Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Bike Jump Edition) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 6, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £34.99

81Kg2x6A6uL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

14882882-1055067981581826.jpg
91hxWARP0EL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Can we make a new rule that if you are the first person to post you received a steelbook you have to post photos? Cos I really wanna see a photo of this and I can't find one.
Or be someone who actually knows the difference between matte and spot gloss, because so many people bloody don't.

Paramount's new steels have a different kind of gloss in the EU anyway. Both Scream 6 and Transformers ROTB have a tactile, less flashy gloss, which I like, but I can see envision confusion.

Or be someone who actually knows the difference between matte and spot gloss, because so many people bloody don't.

Paramount's new steels have a different kind of gloss in the EU anyway. Both Scream 6 and Transformers ROTB have a tactile, less flashy gloss, which I like, but I can see envision confusion.
I mean I will admit I was ******* clueless when I came here. And I only endeavour to answer something if I am actually knowledgeable about it. But are you saying it's actually gloss? Cos I can't find a single photo of this anywhere on insta. I know someone showed their photos of the amaray but that doesn't really help. Mine only dispatched a few hours ago despite taking payment on Thursday afternoon which is a real pisser.

I mean I will admit I was ******* clueless when I came here. And I only endeavour to answer something if I am actually knowledgeable about it. But are you saying it's actually gloss? Cos I can't find a single photo of this anywhere on insta. I know someone showed their photos of the amaray but that doesn't really help. Mine only dispatched a few hours ago despite taking payment on Thursday afternoon which is a real pisser.
No I'm not saying this is anything. This is the 1st "confirmation" I've seen. So I don't know, but I was expecting it to be spot or gloss, and I'm saying this new type of gloss paramount are using over here is different and people could get confused. I'll wait for more posts or pics/vid before I'm convinced it's matte.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
No I'm not saying this is anything. This is the 1st "confirmation" I've seen. So I don't know, but I was expecting it to be spot or gloss, and I'm saying this new type of gloss paramount are using over here is different and people could get confused. I'll wait for more posts or pics/vid before I'm convinced it's matte.
Do you have an example of the type of finish? If I have one I'll go have a look.

Ok I finally found a photo. I guess I didn't see it in my reddit feed cos I'm banned from /r/steelbooks. Anyway I can't tell if it is glossy from the photo. But it doesn't look matte. It honestly looks like that brushed metal effect, which sometimes has a gloss finish. I honestly Can't really tell from the photo though. Although the OP says in the thread it's matte. But honestly I am still not convinced. But mine probably wont be here until Wednesday.

1698699114617.png

Reactions: crib79
Writing was on the wall with Halloween H20. Seems Scream 6 was an outlier :(
H20 was a catalogue title though, most of Paramount's recent EU catalogue titles are matte (scream 2/3, event horizon etc..), so I was expecting that. This, I'm not expecting it to be, given it's brand new. The only recent "new" film matte steel I can think of that Paramount have released is the HMV variant of Transformers ROTB, but the other one was glossy.

Do you have an example of the type of finish? If I have one I'll go have a look.
Only 2 steels I can think of are the EU releases of scream 6 and the spray paint style art for Transformers ROTB. It's a new thing from what I can see, haven't come across it before that ai can recall, and it's hard to explain unless you've got it in hand.

H20 was a catalogue title though, most of Paramount's recent EU catalogue titles are matte (scream 2/3, event horizon etc..), so I was expecting that. This, I'm not expecting it to be, given it's brand new. The only recent "new" film matte steel I can think of that Paramount have released is the HMV variant of Transformers ROTB, but the other one was glossy.

Maybe the red one will end up being gloss over here as well and then it's the same as Transformers - best artwork gets the worst finish

Maybe the red one will end up being gloss over here as well and then it's the same as Transformers - best artwork gets the worst finish
Yeah, that's fair, and probably right. I wasn't expecting both to be glossy after Transformers, I just thought (hoped) this would be the glossy one.

Honestly I have a few brushed metal steels and they look really nice in the hand. Maybe it's just me but they don't look bad at all.
So do I. It can really depend though, but that doesn't look great imo. My fnac order won't ship for nearly 3 weeks yet, so I've got time to see more pics/vids and cancel.

Thinking I may cancel and wait this one out for another. Paramount aren't exactly shy on releasing MI steels leading up to a new film, may also get a corrected title then too :rofl: