Jan 14, 2012
Estonia
Release date: 18th November 2013
Purchase links:
Amazon UK - £29.99
Zavvi.com - £19.99

nosferatu.jpg

51X6HgZFOuL.jpg

Eureka! Entertainment and The Masters of Cinema Series are delighted to announce the Halloween 2013 theatrical and home video releases of an eagerly awaited new restoration of F. W. Murnau's legendary silent cinema horror classic Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror (1922), expertly restored in Germany by the world-renowned Friedrich-Wilhelm-Murnau-Stiftung (FWMS).

This revival of a horror classic, one of the most famous of all silent films, follows Eureka! Entertainment's hugely successful restoration showcases of Fritz Lang's Metropolis (1927) in 2010 and Carl Theodor Dreyer's The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928) in 2012.

Nosferatu's UK theatrical run will be co-ordinated by Eureka! Entertainment and will open in selected cinemas nationwide on Friday October 25, 2013, just in time for Halloween. Blu-ray and DVD releases will follow with a raft of special features to be announced nearer the release date, as part of Eureka! Entertainment's award-winning The Masters of Cinema Series.

Steelbook confirmed via Twitter:
We're thrilled to announce that F. W. Murnau's masterpiece NOSFERATU will see a Halloween 2013 theatrical release, followed by MoC Blu-ray, in a new restoration. The Blu-ray and DVD will follow in November with new special features, and will be available in a SteelBook edition.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 302
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 297
Last edited by a moderator:
That is a real shame :( I still want this, but they have ruined the cover. The cropping of the moon and the foot is appalling, and as for that blue .....

Reactions: DJ IXS
I guess they chose the blue because of the blue tint of the film. So it's actually reflects the look of the film, but I still don't think it works as a cover. I'm going to get this nevertheless. It still looks pretty good, if I can only get used to that cropped artwork

Reactions: DJ IXS
I also just pre-ordered this steelbooks but now I'm definitely cancelling.

Biggest steelbook disappointment this year! It looks like **** if you ask me. At least there is still that Halloween-steelbook coming out so horror fans are still safe or now unless they screw that up too.

i can live with the slight cropping of the front picture, i think the front cover still looks pretty good...
but i have to agree on the blue spine/back... it doesnt work at all together with the front.

i will still order it some time in the future, but i think i can wait for a significant price drop, because i also have the dvd version on my shelf, still stealed.

I don't mind the blue at all, I think it makes the front stand out more, plus those that have previously purchased Eureka steels will know that many of them feature these bright colours and they do look amazing together on the shelf (although usually the colours are consistent front to back, which this time they're not).

The thing I just can't agree with is the cropping of the moon and the bottom of the picture and how the title is so awkwardly close to the moon, which looks a little off to me.

I think what may have happened is the moon was supposed to be there on the edge like the first mock-up but somewhere down the line an error has been made and somebody forgot that the edges need to fold around to hold the plastic in place, hence losing half the moon and a bit of the image at the bottom.

I'm still buying this film and I'm a big Eureka/MOC supporter too but I will pass on the steel and get the cheaper amaray.

Reactions: hayemaker
I wonder whether it's possible that only the mock-up is a mistake and the actueel SB will not have the cropped moon..? For instance, Zavvi messes up the artwork previews all the time...

I wonder whether it's possible that only the mock-up is a mistake and the actueel SB will not have the cropped moon..? For instance, Zavvi messes up the artwork previews all the time...

Not possible unfortunately:

From Eureka:

BWJ8X1dIYAAjpZI.jpg

Looks okay, I just wish the moon wasn't half hanging off the side edge.

I checked my old DVD copy of Nosferatu from Masters of Cinema. It actually has a blue spine (and a blue still from the film on the back with text), and it struck me that it actually never bothered me (in fact it's one of my favourite covers). So I expect this to look better in hand than on that pic.

I still think it's a great shame that they cropped that artwork. It's def not a typical EUREKA moment