Monsters, Inc. (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #3) [Korea]

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Kimchidvd Exclusive No.3 "Shipping start from 11th Oct."

Release date: 15th Oct.
Total Print run : 3K
- Kimchi exclusive numbered : 2K (1/4 slip: 800, Lenticular: 1200)
- Non-kimchi exclusive : 1K (Normal slipcover: 1000)
Gift for Limited edition:
- Photo card, Storybook, Sticker book & numbered art card
Artwork: Gloss Finish/No embossed & debossed

Purchase link:
- 1/4 slip edition: KimchiDVD (SOLD OUT)
- lenticular slip edition: KimchiDVD (SOLD OUT)

Price:
- MSRP: 60$
- Promotional price: 44.99$ (only valid from 30th August to 3rd September midnight, only 5 days until OOS)
- Order limit : 3x 1/4 slip per order, 5x lenticular per order
- Total item quantity more than 5 copies, it must be shipped by EMS only (each steel is 400G and Kimchi can not ship more than 2 kg package per order by k-packet)

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

- Lenticular edition & Package
View attachment 44901

- 1/4 slip edition & package
View attachment 44903

More images:
13760361499722496.jpg

13760361499731628.jpg

13760362373253001.jpg

-Lenticular Image
View attachment 44900

-1/4 slip image
View attachment 44902

Actual pictures of both editions: (Thanks to ricster)
Lenticular:
IMG_4035.jpg

IMG_4036.jpg

IMG_4038.jpg

IMG_4040.jpg

IMG_4042.jpg

IMG_4043.jpg

IMG_4048.jpg

IMG_4049.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_4082.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_4084.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

1/4 slip:
IMG_4029.jpg

IMG_4030.jpg

IMG_4033.jpg

IMG_4034.jpg

IMG_4055.jpg

IMG_4040.jpg

IMG_4042.jpg

IMG_4043.jpg

IMG_4048.jpg

IMG_4049.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_4082.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_4084.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

Video presentation of the Lenticular slip:

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,242
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 837
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 582
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 558
Last edited by a moderator:
Same here...Looks like they never paid any attention to this release. The quality control seems terrible to say the least EEK!

My copy had a tear in the shrink wrap on the front and creased corners in addition to a loose number card moving around. Needless to say that an OCD collector like me would not accept such a steelbook. So, it was returned.

We collect steelbooks for their unique designs and exclusivity and if retailers don't pay attention to such small things, I don't need such steelbooks even if that means I won't have #3 in my collection.

I'm glad I returned it :D

Last edited:
So glad to have this. Finally a little brother for my Monsters Inc. jumbo steelbook which is the ugly older brother. It is ugly but I still love it. They will sit side by side in brotherly harmony.

Just received my lenticular edition. It's a very nice steelbook imo.

But my copy has a big paint chip off and embedded finger print at the back (someone hold my copy when paint was still wet) EEK!

Same here...Looks like they never paid any attention to this release. The quality control seems terrible to say the least EEK!

My copy had a tear in the shrink wrap on the front and creased corners in addition to a loose number card moving around. Needless to say that an OCD collector like me would not accept such a steelbook. So, it was returned.

We collect steelbooks for their unique designs and exclusivity and if retailers don't pay attention to such small things, I don't need such steelbooks even if that means I won't have #3 in my collection.

I'm glad I returned it :D

kimchi did not manufacture or paint this steelbook.

they ordered it with with exact specifications (artwork / gloss / emboss / no emboss, etc).

how can kimchi (or any other retailer) "pay attention" to such things while such things are underneath a slipcover or jcard?

But my copy has a big paint chip off and embedded finger print at the back (someone hold my copy when paint was still wet) EEK!

Now im not ocd and can handle a few paintchips, but a permanent fingerprint embedded in the paint job would piss me off every time i looked at the steelbook. You gotta find a solution man lol

Reactions: palartoo
So my copy has finally been loaded to vehicle for delivery! A week after I paid customs! Had to ring up parcel force to tell them to get off their backsides for the tracking info to change :( but can't wait to see this in hand now :scat:

they ordered it with with exact specifications (artwork / gloss / emboss / no emboss, etc).

how can kimchi (or any other retailer) "pay attention" to such things while such things are underneath a slipcover or jcard?

I guess they receive a sample copy before it is finally produced and released, respectively. However, maybe the sample was OK and the final production not.

Best wishes,

Michael

You're joking right? They supply the manufacturer with the exact image they want on the Steelbook. It's not the manufacturers fault that they didn't choose a high resolution image. :BS:

Received mine 1/4 slip and lenticular edition today after paying a £14 customs charge : (

But I got number 3 on both editions so I'm pleased with that. Anyone here get number 1 or 2? Or have I got the lowest number here on hdn?

Received mine 1/4 slip and lenticular edition today after paying a £14 customs charge : (

But I got number 3 on both editions so I'm pleased with that. Anyone here get number 1 or 2? Or have I got the lowest number here on hdn?
Mate U sure it's not KimchiDVD's exclusive No. 3 tag U looking at? :p

Seems the customs fees are completely random!EEK! I was hit with £11.15 customs this morning, however £8 of that was Royal Mail "handling fee"!

Seems the customs fees are completely random!EEK! I was hit with £11.15 customs this morning, however £8 of that was Royal Mail "handling fee"!

Yeah the £8 Royal Mail handling fee is the killer, that's a standard charge. Perhaps the different values that have been marked is making all the customs charges vary?

Yeah the £8 Royal Mail handling fee is the killer, that's a standard charge. Perhaps the different values that have been marked is making all the customs charges vary?

That's a good point, different declared values probably do account for the different fees. Thing that baffles me though, is that Royal Mail charge £8 to put a parcel on a shelf?? :wtf: Royal Mail/Parcelforce take the Michael when it comes to "handling fees".

Yeah, got a card with a similar amount requested. The Royal Mail are a joke. I did however stipulate a lesser value on the Kimchi website. Seems it wasn't enough. :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Received mine the other day, gotta say, this has that well-built, premium feel that most steels lack these days. It's a crying shame that you have to pay so much to get what used to be considered standard, but I'm glad this tier of quality still exists. Bigtime kudos for bothering, Kimchi.

Pity the art stayed so "thumby", but nearly anything's better than a jumbo, and the finish on this is so sexy... it's hard to resist.