Need for Speed - In theaters March 14th, 2014

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
From IMDB:
Fresh from prison, a street racer who was framed by a wealthy business associate joins a cross country race with revenge in mind. His ex-partner, learning of the plan, places a massive bounty on his head as the race begins.
With: Aaron Paul

Trailer:

RACING, *****!!! :scat:

‘Need For Speed’ Trailer: Aaron Paul Turns Leading Man in Video Game Adaptation

http://www.slashfilm.com/need-for-speed-trailer-aaron-paul-turns-leading-man-in-video-game-adaptation/

http://bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/Need-for-Speed-2-550x366.jpg

Breaking Bad might end this week, but you have not seen the last of Aaron Paul. Not by a long shot. He’s starring in next year’s Need for Speed, based on the popular video game series, and the first trailer is now out. Check it out below.

Need for Speed opens March 14. It’s directed by Scott Waugh, whose film Act of Valor was a surprise hit last year. Also stars Dominic Cooper, Imogen Poots, Scott Mescudi, Ramon Rodriguez, Michael Keaton, Rami Malek, Dakota Johnson and Harrison Gilbertson.

What do you think of the trailer?

Attachments

• Need-For-Speed-Film-Poster.jpg
    Need-For-Speed-Film-Poster.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 8,689
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a nice popcorn flick... at-least thats the expectation Im going to go into it with. If it turns out to be more, great. If not, then great too, lol.

I saw the trailer yesterday, of course the story has the looks of Fast and Furious franchise
What are they planning to do with this movie/story?
make it more down to earth story because of the voice over in the trailer and hereby making the story more darker and not that much pop corn entertainment like F and F

have to see more of this before I can make up my mind about this movie

This looks great, and some of the chase footage looks directly like the game. As much as I like the Fast and Furious films I'm not a modded car fan. Bring on the Super cars :cool:

The trailer for this actually looks really good. I hope that this does well in the box office (I plan to see it), so that we can expect a packed blu-ray release. I'm not usually one who watches special features, but I would be really interested in the behind-the-scenes for this movie. (Director Scott Waugh--the man who also directed Act of Valor--was aiming to pack Need For Speed with practical effects.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll go and watch it, but to me it just looks like a poor man's version of Fast and Furious

Or you could look at the first F&F being a car remake of Point Break :D ;)

It definitely used that as it's story, but the NFS games were what sparked the whole thing before a story was even thought of. They even kept certain cars from the game intact as a knowing wink to fans of the game :)

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

Very true mate, but I still think this will be poor in comparison to F&F ;)

It looks more straight faced and less humorous than F&F. It's saving grace is the fact it's proper supercars rather than the modded Chav fest that was the first 3 Fast films lol. I HATE modded cars ha! It's a strange trailer as it gives no hint of tone.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: cooey
Hit the nail on the head there mate. The trailer doesn't really suggest too much. Don't get me wrong, I'll be going to watch it but I'm not that hyped about it

Hit the nail on the head there mate. The trailer doesn't really suggest too much. Don't get me wrong, I'll be going to watch it but I'm not that hyped about it

I agree with you. I want to like this but judging by the trailer only, not really sure whether I'll like it or not. I could be wrong though. Even if NFS ends up being good, I don't think any other car movie is going to top F&F for me. :)

Reactions: cooey
Watched ........ LOVED! The dialogue is cheesy especially at the beginning, but then you are never going to get Shakespeare with a film like this!

The race footage ....... Bye Bye Fast and Furious!

One liners, and jaw dropping racing = great fun! 4/5

2D, but I enjoyed it enough that I will go and watch at in 3D after it is officially released commercially :cool:

Since the film was made and filmed for 2D I can't see it being much different. Usually beforehand they will work out a few key scenes that will work in 3D if they know in advance that it will be filmed/Post processed. In this case the conversion is taking place long after the film was made.

Last edited:
Saw it just a couple of hours ago. 3D isn't that much different from 2D, so save a couple of bucks. Pretty good movie, despite the overly bashed on plot. People, you can't expect that much from a video game movie. Plus, when f&f came out, people had low expectations for it, now look at it.

I saw this last night and I was totally blown away. Much better than expected. It's early, but the best movie I've seen so far in 2014. The chase scenes and collisions are ridiculous.

Reactions: Troll2Fan