Pain & Gain (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: December 23rd, 2013
Purchase link: Pain & Gain Sold-out
Price: £23.99
Notes: Limited to 1000 units in UK (This means 3k+ will be released in other countries)
The finishes are overall matte varnish, except for a spot UV gloss on Mark and Dwayne on the front cover.

10858488-1380897011-536845.jpg

10858488-1380897011-536857.jpg

10858488-1380897011-536835.jpg

The disc will be the same as the new US Special Edition

Here's something that's made me very happy. From the PR company -

Hi Matt,

I hope you are well, please find attached the press release for Pain & Gain. I am pleased to confirm that the UK release will feature the same extras as the US special edition release.

Kind Regards

Kerry

Latest update from Zavvi
Still waiting on finalised artwork.

The finishes are overall matte varnish, except for a spot UV gloss on Mark and Dwayne on the front cover.

There’s a pantone red on their names on the front cover, and emboss on the title treatment.

Confirmed as 1000 units only and from the traffic and questions we are getting, think this will only last a couple of days at the most before selling out.

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,018
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 444
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 324
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 387
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 341
Last edited by a moderator:
Grail or no grail

Could this be a grail?

If it does become a grail (which I highly doubt, with identical releases available in other places and with most people keeping it sealed and put away for later and dozens of copies on ebay), it will be rereleased until it's no longer a grail - simple as that.

If it does become a grail (which I highly doubt, with identical releases available in other places and with most people keeping it sealed and put away for later and dozens of copies on ebay), it will be rereleased until it's no longer a grail - simple as that.

You cant know that ... Nobody can know that... Maybe we know it in a year or two :thumbs:

You cant know that ... Nobody can know that... Maybe we know it in a year or two :thumbs:

Which standard release (I'n not talking things like CA TW or The Thing JP with limited edition slipcovers or stuff like that) has become a grail over the last year or two? I remember when the Avengers steelbook with Muller exclusive comic came out and sold for 180+ Euros on the day of its release. There was lots of grail-talk as well back then...

I also don't know for a fact Iron Man 3 (DE) will not be a grail, but it would surprise the hell out of me.

Let's just call it an educated (and learnt the hard way!!) guess...

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO ppl need 2 wake up and smell the coffee - The grail thing died a few years back. There are jus far too many printed copies of popular titles ww, while nobdy really gives a sh*t about these obviously artificialy low releases (cept 4 suckers who think they can make a buck selling stuff n1 really wants on the 'bay).

...but in the rare occurrence when something really is both hard 2 find AND popular, the retailers will jus go ahead & re-release or re-print it when they think we arnt looking :movie:

Last edited:
I got my copy of this on Saturday. It's an okay steelbook, but in terms of Paramount steelbooks, there are far better. I don't feel the quality is the same.

I got mine from first batch of pre-orders.Unfortunately my copy has bit of a ding on back.They've offered me a 15% partial refund or a replacement as "it's on order with supplier" :dunno:
Not sure what to make of that.

The problem is that many don't want to pay for proper packaging. International shipping is 99p yet that isn't good enough for some collectors. They want VAT taken off if they live outside of the EU :rolleyes:

without the cheap shipping and no VAT, we'll leave the Region B locked, matte, cheap, crap over there for more 9.99 or Free specials... :p

Those still squabling over why this got a steelbook release should watch it. I initially thought it would be a bit rubbish but it isn't bad. It is much better than films like Kick Ass 2 and Red 2.

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_327 using Tapatalk

Great

I have literally received 25 steelbooks from zavvi over the last 6 weeks. All in white boxes, all minty mint. Just yesterday the 6€ Withnail and I arrived in a box. Well, today I went to the customs office to finally pick up "Pain & Gain" and it was wrapped in 2 jiffy-bags and the steelbook is completely bent and destroyed. Nice one zavvi! Keep sending the cheap ones in stable boxes and the 30€ ones in jiffy bags....

^

Sorry to hear that, mate. :(

But in reality, those white boxes don't give a lot of protection in situations where a steelbook in double jiffy bags arrives bent. I have received a couple of "bananas" and several mildly bent steelbooks in white Zavvi boxes, too...

Reactions: Lutzo