Official Interest Gauge: Red (2010) / Red 2 (2013) 4K UHD SteelBook Special Edition

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
I was asked to see what you all thought of potentially releasing 4K SteelBook editions for the movies Red and Red 2?

Personally I thought they were some fun movies with a great cast.

Is this something you would want as a 2 in 1 SteelBook ? or 2 different steelbooks in a boxset? Or stand a lone ?

Any thoughts or ideas? Art recommendations etc.

Studio is watching so constructive criticism here will help gauge whether or not to make this happen.

2 in 1 SteelBook, with the title only, Red....but i know marketing movies don't work like that. so i would also like 2 different steelbooks in a boxset.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Oh, definitely yes! I don't even have the first one on any disc, I think, and the other one is just a regular 'amaray'.
I've wanted better editions of both for a while, but preferably in two separate steels.
No 'artsy-fartsy' perversions though, 'simple' shots of cast front and back would be great!
And a booklet please, even if it's just 4 pages, like first DVDs used to have.

I personally think they were fairly lazy run-of-the-mill Hollywood cashgrabs where the famous casts were supposed to distract from the uninspired screenplays and Bruce Willis' performances were a preview of things (not?) to come for him in the decade afterwards. I'm not interested in Steelbooks for these, but respect anybody who is.

I'd much rather see a great "Sinister" Steelbook from Lionsgate after seeing "The Black Phone" by the same director last weekend!!!!

Love the movies and would be quite happy to see a good steelbook for both. I hate combined steelbooks however so for me it would have to be two separates and if it happens, I beg for the title on each one, not on slips either, just on the steel, no other writing necessary but the title, essential.

@Wreck I enjoy these movies, good fun.

I have the previous editions, G1 for the first movie, which I believe was released in Mexico back in the day and the HMV exclusive G2 for the second which was glossy'ish with a debossed title.

Snapped a couple of pics just now for those who haven't seen these.

IMG_2475.jpegIMG_2478.jpeg

Preference is for two separate SteelBooks.

A 2-in-1 is a no go for me, look at that ugly German release of 2014 - someone else's photo from its thread below.

20140409_202826 (Medium).jpg

The official posters are almost all a bit too repetitive, Red - Red 2, so maybe something new can be whipped?

Let them hire @Snollygoster ;)

They'd be hard pushed selling Red 2 by itself imo. Personally I'd just prefer a standalone for the 1st film and have done with it.

If they're set on selling Red 2 as well, releasing a combo steel or set would probably be the way to go. Combo would be my preference, but I appreciate many collectors dislike them.

Good time to release these with big Bruce willy hanging up his acting boots,

Would need to be a 4K release.

Don't mind both on the one steelbook if they merge the two so you don't have RED on the top half of the steelbook and RED 2 on the bottom.

The artwork would look good for these in a comic book or cartoon style on a white steelbook, If the titles going to be red it will look better on white than black and if a single steelbook the title would look better as just RED on the front and then have RED & RED 2 on the spine

Absolutely rubbish films so no thanks

I think HMV gave me the red 2 steelbook for free once at the counter because they couldn’t shift them lol

• Haha
Reactions: hatredhorror
Definitely interested,would prefer separate steelbooks released at different times to ease costs a little.
I feel the 1st steelbook should have "The Pig" on it as that just sums up the fun of the film to me

1 Steelbook with artwork just from first film

They could just Include Red 2 as a bonus disc without having to use artwork from Red 2 on the steelbook

Reactions: Lenny Nero