Mulholland Drive (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (WEA) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Limited to 2000

Release date: September 15th (was August 11,2014)
Price: £17.99
Purchase link: Mulholland Drive

Full gloss

WEA

mullholland.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my favorite films ever. I don't think it's as bad as everyone says artwork wise, but I just know they're going to use black-and-white inside art and a quote on the back. At least they're using gloss now and something other than black colors.

for me re-watch value is still very high.

first of all "mulholland drive" has a very intense atmosphere, each scene a unique one, but all glued together with lynch's cleverness.
+ like with "lost highway", you won't get the clue when watching it for the first time, imo. most lynch movies NEED at least a second viewing to get into the story and find out what's it all about.

here's david lynch's 10 clues to UNLOCKING MULHOLLAND DRIVE

1) Pay particular close attention in the beginning of the film: at least two clues are revealed before the credits.

2) Notice appearances of the red lampshade.

3) Can you hear the title of the film that Adam Kesher is auditioning actresses for? Is it mentioned again?

4) An accident is a terrible event . . . notice the location of the accident.

5) Who gives a key, and why?

6) Notice the robe, the ashtray, the coffee cup.

7) What is felt, realized and gathered at the club Silencio?

8) Did talent alone help Camilla?

9) Note the occurrences surrounding the man behind Winkies.

10) Where is Aunt Ruth?

lol lost high makes no sense no matter how many times u watch it :hilarious: ...but yeah u convinced me now that i had time to tink it over. I do like me sum Lynch :) Just wish this was a normal run so i cld get it later for £9.99 :(

Whoa...what? You LIKED Dune?

And what exactly is a "suitable steelbook kinda movie" :wtf:

But back to the first part....you LIKED Dune? By and far the worst Lynch movie

Im a huge fanboy of the books by frank herbert, so yes i liked dune :)

Its also sci-fi, old, and a highly photogenic type of movie.... it has a great "strange new worlds" type of vibe which lends itself to steelbook art and design extremely well ...a friend over who has not seen either movie is far more likly to pick up a well designed Dune steelbook over a well designed mulholland drive one imo :thumbs:

Last edited:
Finally, my favourite movie in steelbook Format! This movie is absolutely perfect. The acting, the story, the imagery, THE MUSIC, the re-watch factor (I've seen it 6 times already - at least!).

Having said that, WTF is wrong with them for chosing that artwork? There are so many existing Images and even coming up with new artwork for that movie is a no brainer:

Mulholland.png

wallpaper08.jpg

mulhollanddr.jpg

The possibilites are endless!!!

Still a first day purchase though!!!!!!!!!

Definitely getting this but wish they'd use the street sign artwork. That would look glossed.

So glad this is getting a steel release. There needs to be more Lynch. Bring on Blue Velvet! :thumbs:

A real case of careful what you wish for: I was dying for this title and unfortunately the artwork is lazy at best. Really, with all the images they could have chosen?

I love the fact they state it's world exclusive art.... yeah I'm sure other people are kicking themselves that they can't have this exclusive "art" that looks like a 2 year old has been left playing with some purple & orange paint for 5 minutes :hilarious:

I would think about maybe getting this as i think it would look very nice with full gloss but i have already got a lot on pre order for august.

Yeah August is packed. Zavvi are releasing 17 exclusive steels during this month including all 4 Indy movies and Captain America. 9 are due for release on the 11th.

It would be nice if they spaced them out but maybe they don't have a choice as studios usually decide on release dates.

I love this poster so much I have it framed. It would've been a much better steelbook than the one they have:

IIdVPip.jpg

Lynch is probably my favourite director and i really wanted a movie poster i could get framed, but i didn't like any of them so i ended up getting this bit of art....

.....and

:ordered: