Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3/Xbox 360 Steelbook) [UK/Australia]

May 19, 2011
Singapore
For Zavvi: Limited to 6000 for PS3, 4000 for Xbox 360
But EB Games in AU will get the remaining 2000 for PS3 and 1000 for Xbox 360, according to Zavvi's blog.

attachment.php

ACTUAL PICS

MGS Front.jpg

MGS Spread.jpg
i know.. looks like a stickerbook...

Copy of MGS HD Collection

Variant MGS HD Collection Steelbook

MGS T-Shirt, exclusive to this Limited Edition

250 page premium art book showcasing the artwork of Yoji Shinkawa

This Limited Edition is available exclusively from zavvi.com in the UK and Europe. 6,000 copies of the PlayStation 3 version are now available for pre-order on the site, in addition to 4,000 copies of the Xbox 360 version. A total of just 8,000 (PS3) and 5,000 (Xbox 360) units of this edition are being manufactured worldwide, so numbers are strictly limited. Both of these editions have now appeared back on zavvi.com, and are both available for pre-order as of today, while stocks last.

If you placed a pre-order for the original PS3 Limited Edition that was announced back in August (and which was unfortunately made unavailable recently) that pre-order will be automatically carried over to secure you a copy of the updated edition.

Basically Zavvi's new release will have no MGS1 or MGS4 and more merch. Though some folks are reporting that Zavvi's promising MGS4 for those who pre-ordered the initial PS3 MGS HD Collection SB.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection: Xbox 360 Limited Edition (Zavvi Exclusive) Xbox 360

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection: PS3 Limited Edition (Zavvi Exclusive) PS3

if you're interested in Australia's EB Game's version:
PS3 version
360 version

----legacy information below----

Release Date: 25 November 2011

Limited to only 4000 worldwide, Metal Gear Solid: Ultimate HD Collection is the must-have item for all fans of the hugely popular franchise! Exclusive to Zavvi, each Steelbook packaging will be individually numbered allowing you to own a unique part of the Metal Gear Legacy.

Additional Content Includes:

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
PSN code to download Metal Gear Solid 1
5 x Art Cards

Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection:

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater opens the set, with series hero Snake entering a Soviet jungle where intelligence reports a vital scientist is being held captive. Set in the 60s of the Cold War, Snake Eater sees Snake using his stealth abilities in a whole new locale - under the cover of the jungle foliage where various camo fatigues can be used to sneak into areas undiscovered. The riveting plot then reveals a familiar face from Snake's past at its centre.

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker takes place a decade later and details the operations of Big Boss in Costa Rica. The year is 1974, and Costa Rica has been overrun by an organization of highly-trained mercenaries. Working with a squad of neutral troops, Snake soon uncovers a CIA plot, and becomes embroiled in a mission to thwart a nuclear threat. The timeline then moves on to Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty, which is set in modern times and marks Raiden's first appearance in the series.

Solid Snake and Otacon receive intel that a new kind of Metal Gear vehicle is being transported across the Hudson River. Snake infiltrates the tanker, which is then seized by a group of Russian mercenaries lead by Revolver Ocelot. Two years pass, and a new terrorist faction calling themselves The Sons of Liberty have taken over the Big Shell base. New Fox Hound operative, Raiden, is sent to investigate.

10532517-1322241687-54372.jpg

as a reference, this is the non-exclusive artwork:
10480724-1309882010-491861.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, Zavvi is known for bad packaging. I saw a picture where they just put the product in a plastic bag and ship it out LOL. I cancelled my order. I rather not own this at all when I found out that there is no inside artwork.

I hope you guys are able to get a refund.

One of my motto, never ever spend $100+ on a steelbook with no inside artwork. I don't mind paying $100 or $200 or $300 for a complete printed steelbook.

I do regret paying $100+ for some of my steelbook...I have no idea what I was thinking LOL.

Last edited:
yeah, Zavvi is known for bad packaging. I saw a picture where they just put the product in a plastic bag and ship it out LOL. I cancelled my order. I rather not own this at all when I found out that there is no inside artwork.

I hope you guys are able to get a refund.

One of my motto, never ever spend $100+ on a steelbook with no inside artwork. I don't mind paying $100 or $200 or $300 for a complete printed steelbook.

I do regret paying $100+ for some of my steelbook...I have no idea what I was thinking LOL.

Well, i take it that the majority of people that bought this did so and dropped the $100~ because they are also big/diehard Metal Gear fans as well. A 250-page art book by Yoji Shinkawa, the actual HD Collection LE game, a Steelbook and a t-shirt + shipping is easily worth $100.

Both my PS3 and 360 outer boxes were roughed up by Zavvi as well...i am keeping the 360 one sealed and I did open the PS3 one to inspect the contents and luckily, the G2 Steelbook was completely unscratched/undamaged and so was the artbook. I will probably sell the 360 one months from now when this completely sells out and the rarity level increases since there were only 4,000 of the XBox ones made.

As for the Steelbooks....both versions are expensive and hard to find already. I made a post a couple of weeks ago when one British eBay seller had 10 G1 versions up for sale, and they were gone with 2 days after I posted that....i bought one of those (it was like $40 shipped, came in perfect condition) even though i knew i had the actual LE coming my way to the US but i wanted to be extra sure that Zavvi wouldn't damage my G1 steelbook during transit so i had peace of mind knowing that a i grabbed a perfect condition one from someone in the UK where there was unlikely to be damage if Zavvi only has to ship like 10 miles away lol.

I will be using my G2 MGS steel as tradebait in the future for some rare or hard to find G1 steels.... :twisted:

I wouldn't put much stock in the 'limited' nature of either the PS3 or 360 version. They sold out of 4000 PS3 pre-orders in 2 days, yet claim they still haven't sold the 2000 extra PS3 versions they got later? Or the 4000 360 versions? And even have enough to sell through eBay as well? They're re-printing this until the interest runs out. They obviously saw the reaction the original version got, and decided to cash in.

I believe this finally arrived today. Or something arrived in this sack:

img0406u.jpg

I've never gotten a sack before, so I'm kinda intrigued...

I got the 'sack' when I ordered my Wii joystick before. The box came damaged unfortunately. :(

I hope yours is undamaged.

It was not too bad. Inside the sack was a cardboard box, which was a bit beat up. Inside that box was the collector's set, which looked pretty good overall. When I opened it, the inside was a bit beat up, presumable because of the heavy book. But the Steelbook is fine and the exterior box looks fine. Hope everyone gets theirs soon

Needless to say, I won't be ordering from Zavvi ever again. My collection arrives in a flimsy box with the collection inside completely unprotected except for a strip of air bags along the top of the inside of the box. What a bunch of punk ass dicks...you are selling a collectors edition, so you think collectors might buy it?...the steel even has a few scuffs on the back from where it was sliding around in the box. Luckily, you can only see it in the perfect light and the camera can't pick it up. What a waste...that company can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned. I'm sick of these half ass chump companies who sell collectors stuff but treat it like ****.

Here's the box:

WP_000101.jpg

WP_000102.jpg

Here's the rip on the corner and hole in the bottom of the box:

WP_000104.jpg

WP_000106.jpg

Every corner of the art book like this:

WP_000107.jpg

F Zavvi, 3 weeks to get it in the mail and I get this...but what do you want for $100?
Bloody hell, and I thought my first copy was bad (before I got a replacement), nothing compared to yours mate, sympathy with you there. ZAVVI ARE CRAP AT PACKAGING!!

I thought my copies arrived in bad shape but nothing compared to that, BTW i have 2 copies of the steelbook and on both of them, in the bottom right hand corner on the inside theres a little paint coming off - i will take pics soon but does anyone else have something similar?

Is anyone else still waiting for theirs? It has now been 1 month since my order shipped (Jan 31) and I'm beginning to think mine has been lost-in-transit :( :ohno:

Is anyone else still waiting for theirs? It has now been 1 month since my order shipped (Jan 31) and I'm beginning to think mine has been lost-in-transit :( :ohno:

Sorry to hear that buddy...

Did you get a tracking number? if so you can call Canada Post. One of my friends was supposed to receive a package from Germany and it stayed at Canada Post for 3 weeks, then he called the customer service, and the day after that he got his package delivered. I say give it a try!

Hope it shows up my friend.

Reactions: FanOfGaming
Sorry to hear that buddy...

Did you get a tracking number? if so you can call Canada Post. One of my friends was supposed to receive a package from Germany and it stayed at Canada Post for 3 weeks, then he called the customer service, and the day after that he got his package delivered. I say give it a try!

Hope it shows up my friend.

Thanks man, no tracking number unfortunately, just the order number. Zaavi says to wait 20 business days before contacting them (which it has now been) so I guess I will give it until the end of this week then contact them for refund/replacement

I got a good deal on a G1 steelbook by itself. Paid about $40 for it I believe.

Might have been a few bucks more but it is in mint shape, and I was not about to take a chance ordering the box-set from Zavvi and have it arrive in a grocery store shopping bag. WTF indeed, at least with eBay most sellers know how to package something that I consider to be "fragile".

I got a good deal on a G1 steelbook by itself. Paid about $40 for it I believe.

Might have been a few bucks more but it is in mint shape, and I was not about to take a chance ordering the box-set from Zavvi and have it arrive in a grocery store shopping bag. WTF indeed, at least with eBay most sellers know how to package something that I consider to be "fragile".

Not sure about the eBay sellers, I have seen some f***d up parcels, or should I say envelopes! Yeah! an envelope, for a steelbook!

Collectors? sure, they know how fragile everything is!

Same here, I got nothing either.
I messaged Zavvi about it a couple of days ago to see if I can get a tracking number or something, but no response yet. :/

You sure are! ;)
You should start some collectible media distribution service / business and put retailers like Zavvi out of business. :joy:

Same here, I got nothing either.
I messaged Zavvi about it a couple of days ago to see if I can get a tracking number or something, but no response yet. :/

Sure enough mine came today :D

the box it came in :ohno:

IMG-20120302-00262.jpg

miraculously the steel and artbook were both still mint, hopefully you gets yours too Leshita!

Last edited:
Reactions: Leshita
Sure enough mine came today :D

the box it came in :ohno:

IMG-20120302-00262.jpg

miraculously the steel and artbook were both still mint, hopefully you gets yours too Leshita!

Holy crap. :(
I am not sure if I would want mine if it came like that. :hilarious:
Seriously though, I am one of those freaks who care very much about any slight damage / creases on my packages so I really really hope the box is not like that when I receive it. Was your outer packaging for the game okay though?

Holy crap. :(
I am not sure if I would want mine if it came like that. :hilarious:
Seriously though, I am one of those freaks who care very much about any slight damage / creases on my packages so I really really hope the box is not like that when I receive it. Was your outer packaging for the game okay though?

no, the outer game box was not okay either, creases and damage in quite a few places. Just the stuff inside the box was fine (in my case)