Jan 14, 2012
Estonia
Release date: 18th November 2013
Purchase links:
Amazon UK - £29.99
Zavvi.com - £19.99

nosferatu.jpg

51X6HgZFOuL.jpg

Eureka! Entertainment and The Masters of Cinema Series are delighted to announce the Halloween 2013 theatrical and home video releases of an eagerly awaited new restoration of F. W. Murnau's legendary silent cinema horror classic Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror (1922), expertly restored in Germany by the world-renowned Friedrich-Wilhelm-Murnau-Stiftung (FWMS).

This revival of a horror classic, one of the most famous of all silent films, follows Eureka! Entertainment's hugely successful restoration showcases of Fritz Lang's Metropolis (1927) in 2010 and Carl Theodor Dreyer's The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928) in 2012.

Nosferatu's UK theatrical run will be co-ordinated by Eureka! Entertainment and will open in selected cinemas nationwide on Friday October 25, 2013, just in time for Halloween. Blu-ray and DVD releases will follow with a raft of special features to be announced nearer the release date, as part of Eureka! Entertainment's award-winning The Masters of Cinema Series.

Steelbook confirmed via Twitter:
We're thrilled to announce that F. W. Murnau's masterpiece NOSFERATU will see a Halloween 2013 theatrical release, followed by MoC Blu-ray, in a new restoration. The Blu-ray and DVD will follow in November with new special features, and will be available in a SteelBook edition.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 301
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 295
Last edited by a moderator:
Received mine a few days ago directly from Eureka.
It comes with a booklet and is limited to 4,000.
Lifeboat is just 'limited' ???

Thanks!

In that case, I've decided to keep the order, instead of risking it going OOS to save a few pounds. :)

It's pretty rare for MoC steelbooks to go out of stock, but they don't usually drop in price much either. There might be the occasional short term deal.

Whilst I don't think any have gone out of stock yet (with the exception of the Metropolis and Shogun Assassin steelbooks, the stock of which I believe was destroyed during the senseless riots a few years ago), it is always worth keeping a lookout on Amazon for deals - especially on the steelbooks. I'm sure I've seen Double Indemnity and the Lost Weekend down to around the £11 mark. Silent Running was £12.99 when I ordered it.

I managed to pick up the Repo Man, Lost Weekend and Double Indemnity steelbooks direct from Eureka (via Amazon MarketPlace) for around £12 last year. I don't know the print runs of those, though. The biggest bargain was Silent Running for £6.99 from Play about 18 months ago.

My general advice would be to wait unless you really want the film now. Most are unlikely to go out of stock very quickly and they may well drop below £15 at some point. This is what I'm doing for the Mabuse steel, though I couldn't wait for Nosferatu.

Reactions: stepstone
Yeah, that Mabuse Steel caught my eye. I've never seen it though, so thought I'd give it a go on Netflix... didn't realise it's 4 1/2 hours long EEK!. I'll have to wait till I can watch it in one sitting.

As for limitation, it seems that Eureka started to do it more strictly now with 4,000 pcs for "Nosferatu" and "Dr. Mabuse, der Spieler". I remember, last year was full of Eureka Steelbook releases without known limitation (the last one was "The Passion Of Joan Of Arc"), which are still available. So, there might be the answer.

As far as I know, all Eureka's steelbooks are limited to 4000 (the minimum allowed). They are usually available for so long because they're 'niche' titles. The only one which may have been a higher run is 'Touch of Evil', because it was an HMV exclusive for a few years.

Reactions: Horned_King
As far as I know, all Eureka's steelbooks are limited to 4000 (the minimum allowed). They are usually available for so long because they're 'niche' titles. The only one which may have been a higher run is 'Touch of Evil', because it was an HMV exclusive for a few years.

Thanks for reply - didn't know that all of them are this limited. I own almost all MoC Steelbooks so far, only "Passion of Joan of Arc" and "Touch of Evil" are missing. As "Touch of Evil" was a HMV Exclusive - do you know, if it happens to be buyable anywhere else now (except ebay of course)?

Thanks for reply - didn't know that all of them are this limited. I own almost all MoC Steelbooks so far, only "Passion of Joan of Arc" and "Touch of Evil" are missing. As "Touch of Evil" was a HMV Exclusive - do you know, if it happens to be buyable anywhere else now (except ebay of course)?

If you pay the postage to Germany, I'll happily give you my spare Touch of Evil Steelbook :) Drop me a PM.

When HMV went bust, Eureka took back remaining stock to sell on their own store but it has since sold out (think it was 2-3 months back).

Received mine from Zavvi on Saturday. Not really sure what to say about this steel, the blue back is a little distracting but I did enjoy the booklet that was inside the steel :p. Anyone else received theirs yet?

Received mine from Zavvi on Saturday. Not really sure what to say about this steel, the blue back is a little distracting but I did enjoy the booklet that was inside the steel :p. Anyone else received theirs yet?

Got mine on Saturday too and love it. Was gonna get it at HMV but their prices for Eureka are ridiculous for some reason! I think it's going on sale at £35 for those stores that actually get some in!

I must be in the minority that loves this steelbook...best one since Touch Of Evil in my opinion.

Yay, mine came today. Amazon surprisingly used horrible packaging but it came in perfect condition.

Haven't opened it yet but so far am impressed

its classy. pure class.

cant believe people get picky about the artwork which is great, for a classic film, but get all excited about pain and gain, which is total garbage on every level.

the eureka steelbooks are not for those who would get excited about pain and gain and all the rest of those trashy films with banal artwork.

Last edited by a moderator: