Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA

Note: From Manta Lab via Collectong

Dear Customers,

Happy CNY everyone! We are happy to announce the 2023 exclusive steelbook releases (Tentative). All releases from the list are not guaranteed. 2022 releases that were not released in 2022 may not release in 2023 due to issues from our distributor.

326787643_1285166488882234_2990381971228511755_n.jpg

Must be patient. Would only feel right to get this as a premium.
Perhaps someone else will step up.
They’ll be another steel at some point anyway. Possibly even a reprint of the other 2 down the line. If that happens I’ll happily get the fire steel. Also Zeta might and again if they use the fire steel I’ll get that. Personally I think that steel will be hard to beat

They’ll be another steel at some point anyway. Possibly even a reprint of the other 2 down the line. If that happens I’ll happily get the fire steel. Also Zeta might and again if they use the fire steel I’ll get that. Personally I think that steel will be hard to beat
yeah, a movie as popular as oppenheim will get release after release.. see inception and interstellar.. no point in overpaying for a wwa steel

yeah, a movie as popular as oppenheim will get release after release.. see inception and interstellar.. no point in overpaying for a wwa steel
Exactly. And we’ve seen steels get reprints out the blue later down the line. Sometimes years later

But yeah they’ll defo be a new steel in a year or so. Universal love a reprint/ rerelease + Oscar winner + The money it made + biggest film of 2023

Universal stopped bluray releases in Hong Kong (and Asia) starting this Jan. So this steelbook won't happen. Forget it.
Manta does hold a Universal license for HK, which they newly attained again around this time last year. They have already released economy versions of Oppenheimer via this licence back in November last year, when the film first came out.

The fact that Universal may have stopped distributing new films in HK shouldn't (in theory) impact this release, assuming they will actually sign off on it and the discs are still available.

Manta does hold a Universal license for HK, which they newly attained again around this time last year. They have already released economy versions of Oppenheimer via this licence back in November last year, when the film first came out.

The fact that Universal may have stopped distributing new films in HK shouldn't (in theory) impact this release, assuming they will actually sign off on it and the discs are still available.
Universal does release new films in HK theaters, but the last order of blurays was in Jan. No more new releases (or new order of discs), even though Manta acquired the license last year.

Universal does release new films in HK theaters, but the last order of blurays was in Jan. No more new releases (or new order of discs), even though Manta acquired the license last year.
By stopped releasing new films, I did mean on disc, as that's what we're talking about. This isn't something that you know, whether Manta already have discs, or whether Universal will provide them. You're speculating. If Universal and Manta both want this released, it'll get released. If they don't, it won't. We'll have to wait for confirmation on the release to know for sure.