Monsters University (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive No.8) [China]

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
Release date: March 2014
Print run: Total print run of 2000 units
Notes: Exclusive Cover

MU.jpg

Content:
Blufans confirm 2 disc. The disc contents are Asia Pacific (HK/TW/KR) version.

Audio: English, Cantonese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, Thai
Subtitles: English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Bahasa, Thai, Bahasa (Indonesia), Portuguese
Sound Information: Dolby TrueHD 7.1, Dolby Digital 5.1

Blu-ray (2D) Special Features:
- Umbrella of Love short movie
- Video Production Audio Commentary

Blu-ray (3D) Special Features:
- Umbrella of Love short movie

Actual pictures:
2D & 3D slips:
View attachment 63010

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received my copy yesterday...SUPER impressed by it! I couldn't believe how nice it was as I was holding it. The pics online don't do it justice. Like someone else mentioned, the colors really pop out at you and it's my first lenticular so it really made an impression on me.

The steel itself has a nice smooth finish...what material is that? The artwork on the outside and inside are well done. Overall it's my favorite steel, I see why there is so much hype over blufans steels. Now I need to get WIR white slip and currently awaiting Pacific Rim!

I just received my copy yesterday...SUPER impressed by it! I couldn't believe how nice it was as I was holding it. The pics online don't do it justice. Like someone else mentioned, the colors really pop out at you and it's my first lenticular so it really made an impression on me.

The steel itself has a nice smooth finish...what material is that? The artwork on the outside and inside are well done. Overall it's my favorite steel, I see why there is so much hype over blufans steels. Now I need to get WIR white slip and currently awaiting Pacific Rim!

Its a Gloss finish. Be careful with WIR, that is well known for having manufacturing issues. A lot of the Steelbooks were badly scratched.

Its a Gloss finish. Be careful with WIR, that is well known for having manufacturing issues. A lot of the Steelbooks were badly scratched.

That's going to be hard, I'm only going to buy a copy that's mint and sealed. The seller hasn't opened the steel so there's no way of them knowing if their copy is damaged. So when I do get it and if it is in fact damaged like you say, what am I supposed to do? And not to mention the lowest price I've seen for WIR white slip is $120 lol. So it's not exactly cheap either. I guess I'll just have to take my chances and hope I get a copy that isn't damaged from the manufacturer. That would suck as I've wanted WIR for quite some time.

That's going to be hard, I'm only going to buy a copy that's mint and sealed. The seller hasn't opened the steel so there's no way of them knowing if their copy is damaged. So when I do get it and if it is in fact damaged like you say, what am I supposed to do? And not to mention the lowest price I've seen for WIR white slip is $120 lol. So it's not exactly cheap either. I guess I'll just have to take my chances and hope I get a copy that isn't damaged from the manufacturer. That would suck as I've wanted WIR for quite some time.

If you're going to be opening it, then I'd suggest purchasing an open copy that's in good condition. My Blufans WIR is actually in good condition compared to the mess some people received them in, so there are some decent ones out there.

As hayemaker said if you are going to open it anyway you might as well buy an open copy as at least you know what you are going to be getting. If you are leaving it sealed then you don't have to worry about damages.:thumbs:

Yea that makes sense. I'll look in the sale/trade section. I'm a stickler for steels being new and sealed tho so we"ll see. Thanks for the advice!

How bad have the damages been that you guys have seen? Are we talking a few scratches or edward scissor hand slashes?

FYI:

Kevin opened a new group buy for this release, so if you didn't have the chance to get it yet,
take a look at "the other forum", it's a pretty limited offer. ;)

Monsters University (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive No.8) [China]
View attachment 206830

sorry for digging up the (really) old thread but I just realized that I have this a while ago and it was true beauty, couldn't resist to take a couple of shots (or ten lol) thanks guys :thumbs:
Don't be sorry... it's a REAL true beauty! Was Worth the wait to get this one instead of the boring WWA... Great job!

Reactions: goufcustom
Very pleased to say I have this in my collection To. It's one of my favourite Blufans release great quality looking steelbook.

Reactions: harry