Jan 14, 2012
Estonia
Release date: 18th November 2013
Purchase links:
Amazon UK - £29.99
Zavvi.com - £19.99

nosferatu.jpg

51X6HgZFOuL.jpg

Eureka! Entertainment and The Masters of Cinema Series are delighted to announce the Halloween 2013 theatrical and home video releases of an eagerly awaited new restoration of F. W. Murnau's legendary silent cinema horror classic Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror (1922), expertly restored in Germany by the world-renowned Friedrich-Wilhelm-Murnau-Stiftung (FWMS).

This revival of a horror classic, one of the most famous of all silent films, follows Eureka! Entertainment's hugely successful restoration showcases of Fritz Lang's Metropolis (1927) in 2010 and Carl Theodor Dreyer's The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928) in 2012.

Nosferatu's UK theatrical run will be co-ordinated by Eureka! Entertainment and will open in selected cinemas nationwide on Friday October 25, 2013, just in time for Halloween. Blu-ray and DVD releases will follow with a raft of special features to be announced nearer the release date, as part of Eureka! Entertainment's award-winning The Masters of Cinema Series.

Steelbook confirmed via Twitter:
We're thrilled to announce that F. W. Murnau's masterpiece NOSFERATU will see a Halloween 2013 theatrical release, followed by MoC Blu-ray, in a new restoration. The Blu-ray and DVD will follow in November with new special features, and will be available in a SteelBook edition.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 302
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 297
Last edited by a moderator:
The art work this is simply stunning.
Though I can't really bring myself to buy it as it would be only as a curiosity rather than for entertainment.

As far as artwork goes this looks ace. I have a copy of Repo Man and I love it. That being said this is an easy pass for me as I'd never watch it. Nice to see it get some nice artwork though, sure fans of the films will be happy with this mock up.

What's with Amazon's pricing?

I know, it's crazy. But I bet it will come down at some point, or this will be one of the most expensive steelbooks they've sold yet. Amazon's steelbook prices is higher than they used to be, but not that high!

Can any horror fans confirm, is this getting a nationwide cinema release? There seems to be some confusion but the BFI info seems to say that it's only getting a southbank screening and the 70's remake is the one getting a nationwide release. Can anyone confirm?

Can any horror fans confirm, is this getting a nationwide cinema release? There seems to be some confusion but the BFI info seems to say that it's only getting a southbank screening and the 70's remake is the one getting a nationwide release. Can anyone confirm?

I'm guessing it was only for the recent Gothic BFI season and BFI teamed up with Eureka to screen it. Herzog's remake has been remastered (I believe) and should get a blu-ray release next year I think. I'm just getting the steelbook I think but waiting for the price to drop a little bit before I order. As for the upcoming BFI Herzog blu-ray's, I'm gonna get all of them, whatever it takes.

Thanks. I found a page on the BFI site last night with a list of all the venues for this version's "nationwide" screening. Really pathetic...about 90 percent are in London with one place in Scotland and none in Wales or Ireland. Really disappointed as I wanted to see it on the big screen first. They should rename it LFI - London Film Institute.