guys.

Also third party re-sellers on Ebay will eventually sell this for cost to re-coup. Same thing has happened with Perfume and Pianist.

Is this a new strategy from Kimchidvd to make their products more interesting? I think that would not be necessary, because their releases are great and all will sell out in the long run.

Is this a new strategy from Kimchidvd to make their products more interesting? I think that would not be necessary, because their releases are great and all will sell out in the long run.
I explain what happens.

After Rush release, Kimchidvd put more than half of print run on kimchidvd. So Most of Korean collectors is mad that the allocated quantity in local store is much smaller than oversea allocated quantity.

Like Plainarchive put same number copies into EN and KR store. Most of KR collectors complained this issue to Kimchidvd unfair game for long time and blame kimchidvd so much in dvdprime forum

After rush. Kimchi put same allocation to local and kimchidvd

But after few weeks, generally 2 or 3 weeks, Kimchidvd will take out all unsold rest quantity from local store to get rest quantities lived again.

Kimchidvd will do this again for all future coming title.

If you ask this is kimchidvd new strategy, I can answer yes.