Monsters, Inc. (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #3) [Korea]

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Kimchidvd Exclusive No.3 "Shipping start from 11th Oct."

Release date: 15th Oct.
Total Print run : 3K
- Kimchi exclusive numbered : 2K (1/4 slip: 800, Lenticular: 1200)
- Non-kimchi exclusive : 1K (Normal slipcover: 1000)
Gift for Limited edition:
- Photo card, Storybook, Sticker book & numbered art card
Artwork: Gloss Finish/No embossed & debossed

Purchase link:
- 1/4 slip edition: KimchiDVD (SOLD OUT)
- lenticular slip edition: KimchiDVD (SOLD OUT)

Price:
- MSRP: 60$
- Promotional price: 44.99$ (only valid from 30th August to 3rd September midnight, only 5 days until OOS)
- Order limit : 3x 1/4 slip per order, 5x lenticular per order
- Total item quantity more than 5 copies, it must be shipped by EMS only (each steel is 400G and Kimchi can not ship more than 2 kg package per order by k-packet)

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

- Lenticular edition & Package
View attachment 44901

- 1/4 slip edition & package
View attachment 44903

More images:
13760361499722496.jpg

13760361499731628.jpg

13760362373253001.jpg

-Lenticular Image
View attachment 44900

-1/4 slip image
View attachment 44902

Actual pictures of both editions: (Thanks to ricster)
Lenticular:
IMG_4035.jpg

IMG_4036.jpg

IMG_4038.jpg

IMG_4040.jpg

IMG_4042.jpg

IMG_4043.jpg

IMG_4048.jpg

IMG_4049.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_4082.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_4084.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

1/4 slip:
IMG_4029.jpg

IMG_4030.jpg

IMG_4033.jpg

IMG_4034.jpg

IMG_4055.jpg

IMG_4040.jpg

IMG_4042.jpg

IMG_4043.jpg

IMG_4048.jpg

IMG_4049.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_4082.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_4084.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

Video presentation of the Lenticular slip:

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,223
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 822
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 573
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 551
Last edited by a moderator:
Now im not ocd and can handle a few paintchips, but a permanent fingerprint embedded in the paint job would piss me off every time i looked at the steelbook. You gotta find a solution man lol

I reported a fingerpint issue to KimchiDVD yesterday. Today, Tony replied my email saying that he will post an empty steebook case in near future as a replacement for my copy.:LOL:

Wow, that's a really quick response and great offer.

Kudos to Tony & KimchiDVD :thumbs:

Reactions: Geek Tragedy
I've got a fingerprint on my 1/4 slip as well. Do they pay shipping to ?

---------- Post added at 06:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 AM ----------

Forgot to say my fingerprint is top left as you look at it.

Could someone post a picture of the back where I can see the low-res image more clearly?

go back a few pages to post #1400

Surprisingly poor turn out this one. Scratches all over both my copies and paint bubbles.

The image is terrible on the back too, just like Tangled. Try using a higher DPI image next time Kimchi Doovde. If this was Zavvi they wouldn't have heard the end of it.

9FIDsFH.jpg

Reactions: leo90
The image is terrible on the back too, just like Tangled. Try using a higher DPI image next time Kimchi Doovde. If this was Zavvi they wouldn't have heard the end of it.

9FIDsFH.jpg

I find if you hold it slightly away from your face, instead of trying to rub your cornea all over it, that the slightly lower res really isn't noticeable :p

Mine turned up today: #0624/1200 and #038/800

Steelbooks 021113 001.jpg

Steelbooks 021113 002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I find if you hold it slightly away from your face, instead of trying to rub your cornea all over it, that the slightly lower res really isn't noticeable :p

Mine turned up today: #0624/1200 and #038/800

Nice grab on the 38!!! Wish I had made it under 100. Happy that most of mine (Monster's & Tangled) were in the top half though. Although, I still have a few more Tangled coming so who knows...

Reactions: zoneism
Got a lenticular copy from a kindly gentleman on the eBizzle. No damage, and it didn't cost me much more than a copy with EMS shipping would have if I'd remembered to order it in time in the first place. So, happy face for me I guess :LOL:

I agree Patt, this and Tangled are sensational packages.

They both look and feel even better when snugly (very snugly) housed in the Kimchi plastic sleeve's. Makes for such clean lines when sitting on the shelf. :thumbs:

Reactions: Pattman06
You're joking right? They supply the manufacturer with the exact image they want on the Steelbook. It's not the manufacturers fault that they didn't choose a high resolution image. :BS:

Well I haven't seen it in person yet (and at this point I'm starting to wonder if I ever will :(), so I can't speak to the clarity of the actual image. I was more referring to the other aspects of the quality of the steelbook build. Someone a few pages back was complaining of paint spots and scratches on the back (which would be behind the jcard and unknown to Kimchi). It's one thing to ship out obviously warped and dented steels like Zavvi does. But that does not seem to be the case here.

For those with low numbers say 100 or lower, how long did wait to pre order after it went live?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I've been conducting this "experiment" and asking a lot of people about their numbers (whether large or small) and from what I've found, the later the pre-order, the lower the number (in general). I ordered two sets of Monster's and 3 sets of Tangled. My 2nd set of Monster's were both lower numbers than the first. I've only received two sets of Tangled so far, but the same happened with them. I also haven't heard of very many low numbers in the Tangled steels yet. It is because of this pattern that I ordered the 3rd set. For argument's sake, it's almost as if they stacked the boxes in the warehouse in reverse order and started filling orders. For those who plan to contradict this, I did use the phrase "in general" when describing the order of the numbers people received. I have heard about some very low numbers received before I received mine. But IN GENERAL, it seems like the later the pre-order, the lower the number....

Reactions: vml3615
Seems that it is at Frankfurt Airport since 10/22/13. No Update anymore-no tracking possible. :angry::angry:***k

"Elvis1987" posted a link to "deutschepost.de" (thanks for that). This one worked for me.
By shipping date field you have to enter the date when the package is arrived at Frankfurt Airport. There you can also push the button "Statusmeldung anfordern" and "Nachforschungsauftrag erteilen".

I hope this is helpful.

"Elvis1987" posted a link to "deutschepost.de" (thanks for that). This one worked for me.
By shipping date field you have to enter the date when the package is arrived at Frankfurt Airport. There you can also push the button "Statusmeldung anfordern" and "Nachforschungsauftrag erteilen".

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks Mate,already tried the Link but there was no Infos found. Called DHL in Frankfurt and they could not help me either. The Package can not be found-it just disappeared-got in contact with Tony from Kimchi.