Jan 14, 2012
Estonia
Release date: 18th November 2013
Purchase links:
Amazon UK - £29.99
Zavvi.com - £19.99

nosferatu.jpg

51X6HgZFOuL.jpg

Eureka! Entertainment and The Masters of Cinema Series are delighted to announce the Halloween 2013 theatrical and home video releases of an eagerly awaited new restoration of F. W. Murnau's legendary silent cinema horror classic Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror (1922), expertly restored in Germany by the world-renowned Friedrich-Wilhelm-Murnau-Stiftung (FWMS).

This revival of a horror classic, one of the most famous of all silent films, follows Eureka! Entertainment's hugely successful restoration showcases of Fritz Lang's Metropolis (1927) in 2010 and Carl Theodor Dreyer's The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928) in 2012.

Nosferatu's UK theatrical run will be co-ordinated by Eureka! Entertainment and will open in selected cinemas nationwide on Friday October 25, 2013, just in time for Halloween. Blu-ray and DVD releases will follow with a raft of special features to be announced nearer the release date, as part of Eureka! Entertainment's award-winning The Masters of Cinema Series.

Steelbook confirmed via Twitter:
We're thrilled to announce that F. W. Murnau's masterpiece NOSFERATU will see a Halloween 2013 theatrical release, followed by MoC Blu-ray, in a new restoration. The Blu-ray and DVD will follow in November with new special features, and will be available in a SteelBook edition.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 301
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 295
Last edited by a moderator:
Eureka have already received stock and have sent them out to those who ordered directly from them - received mine this morning at work but I always keep them sealed until safely home. It has the usual pleasing MoC weightiness to it and it looks really nice. It is a little unfortunate that the image has been wrapped around the side of the steel, effectively cropping off a bit of the moon. I like the blue that so many have taken issue with, though. Looking forward to getting it home for a proper look at it.

I don't mind the blue or the cropping, but I was hoping the price would have come down a bit. I'll cancel and buy later if the price drops. If not, I'll settle for the Amaray if the price is right. My Dvd will do for now.

Any extras such as booklet included? I'm happy with Lifeboat package but it fell to £11. I'm thinking whether I should wait for a substantial price drop.

I like the Eureka Steelbooks for the simple and clean design. It gives the movies a classic look, they deserve. As for limitation, it seems that Eureka started to do it more strictly now with 4,000 pcs for "Nosferatu" and "Dr. Mabuse, der Spieler". I remember, last year was full of Eureka Steelbook releases without known limitation (the last one was "The Passion Of Joan Of Arc"), which are still available. So, there might be the answer. I just hope, that they sell out fast, so that Eureka releases more Steelbooks again. I really like them and classic masterpieces deserve something special.

Last edited:
Had to cancel this for the time being, maybe next paycheck (or after the price drop) but I definitely want to get this.

Any extras such as booklet included? I'm happy with Lifeboat package but it fell to £11. I'm thinking whether I should wait for a substantial price drop.

I remember seeing Lifeboat for £8 at one point...kinda wish I'd got it now...

Not sure if I should keep my order with Zavvi for this steelbook...still can't decide if it's worth paying over £15 for a steelbook these days - so Nosferatu and Nausicaä are both in the firing line really, and I'll only get Elysium or Alpha Papa if they're reasonable prices at HMV (I get discount). I wish new releases were more like Zavvi's price point of the recent Seven Samurai release.

Had to cancel this for the time being, maybe next paycheck (or after the price drop) but I definitely want to get this.

I've got to decide over the next couple of days whether I really want this soon or can I wait until it's cheaper? I have it pre-ordered with Zavvi for just over £17.50 which is the cheapest I could possibly get it...but how long would it take to drop below that price? I can't tell...Dr Mabuse recently dropped to as little as £15 on Amazon I think but it's only 1-disc whilst Nosferatu is dual format (Blu-ray + DVD copy).

So now it's between sticking with this price, waiting for a price drop, or just getting the amaray. Ugh, why Eureka why! I love their releases, and have as many Eureka steelbooks as I do Eureka amarays...

Last edited:
I have nothing against the film or steelbook, this is strictly a monetary issue with the Holidays coming up.

What's the guesses? Will this drop in price, or go OOS first? I like it, but I have it on Dvd, and it's also on Netflix, so I don't feel the urge to pay nearly £20 for it.