Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 27th, 2014
Purchase link: Once Upon a Time in America
Price: £24.99

81HypmyP7JL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG! i just finished watching the film for first time ever, what an spectacular film, masterpiece.....loved it! the cinematography its amazing. glad i got the steelbook, a great steel

Agree. It's a great great film which I need to see again soon. It been a few years since the last time. :)

It's been a long time since someone last mentioned the word grail. However, slowly but surely this has become incrediblly sought after.

One of my own personal favourite Steels and movies.

Used to own this one but sold it last year and haven't regretted it. I just never got the film- really tried, but found it messy, overlong, disjointed and ponderous. Kind of like a gangster version of The Deer Hunter. It has it's moments to be sure, but overall a thumbs down. Admittedly I'm probably in the minority on this.

Reactions: phate11 and DJ IXS
It's been a long time since someone last mentioned the word grail. However, slowly but surely this has become incrediblly sought after.

One of my own personal favourite Steels and movies.
Tell me about it... been after this one for a while now. I'm never going to pay the prices people are asking though, so I'll probably just settle for the amaray. :wtf:

Used to own this one but sold it last year and haven't regretted it. I just never got the film- really tried, but found it messy, overlong, disjointed and ponderous. Kind of like a gangster version of The Deer Hunter. It has it's moments to be sure, but overall a thumbs down. Admittedly I'm probably in the minority on this.
I only watched it for the first time a month or so ago... I liked it overall, but I agree that it was overlong, and I kind of lost interest towards the end. I feel I may enjoy it more on rewatch though. :)

Reactions: BDDB

I watched this for the first time last year and felt exactly the same. It might have been groundbreaking at the time of release, but now it just didn't feel like a masterpiece to me. I can think of a whole bunch of ways I'd rather spend 4 hours than by giving this movie another chance. Definitely seek out a cheaper way to watch this before spending crazy coin acquiring this steelbook.

It is a nice looking steel though.

Reactions: andy01652