Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: TBC, 2014
Purchase links:
Sainsbury's
Zavvi.com

10665655-1387216928-639645.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For me though, steelbooks are losing their touch. Too many releases and re-releases.

I think studios monitor these sites, and ebay, and re-release titles, thinking "hey, we can get in on this and make more money." Even if it means devaluing the original steelbook release. Studios don't care what the 'after-market' value is, to them it's lost money. So they re-release items.

Steelbooks aren't going away anytime soon. Their value will decrease, but we all know that once 4K titles come out, there will be 4K steelbooks available...

I think studios monitor these sites, and ebay, and re-release titles, thinking "hey, we can get in on this and make more money." Even if it means devaluing the original steelbook release. Studios don't care what the 'after-market' value is, to them it's lost money. So they re-release items.

Steelbooks aren't going away anytime soon. Their value will decrease, but we all know that once 4K titles come out, there will be 4K steelbooks available...

True, but 4K will still be released on blu rays as it is now. They will also probably put them in G2 cases so I think they will be just as collectible.

Reactions: ben6212
Exactly. Most of sonys new releases are 4K (elysium,captain phillips)

They are not true 4K but just 4K mastered, I do agree that they will be released in similar cases though, it will just be an added format like Blu-ray 3D is now. I'm still curious to see what this steelbook turns out to be, my guess is it was never released and it's just the standard silver one.

Did not buy the other release, may get this, is this in the standard steelbook size? Oddly the picture on Zavvi only shows 1 disc holder on the inside.

They are not true 4K but just 4K mastered, I do agree that they will be released in similar cases though, it will just be an added format like Blu-ray 3D is now. I'm still curious to see what this steelbook turns out to be, my guess is it was never released and it's just the standard silver one.

If this turns out to just be a play.com reprint I would be fine with that and pick it up. Lets just hope we find out before the price shoots back up. I would prefer the black color instead though. I can drop my black trilogy digipack that came with the worm trilogy set.

This must be the original release. If you use the original link attached to the HDN thread for the first release it redirects straight to this one. I hope it is the original, snagged one for this price.

My order has been Awaiting Stock Pick from when I ordered on Friday 18-Apr-2014
as part of the Godzilla deal

Dispatch Date was meant to be 18/04/2014
That has not happened

Website lists as not in Stock
Availability: Stock will be despatched to you as soon as we receive it from our supplier.

Something tells me we might not be getting this

Last edited:

That has not happened

Availability: Stock will be despatched to you as soon as we receive it from our supplier.

I think its one of those they know they are getting stock they just dont have it now so lets make a listing for it. Amazon do it all the time

That has not happened

Same here but you have to keep in mind it's Easter and pretty much everything gets delayed.

I can't believe Zavvi dispatched most of my orders on Saturday considering this.